Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #3681
RCC Addict

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stage View Post
The higher efficiency is what I was really pointing to.. I don't mind the extra weight of AA batteries and was hoping for longer run times as compared to Lipo.

I should have asked for opinions before buying, but I still prefer the non rechargeable way for the radio.
I'm working right now so I don't have my equipment nor my radio but really weigh the aa batteries and a 3s 2200 mah is about the largest you can get in the controller and the weight is about half...... With the aa radio may see 6-8 hrs before dead. My 2200 3s runs for over a month and I drive my rigs quite regularly.

In no way shape or form will the aa see the run times a Lipo will. I can post the rest about efficiency later when I have time
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #3682

hi all, i could use a little help. Im trying to program the 3rd channel on the i think you call it the C switch to be a 2 postion for the 2 speed trans in a tf2 but i want to be able to set the end points, can someone walk me though on how to do it thanks. im using a gt3b with 6.1.
badd_maxx25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #3683
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the information inclosed throughout your thread.
I inquired in another thread as to the axial transmitter looking suspiciously flysky looking for confirmation.
At this time I run 99% specktrum and a couple traxxas tqi's.
Looking into the flysky pricing it may be worth a small investment to switch my only two crawlers over, I can buy a radio and multiple four plus channel receivers for the price of a couple 3 channel specky units
billy bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #3684
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bones View Post
Thanks for the information inclosed throughout your thread.
I inquired in another thread as to the axial transmitter looking suspiciously flysky looking for confirmation.
At this time I run 99% specktrum and a couple traxxas tqi's.
Looking into the flysky pricing it may be worth a small investment to switch my only two crawlers over, I can buy a radio and multiple four plus channel receivers for the price of a couple 3 channel specky units
Not only due they look eerily similar, they are interchangeable. I have found the Axial AR-3 to be a much better electrically designed receiver and use them with my GT3B. Further the Axial AX-3 can also bind with the Flysky FS-GR3 receiver.

I have yet to look over the electrical differences between the two receivers but I have far less issues using the AX-3 on my GT3B
drzoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #3685
Got Worms?

I'll have the GT3C Prototype switches listed on my website soon. They are alittle loose, but do the job. As with the GT3B version, anyone who buys the prototype switches will have the option to upgrade to the final versions for a fraction of the cost. (I'm not looking to make money off you twice)

I'm working on getting the size right, it'll be afew more months before the machined aluminum ones will be made.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #3686
Quarry Creeper

My replacement switches are working far better than the stockers ever did.

sent using lipo power from a galaxy
jaymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #3687

I finally got my GT3B hacked, updated the firmware, and got it to do 4WS and change to Crab with the CH3 button. I've seen videos of people using the CH3Trim button to also switch between just normal front steering and just rear steering. Does anyone have the "recipe" for this?
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #3688
RCC Addict

This is how I did it back at version 4.0, by version 6.0 I decided to run it manually in rear as to have better control of rear axle

ch3 will swap between 4ws and crab

ch3 trim will go between rear steer(left), 4ws(mix)(center) and front steer(right)

sub menu EPOINT (4) to channel 4, 0%, NOC sub menu rev 3 4WS, NOL, 100%, NOR, NOO sub menu rev C 4WS, SWI, NOR, NPV, OFF

Steering Front is plugged into Channel 1 Steering Rear is Plugged into Channel 4

Austin can confirm if this template will work on newer version........ Can't remember if some of those abbreviations changed.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #3689
Quarry Creeper

Where can I find a programing manual? Just trying to make my CH3 button an on/off switch.
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #3690
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
Where can I find a programing manual? Just trying to make my CH3 button an on/off switch.
Same place you got the version of program you are running.

Also there have been a few manuals around that others have made to explain more in depth and simplify. Google should net you some of those manuals.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #3691
Pebble Pounder

Will a 1050 lipo 3S 20C work for the transmitter pack since I have one laying arround at home, our do I have to go for a 3S 2C?
PSH72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #3692
RCC Addict

Yes. The 20c has 10x more available amps but the same volts so it will fine.

Sent from the outer limits using alien technology
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #3693
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Yes. The 20c has 10x more available amps but the same volts so it will fine.

Sent from the outer limits using alien technology
X2 you're all good. As long as it fits, and your voltages right.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #3694
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the help
PSH72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #3695

I will admit I have not read all 100+ pages of this thread, but could somebody tell me how hard it is to put in the frysky telemetry radio in this? I have no issues reflow soldering, I have a hot air workstation, can acquire the stm8 programmer no problem and think I have all the bases covered, anything I am missing out on would be appreciated, also already have recoms in different flavors but since I am looking at the 3c I don't think that would be an issue. I just can't justify a 3pk/s with a frsky module, when I already have what I think is all I need. Been in and out of the hobby for 30yrs, current brother hobby would be multirotors that I design the frames in solidworks, have them machined in whrever material I feel appropriate and build the fc, usually some modified version of something open source.

Have had excellent results w/ the frsky module in my 9cap, but I scored big time on that radio for aircraft and will not replace it until I need a Taranis, which probably won't be for some time, I just feel the frsky radio to be very solid and if I am running a 4s, 1:8 truggy @ 50mph+ I feel it my responsibility to have a solid rd connection (fright will need need some tweaking to get to 50mph reliably, but again solidworks is my friend (along with Ti & 7075-t6 Al and an aerospace machine shop) :-)

This will be for a basher

Thanks in advance,
Bob
bob4432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #3696
Got Worms?

The frsky module requires more voltage than the 3c has (because it runs off a 1s lipo). So you'll need a boost regulator to just power the frsky module
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #3697

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
The frsky module requires more voltage than the 3c has (because it runs off a 1s lipo). So you'll need a boost regulator to just power the frsky module
Good call, forgot about about that completely.

On another note, anybody run under large solar arrays? I live very close to a school that has solar panels on the buildings and parking structures and while I plan th get a $1M umbrella policy (parks have a horse run ( not sure if that is the correct term ) and I don't know what rf the solar setups put out, if any, but don't want to be the guy that finds out and the horses, well these ones are not are not cheap let alone the injury to the person considering the weight involved....😬

Last, how many channels do the radio/s - 3 & 4 series, in their stock state use and as far as the solar stuff, for the multis I fly, I go 5.8, both both boscam and immersion frequencies.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
bob4432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #3698

Is losikid on vacation or something? Ordered a flysky gt3b 11/28 and I have still not heard anything from him on the order. I emailed him 3 or 4 days ago asking about status and still no response. Don't want to start anything here just don't know how else to get any answers. Thanks
boaty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #3699
RCC Addict

Not sure but I've order quite a bit fro austin. He is quite a busy guy, getting a hold of him sometimes sucks but parts always come through.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:46 PM   #3700

Its all good. I gather its a hobby for him. Was just hoping to have before Christmas, its a gift.
boaty3 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM