Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #1201
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Unhappy

John-

I recently purchased a torque master mini set to zero timing. Since putting in the motor the rig seems to hesitate at certain points while climbing. I thought it may be the stock esc going bad. I replaced the esc with a tekin fxr and still have problems with hesitation. When it hesitates it seems to lunge all of a sudden as if the bind has let go. The tech guys at tekin seem to think maybe the motor has a bad brush or something. I'm going through batteries in about half the time as before. The temp of the esc rises very quickly and that is why the guys at tekin think the motor has a stuck brush. I replaced the torque master with stock motor and all issues go away. Can you help?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #1202
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
Well I got my fxr & 500 motor on friday, installed them the night before the comp. Needless to say I stayed up a little too late but got it dialed & it worked great. Thanks JRH!, love that motor & esc. I was wondering if I need the optional "outrunner" motor plate (ax10 trans) for my motor or is it a different size altogether?
The outrunner plate would allow the motor to sit closer and show more shaft. It would be a good buy for the Cobalt 500 really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
John-

I recently purchased a torque master mini set to zero timing. Since putting in the motor the rig seems to hesitate at certain points while climbing. I thought it may be the stock esc going bad. I replaced the esc with a tekin fxr and still have problems with hesitation. When it hesitates it seems to lunge all of a sudden as if the bind has let go. The tech guys at tekin seem to think maybe the motor has a bad brush or something. I'm going through batteries in about half the time as before. The temp of the esc rises very quickly and that is why the guys at tekin think the motor has a stuck brush. I replaced the torque master with stock motor and all issues go away. Can you help?

I agree, it is probably a hung brush. I can send you some replacements that are slightly smaller, it will fix the issue.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #1203
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info jrh, one more purchase to go...
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #1204
Rock Crawler

hey JRH...i was wondering if there are any negatives to cutting the on/off switch and soldering the wires together on my mamba max and monster mamba ESC's ??....thanks for any input
Old 11-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #1205
I wanna be Dave

John,

While I anxiously await the arrival of my Torquemaster Mini, I'm trying to learn about charging LiPos. I'm hoping you may be able to offer me some advice on the proper way to hook up my Ice charger and Hyperion balancer/adapter to my battery.

I'm planning on banana plugs from the Ice charger to the Hyperion and a Deans plug from the Hyperion to the battery. But what are my options for the balancer plug? At least, that's what I think it's called.

Here's my battery:

Here's my Hyperion LBA10, with which I'm sure you're quite familiar:

I believe i can order one of these for an adapter, right?

In the meantime, is there any way I can get my current stuff to work together or must I get that adapter first?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tommy
Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #1206
RCC Addict

John,

I have a mamba max, want a power house of a motor for a smaller 1.9 project .

1. is the scorpion HK a good choice?
2. With that motor, can I run a 4s lipo with the mamba max?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #1207
RCC Addict

John, I just picked up two crawlmax' from R2J that im hopeing will provide me with enough tourqe and power to push my 1/6 jeep that I have in the LArge Scale threads..Anyhow...When i mounted them up to the RC4WD V2 tranny the motors practicly touch each other and the copper capacitators touch...Is this ok?...If not..What can I do to remedy this..Will a layer of electric tape do?...thanks ahead to your help...
Old 11-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #1208
Rock Crawler

Will you be stocking any more 10T Cobalt Pullers?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 PM   #1209
RCC Addict

i have been looking at the tekin FXR at your website and have a couple
questions. can you program it for me to use on my MRC with a MTM and hitec 645 servo ? do i still need the hotwire if you program it before shipping ? do i still need a BEC, my battery is lipo 7.4 volts if i do this i have the BEC programmed for that output correct ?i will use the rig for bashing now and maybe comps down the road. TIA

Last edited by JOOTZ; 12-02-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #1210
RCC Addict

John,
Do you have the integy 35T motors in stock? I Noticed alot of other stores are out and wanted to make sure you had them before placing an order. I need two.

Also, what happened to your large selection of pinions? I thought you had more than what's listed? I took a break from this hobby for a couple months so things have changed. I'm looking for a 10, 11, or 12 tooth pinion for the integy 35t. Would you happen to be able to get these?

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by muddeprived; 12-01-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #1211

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMZKRAWLER View Post
hey JRH...i was wondering if there are any negatives to cutting the on/off switch and soldering the wires together on my mamba max and monster mamba ESC's ??....thanks for any input
I do it on all my ESCs, so I hope there isn't a downside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
John,

While I anxiously await the arrival of my Torquemaster Mini, I'm trying to learn about charging LiPos. I'm hoping you may be able to offer me some advice on the proper way to hook up my Ice charger and Hyperion balancer/adapter to my battery.

I'm planning on banana plugs from the Ice charger to the Hyperion and a Deans plug from the Hyperion to the battery. But what are my options for the balancer plug? At least, that's what I think it's called.

In the meantime, is there any way I can get my current stuff to work together or must I get that adapter first?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tommy
You can plug the battery directly into the balance port actually. The negative will go to the right side of the charger body. I will attach an image to show you how it looks plugged in, just pretend the image is flipped over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
John,

I have a mamba max, want a power house of a motor for a smaller 1.9 project .

1. is the scorpion HK a good choice?
2. With that motor, can I run a 4s lipo with the mamba max?

Thanks in advance.
The HK is a good choice actually, as long as you won't be competing or riding around at near zero throttle too much. 4 cell lipo makes it really wake up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIPOHAKU View Post
John, I just picked up two crawlmax' from R2J that im hopeing will provide me with enough tourqe and power to push my 1/6 jeep that I have in the LArge Scale threads..Anyhow...When i mounted them up to the RC4WD V2 tranny the motors practicly touch each other and the copper capacitators touch...Is this ok?...If not..What can I do to remedy this..Will a layer of electric tape do?...thanks ahead to your help...
Electric tape is really your only hope. as long as the tape doesn't get worn through you would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOOTZ View Post
i have been looking at the tekin FXR at your website and have a couple
questions. can you program it for me to use on my MRC with a MTM and hitec 645 servo ? do i still need the hotwire if you program it before shipping ? do i still need a BEC, my battery is lipo 7.4 volts if i do this i have the BEC programmed for that output correct ?i will use the rig for bashing now and maybe comps down the road. TIA
I don't program the tekin products, but they are super easy to program via the buttons. You would probably not NEED a BEC, but for best servo power I recommend one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post
John,
Do you have the integy 35T motors in stock? I Noticed alot of other stores are out and wanted to make sure you had them before placing an order. I need two.

Also, what happened to your large selection of pinions? I thought you had more than what's listed? I took a break from this hobby for a couple months so things have changed. I'm looking for a 10, 11, or 12 tooth pinion for the integy 35t. Would you happen to be able to get these?

Thanks
Chris
I do have them in stock, anything in my store is in stock unless it says specifically "backorder".

Look in the pinions, the tooth choices are in there. I took pinions off my site that I didn't have anymore, and consolidated pinions into one product for easy navigation.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:22 PM   #1212

balance port direct jack....
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2008, 03:55 PM   #1213
RCC Addict

Quote:

I do have them in stock, anything in my store is in stock unless it says specifically "backorder".

Look in the pinions, the tooth choices are in there. I took pinions off my site that I didn't have anymore, and consolidated pinions into one product for easy navigation.
Thank you for the quick reply. I was actually looking for a long pinion but seems there's no option for that. You do have 6 and 7 tooth long pinions as far i can see. No chance in getting 10-12 tooth long pinions? I am using the clod axles with the integy motors/adjustable motor mounts and they use long pinions if i'm correct.

Thanks! I'll still be ordering the motors.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #1214

Yeah, no long pinions in that size anymore. I suggest rc4wd or tcscrawlers if you want more wheelspeed. OR a higher voltage battery
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #1215
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yeah, no long pinions in that size anymore. I suggest rc4wd or tcscrawlers if you want more wheelspeed. OR a higher voltage battery
Alright i'm gonna check them out. I'll be placing my motor order sometime tonight.

I do need more wheel speed for this upcoming build. It's gonna be a 1:6 Jeep rescue trail rig, somewhat similar to my JK Rubiclod build i did in the past.

JK Rubiclod

On that one, i used dual 4000 mah batteries at 14.4 volts, 35t motors with 10t pinions. It had some good wheel speed and power, pretty much the perfect combo for that rig size. The only problem was it was designed as a rock crawler and would rollover easily. This upcoming build will be built strictly as a trail-rig and would handle high speed jumps/bumps with ease so i wanted to up the speed a bit more using a 11 or 12 tooth but may stick with 10. Too many options, too many undecided plans.

Thanks again!

Chris
Old 12-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #1216
RCC Addict

thanks john, i went ahead and ordered the FXR and used your coupon code. so i will get those hawt JRH decals again ?
Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #1217

Yep, I will throw in some stickers for you .

Thanks for the orders, it is MUCH appriciated.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #1218
RCC Addict

Got a update when you will be getting more 55T TM Prowounds in? I see only 1 instock and i need two. Thank you for your time.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #1219
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yep, I will throw in some stickers for you .

Thanks for the orders, it is MUCH appriciated.

waaaaaaaay cool, thanks for those john, next i need will be a very economical but good lipo (2s 7.4v)charger, let me know.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #1220
I wanna be Dave

how do I decide what motor to use from you? I ran a Tekin 55t and FXR combo for the last 4 months of the comp season. I was using (2) 3 cell saddle packs of 3/2A 1500 MAH. I want more power, so I will be moving up to LiPo next season, but I'd like a more powerful motor.

I want to keep the low end control and torque that I currently have, but I'd like more top end power, too, for wheel speed ( when needed). How many turns on one of your hand wound motors should I be looking for? I want to keep the FXR. I'm running a 87T spur and a 13T Pinion.

Thanks for any help.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM