Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #821
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

I found a spare Promodeler servo from my Align trex heli. It has 140 oz-in. torque, Ti gears, o-rings in the servo case and 2s capable.

It's a big servo but has plenty of clearance

Servo specs

That little spacer behind the servo tab has since been rotated and line up.

Last edited by Xrayray; 07-19-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Xrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2018, 05:13 AM   #822
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys.
So I got myself a pro-line sumo body...
I have the doomsday version, so its a gen2.
My issue is, I need longer body posts.
It looks like the sumo body was made with the gen1 (narrow) barrage in mind, I have 1.9" BFG AT KO2 tires, I got the body trimmed and test fit, and I can see that they would rub badly under even mild articulation. so my only options are a whole lot of trimming, which I dont want to do, or raise the body. Problem is, there is a barrage body post kit part #, but no one has it it stock that I can find. I also did some searching for for other brand chassis's, and all I could fine are some from the UK for $7 plus $11 shipping....

Im hoping someone could let me know of some body posts that will fit the barrage that are avalable now in the USA?
dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #823
Rock Stacker

HobbyTown lists them in stock on the 27th of July.
Devwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:52 AM   #824

I've started converting my Doomsday into a Hilux with the RC4WD body.

I think this thing is going to look pretty sick! First thing to do was chop down the rear shock towers to get the bed significantly lower. I had to bring the shocks down one hole, and removed the spacer ring they came with to compensate.

I also cut off the bottom half of the grill where the chrome bumper would be mounted, as I'm going to use the regular Barrage bumper. Then I cut off the dangly bits of the front fenders to match the grill and get some clearance for the tires.

Currently waiting on the primer to dry, and I'm still trying to decide between yellow, red, or tan paint.
Hakizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #825
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Hey guys.
So I got myself a pro-line sumo body...
I have the doomsday version, so its a gen2.
My issue is, I need longer body posts.
It looks like the sumo body was made with the gen1 (narrow) barrage in mind, I have 1.9" BFG AT KO2 tires, I got the body trimmed and test fit, and I can see that they would rub badly under even mild articulation. so my only options are a whole lot of trimming, which I dont want to do, or raise the body. Problem is, there is a barrage body post kit part #, but no one has it it stock that I can find. I also did some searching for for other brand chassis's, and all I could fine are some from the UK for $7 plus $11 shipping....

Im hoping someone could let me know of some body posts that will fit the barrage that are avalable now in the USA?
I still have my old body posts one long pair and one short pair. They have the ends trimmed one hole. If you want them let me know.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #826
I wanna be Dave

Dirty Steve making this stump pass-through in my yard look easy! Honestly, my worked up Wraith has trouble making it up, over and through this little feature. More due to width than anything. Often times it pays to have a narrower, lighter rig.

My rebuild / service on the HH Torquemaster 30T was also well worth it. The power and smoothness are back 100% now.
Attached Images

mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:52 PM   #827
RCC Addict

Looks like dirty Steve has been putting the beat down on that body.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #828
Rock Stacker

Is there a build thread for that? It’s a barrage running a holmes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tundratrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:42 PM   #829
RCC Addict

Its in this thread back around page 25-35.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #830
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundratrader View Post
Is there a build thread for that? It’s a barrage running a holmes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep - Like hillbillyrc said. Since there isn't a specific Barrage thread, it's just throughout this one.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:56 AM   #831
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Yep - Like hillbillyrc said. Since there isn't a specific Barrage thread, it's just throughout this one.
Still think you could put it in 1.9 section. Just copy and paste. Lol
Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #832
Rock Stacker

Devwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #833
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys. Here is my barrage. It started as a doomsday. I moved the battery tray to the front, rx/esc to the rear, then I added pro-line 1.9" bead locks, 1.9" pro-line BFG AT ko2's, and a pro-line sumo body.
The stock doomsday body posts were too short to work without some SERIOUS trimming, and no one had barrage bodyposts in stock I could find, but hillbillyrc awesomely sent me his old ones, which worked great. the stock posts have 2 hols in the rear, 4 in the front, I ended up using 5 in the rear, 7 in the front to get full flex with minimal trimming, I only had to trim a tiny bit of the bumper, not a big deal since I plan on removing the ones built into the sumo body and installing real barrage bumpers at some point.....
Anyway, here she is.... Oh, the brown you see on my wheels is not rust, its dirt from arches national park and moab

Non flexed shot....

Rear tire fully stuffed.

Front tire juuuuust fits too....

I really like this shot.....

Last edited by dacaur; 07-11-2018 at 09:33 PM.
dacaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #834
Quarry Creeper

Still working on my Bratrage ...

Unfortunatly, the masking didn't work as espected so the paint is not great and the stickers don't stick very well, but it'll do until I get an ABS body.

Had to print some shock towers to get the body low enough.
tuxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:19 PM   #835

Finished my FJ40 Barrage earlier this week. Now it needs some scale accessories.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
frakkinshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #836
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacaur View Post
Hey guys. Here is my barrage. It started as a doomsday. I moved the battery tray to the front, rx/esc to the rear, then I added pro-line 1.9" bead locks, 1.9" pro-line BFG AT ko2's, and a pro-line sumo body.
The stock doomsday body posts were too short to work without some SERIOUS trimming, and no one had barrage bodyposts in stock I could find, but hillbillyrc awesomely sent me his old ones, which worked great. the stock posts have 2 hols in the rear, 4 in the front, I ended up using 5 in the rear, 7 in the front to get full flex with minimal trimming, I only had to trim a tiny bit of the bumper, not a big deal since I plan on removing the ones built into the sumo body and installing real barrage bumpers at some point.....
Anyway, here she is.... Oh, the brown you see on my wheels is not rust, its dirt from arches national park and moab

Non flexed shot....

Rear tire fully stuffed.

Front tire juuuuust fits too....

I really like this shot.....
Turned out awesome. glad I could help out.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #837
Pebble Pounder

That Sumo and Land Cruiser came out great guys! I have been planning on a Land Cruiser myself plus some hobby gear accessories.

Before I change the body I wanted the chassis to work better so I did an electronics/battery swap.

I didnt want the battery tray over the servo because I would have to add the crossmember over the servo. I cut the esc tray to clear the servo and I added velcro between it and the lipo. Added velcro strap too. This is how heli lipos are strapped and it will not fly off for any reason.

The esc and rx mounted on the battery tray.

Last edited by Xrayray; 07-19-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Xrayray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:15 PM   #838
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxstang View Post
Still working on my Bratrage ...

Unfortunatly, the masking didn't work as espected so the paint is not great and the stickers don't stick very well, but it'll do until I get an ABS body.

Had to print some shock towers to get the body low enough.
Dude thank for all the amazing files. I have printed most of your stuff Gonna do the shock mounts and use those for the tamiya fj40 body. The brat looks awesome also.
Tundratrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:44 AM   #839
Quarry Creeper

the tinkering:
barrage doomsday
flipped the electronics
swapped in a hitec 645
swapped to the proline sumo body.
swapped on some 1.55 ssd steelies and baby beast
added Losi MRC alum steering knuckles.
swapped the external springs for some internal springs (for MRC) on the stock shocks.. They are a little long but i wanted to limit the travel.
drilled 4 holes and added TF2 sliders (fit sumo body well with a snip or two off the ends)
swapped to a 10.2 front bumper mount and a cut up TF2 front bumper with a dead winch for looks.
Digging they way this little rig looks but it needs to "work" to earn its pace in the fleet.
hotrodsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:59 AM   #840
Quarry Creeper

Went down to "Rock Island" to hang with friends and for a little test and tune.
This was the first time the little rig was on dirt and rocks. plugged in the battery and hit the rocks. I seemed to work pretty well. Then started to push it and...........ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I handed it off to a much better driver and manager of Rock Island. i stood back and watched. I saw the look on his face, Then it happened...........handed it off to another guy and it did not take long for us to.......... see it happen!!!!

This little rig is a mountain goat! The low speed control is awesome, it was pulling some amazing lines drama free, sticks like glue to rocks. It impressed all of us with its capability. Welcome to the fleet "Sammy" aka "Dragon Balls"!!!!
hotrodsoup is offline   Reply With Quote