Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #121

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
That pricing is a little better. around $20 or so.

The other thing that I think would annoy me are the holes in the handle. My ring and pinky finger would be around that area.
I have small hands and I'm fairly thin, but the meat of my palm did fall into the holes and it was annoying at first. But now I don't even notice it.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #122
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set

can this radio do anything with dual ESCs? Moa dig?
JoelTGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:16 AM   #123

Hi,

I bought this radio a while ago.
At first I liked it (for 2 hours...)

The longer I have it - the more I hate it.

It will not bind to AFHS, AFDS A2. No GT3 radio compatibility...
Only to it's original radio.
Gyro is super shaky if used on crawler. Even if disabled it reacts to shock and shakes.

Programming is very limited and far from expected and missing some basic functions.

I am now really sorry that I bought this and sold my I4 radio from FS.
rcradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #124

Question for those with both this GT5 and an older GT-3B, is this easier to one hand operate?

One thing I always wanted improved on my GT3B was the wheel placement, it's a real stretch for me to use handed, had to mod it so I could film and drive at the same time, is the GT5 better or still hard to reach?

I have a hacked GT-3B and it's been a champ for years, though age is showing and a few things are starting to fail, dial is twitch and bind button is broken, I'm thinking about replacing it with the GT5, though will miss having crab, 4ws, fws and rws at the flicks of my thumbs.

Man it sure would be nice to make that thumb 3pos switch change through crab, 4ws etc ...
QueadlunnRau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:51 AM   #125

If you dont need more than 4 channels - go FS iT4
You can program a button to cycle 2WS, 4WS, Crab.
And you get to keep all the recivers.

The new one uses only gyro type, I have experianced glitches already....

Last edited by rcradio; 07-02-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo
rcradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:59 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcradio View Post
If you dont need more than 4 channels - go FS iT4
You can program a button to cycle 2WS, 4WS, Crab.
And you get to keep all the recivers.

The new one uses only gyro type, I have experianced glitches already....
What glitches have you experienced? Some jittering or something major?

Trying to look if the FS-iT4 has a firmware update for the new gyro FS-BS6 I do see it shows compatibility with the FS-IT4S in amazon, does anyone know if the gyro controls work on the FS-iT4? (rate, steering priority etc.)

I'm getting sold on the gyro settings I've seen for the FS-GT5, setting steering priority would be awesome for my on-road cars I setup for on-road (steering priority high) and drifting (Steering priority low).
Old 07-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #127

Got the FS-GT5 yesterday and couldn't be happier ... so far.

Been looking for a replacement to my modded FS-GT3B, this transmitter has been a CHAMP over the years, however is showing it's age with a couple broken buttons and a few quirks I was hoping to fix with a new transmitter.

One thing I didn't read anywhere is if the FS-GT5 had an inactivity timer on it, I was going to miss that from my modded FS-GT3B, however I am happy to say it does have one! Can't tell you how many times I've left my Tx on while wrenching and that inactivity timer has saved me many batteries.

What sold me on this TX is having a Gyro, thanks to Traxxas's TSM for changing my mind on Gyros, being able to drive straight in loose dirt or in the rain I really wanted something with a built in Gyro that could fit in any receiver boxes from some of my RCs, the FS-GT5 fit the bill and the price for receivers are less than half of the Traxxas and Spektrum Rx's.

Yesterday we had a thunderstorm, perfect for testing this new Gyro Rx out in wet roads, I have to admit I was*very*impressed with this gyro and most importantly the gyro settings.

Some external Gyro's I've had I didn't like as they would continue to work even in a turn, making my turn radius large if using in high speed (Gy301), others worked great, (GYC300) but when changing my setup would need to constantly drive, drive back, adjust on the RC, test drive, drive back, repeat ...

This is why I like the Traxxas TSM, seems to be disabled when turning and you can adjust on the fly on the transmitter, this FS-GT5 also allows you to disable when steering and can adjust on the fly ... made me happy.

Another pleasant surprise is something called STM (Steering Mix), for my 7yr old Daughter's Slash VXL this is perfect, although I have taught her throttle management on launches and in turns, when her friends try it out, I have set the STM to cut a lot of throttle when they try to turn at full speed preventing the infamous 2WD slash stunt rolls.

I have some more FS-BS6 receivers and a couple FS-IA6 (for my crawlers don't want gyros on them) so will update further then I have more experience with this Tx on more RCs.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:22 PM   #128

I have an FS-it4s and bought some FS-bs6 receivers off ebay. The receivers bind but do not have any svc options. Also the TX says it can not update the receiver firmware when I try.

Does anyone have this working. I am running the 1.09-cn firmware. 16-03-2016, hardware 3.0
supermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermac View Post
I have an FS-it4s and bought some FS-bs6 receivers off ebay. The receivers bind but do not have any svc options. Also the TX says it can not update the receiver firmware when I try.

Does anyone have this working. I am running the 1.09-cn firmware. 16-03-2016, hardware 3.0
Do the FS-BS4 receivers with Gyro work for your 1.09 firmware? I was curious about this too if the FS-it4/FS-it4s would work with the new FS-b6 Rx (gyro functions that is).
Old 07-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #130

HobbyKing now has the BS-6 receivers for $15, but that doesn't solve the issue of the FS-A3 receivers not working. It appears FlySky straight up lied in their manual.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
HobbyKing now has the BS-6 receivers for $15, but that doesn't solve the issue of the FS-A3 receivers not working. It appears FlySky straight up lied in their manual.
My order of the HobbyKing Turnigy GT5 flavor of the FS-BS6 came in today, will double check they work no issues with my FlySky GT5 (99% it should be no issue since its just a simple rebrand, but heck with the FS-A3 not working you never know).

Also ordered a couple Turnigy flavored FS-iA6 receivers, will let you all know if there is an issue.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:38 PM   #132

The FlySky FS-GT5 does NOT work with the TGY-iA6, very disappointed like you are JatoTheRipper.

That said I had to use a BS6 in one of my crawlers and it's not glitching at all for me with the gyro turned off.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:59 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Got another bs-6 and an iA6 coming to try out.
Have you tried your iA6 yet?

I have tried my Turnigy flavor of iA6, tried every way to see if it binds, my transmitter just gets stuck on Link On and once I turn off and on in any order either the TX or RX no Buenos.

The other 5 Tunigy flavor of BS6 bind no issues as expected.

Also worth mentioning, is this does not work well with any of my TX controlled lights (brakes/turn signals etc) from my drift car, I've had issues with interactive lights when used with a Gyro, I just bypass linking to steering by using a 3rd channel mix, however this BS6 (tried both the Turnigy brand and the one that came with my FlySky) sends brief signals, confirmed with multimeter, to the other channels that confuse my interactive lights, gyro, ABS everything turned off.

Last edited by QueadlunnRau; 07-11-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:51 AM   #134
Pebble Pounder

Posted this elsewhere but thought relevant here so....

I'm just switching from a GT3B to a GT5.

Impressions of the GT5 so far:

1. feels much nicer than the GT3
2. much lighter.
3. better build quality
4. setup - piece of piss as we say over here.
5. receiver is nice and compact
6. throttle much smoother and better sensitivity
7. exponential actually works.

Picked mine up for £55 ($72) from ebay. Most seem to be charging £75+ ($98+). I usually buy from Asiatees (great prices, cheap shipping that has never taken more than 7 days and never been hit for tax).

Although not the cheapest for the controller Asiatees were the cheapest I could find for the receivers at £14 ($17) a piece so I ordered 2 more from them.
tachikoma1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #135
RCC Addict

can you program the GT-5 to have 4WS?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
can you program the GT-5 to have 4WS?
Yes, front only, rear only, 4ws and crab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachikoma1373 View Post
I'm just switching from a GT3B to a GT5.

Impressions of the GT5 so far:

1. feels much nicer than the GT3
2. much lighter.
3. better build quality
4. setup - piece of piss as we say over here.
5. receiver is nice and compact
6. throttle much smoother and better sensitivity
7. exponential actually works.
+1 pretty much my same story, but adding latency seems WAY better than my GT-3B, at my local track I was hitting railings early from being used to my old Tx for years, now I don't need to anticipate the turn as much and steering just feels more precise because of this.

Last edited by QueadlunnRau; 08-08-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #137
Quarry Creeper

So have any of you guys set this up on a Trx-4 with the Mamba X? I just ordered this radio specifically to use with my TRX-4, but really hope the aux cable can be set to one of the knobs to adjust the drag breaks.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
BashNSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #138
RCC Addict

I got mine in today... Now just need batteries...lol

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #139
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
So have any of you guys set this up on a Trx-4 with the Mamba X? I just ordered this radio specifically to use with my TRX-4, but really hope the aux cable can be set to one of the knobs to adjust the drag breaks.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
I had this arrive today for the same reasons with the same set up. It should work fine, no reason why it wouldn't and also you get to set end points for the micro servos.

I'm going to use channel 6 rotary dial for the aux wire and set the drag brake to about 90% in crawler/race mode and use the spare positive pin slot on the aux connector to connect the traxxas LED light kit single wire. That leaves me 1 channel free I think
niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:52 AM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Ok, i am confused now, i have read people saying the fs-a3 receiver work with the GT5, plus the manual also says that in page 7 , so anybody have one and can actually verify if these radios indeed bind to the older receivers, i have plans on getting one, but i have about 20 of my cars on the older receivers on hacked gt-3b and dont feel like spending so much money on updating receivers.

link to the manual, maybe i am not uderstanding correctly page 7?

http://www.flysky-cn.com/downloadRep...98bd31fec5.pdf
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote

New FlySky controller? FlySky FS-GT5 6 Channel Transmitter & FS-Gi6 Receiver Set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flysky GT3C, what's on the CD? & info for extra channel switches? patrol_maverick Electronics 7 11-15-2013 06:10 PM