Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

ohh boy
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2015, 06:52 PM   #27262
Rock Crawler

Default NIRC. Chit Chat

Tamiya spring broke too...I'm heating them next time.

Last edited by JHTreyIII; 03-18-2015 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #27263
Scale Detail Engineering

ouch
Old 03-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #27264
Rock Crawler

And now the dang springs are out of stock everywhere...ugh. I guess I'll try heating the RC4WD ones that came with it.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #27265
Scale Detail Engineering

Shoes to match Melons?
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2015, 06:02 AM   #27266
Quarry Creeper

Got my radar gun yesterday. It will be cool to see how fast some of my RC's actually are.
swezy207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #27267

ive done a few sets of the springs and never had one break. sry trey.

the colo thing... who knows. all i know is i got 2 more weeks at burnett and then i gotta figure shit out. ;)
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:39 AM   #27268
Rock Crawler

It ain't no thang but a chicken wang. I could feel the metal fatigue as I bent them. I went ahead and finished them off though and then when I was just moving the axle to see the flex one snapped. The drill press makes a quick job of them so it's not like it took me hours to do. We'll see how the torch affects the RC4WD springiness.

You should totally go to CO. That's where I want to retire some day. My family spent a lot of time there every year when I was young. We used to go there to fly fish a lot. They still go every year almost but I don't usually make it. CO Springs is nice, Denver is nice, we spent a lot of time in Lake City, South Fork, Gunnison and Crete. I'd really like to retire up there in one of those fancy log cabins. There are a lot of Texans in CO.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:42 AM   #27269

yeah im still feeling the colo thing but i just need to figure shit out here in the next couple months.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #27270
Scale Detail Engineering

I get auto notifications from a few job boards, there's a shit ton of graphic design jobs... not that you should take a step down but maybe something to hold ya over while you find what you're looking for.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #27271

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I get auto notifications from a few job boards, there's a shit ton of graphic design jobs... not that you should take a step down but maybe something to hold ya over while you find what you're looking for.
design is what i like to do. what i went to school for. i LOVE to put on the headphones and design, part of my frustations here is i dont get to do it anymore and have to work with a constant churn of newbs who take at least twice as long to direct as it would take me to just do it.

i'll focus on the search when im done here. i got enough savings to spend a few months just working on my book and whatnot. i also got alot of connections out there in colo as well as n carolina, i just need to have my book put together before i call in favors.

i didnt mean to come off like moving to colorado was out, the girl still likes the idea but after going out there she has areas she likes and areas she doesnt, she suggested staying here another year while we search for places.

i could totally live a year on savings. might just do that and be creative on something i like, which is little trucks.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #27272
Scale Detail Engineering

I hear ya.
Obtaining the Art Director title was a serious goal for me... I worked hard to get there and then after a year realized that I hated it.
I hated letting other people do my work, it left me feeling empty and depressed... It was a good learning experience though.
It allowed me to figure out I'm an "in the trenches" guy.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #27273
Scale Detail Engineering

Just got this email from The Onion, that's good for the ego.

Hello John,

I want to thank you for taking the time to apply to our graphics department. I'm greatly humbled by your interest in working with us.

Unfortunately, at this time we've decided to delay hiring someone for this position. However, I was very impressed by your work, and would love it if you could come in for an interview, if only to touch base about your interests in future opportunities or even the possibility of freelance work in the coming months.

Let me know if you are free sometime next week. Looking forward to meeting with you.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #27274

it makes me sound like an ass, but some designers are awesome and make me happy to show thier work, and others i can literally design circles around in a fraction of the time and i have to weave a complete line of bullshit in the presentations to make it seem like its good.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #27275
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Shoes to match Melons?
Do it!
swezy207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:14 PM   #27276

prettty cool. its gonna take a bit getting used to an actual heli radio...

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1426813947437.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  96.9 KB

and 13mm bearings for ricks rig, the baller dingo, and timmy and the scaleready. ;)

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1426813999372.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  96.8 KB
Old 03-19-2015, 07:19 PM   #27277
Scale Detail Engineering

baller
Old 03-19-2015, 08:36 PM   #27278

holy shitsnacks is that little quadracopter cool!!!

john and adam i know you both like the idea of helis since i sold you my old ones, and these things are where its at!

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1426818995372.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  95.7 KB
Old 03-20-2015, 06:15 AM   #27279

Quote:
Originally Posted by swezy207 View Post
Yea, you could definitely do that. I'm not sure but I think there are a bunch of stipulations with using a drone for commercial use. You have to take a pilot class and have insurance and all that I think. Something to look into.
The Gray area... is not so gray anymore. More rules and laws are getting posted by the FAA every day about UAV / Drone usage. They really cracked down on model aviation in general last summer. Most people didn't even know it but for awhile there, you were legally not even allowed to throw a paper airplane without contacting your local tower for permission first.

The other day as I was headed out of my CAD class at CLC- "College of Lake County" I saw a poster on the wall in the tech department for Private pilot license classes and UAV License classes. My jaw hit the floor when I saw that. I though it was pretty cool, but scary at the same time that their looking for UAV pilots at large of scale already. I already did ground schooling for my private license but discovered just after the class that I am diabetic. (Damn girl scout cookies) The FAA won't grant pilots licenses to diabetics. So much for that dream I do have a Flip FPV quad. I think I might go take the UAV class for fun and to see what its all about. Maybe I can get a license for that seeing that my feet stay on the ground.

Something to look into.
motorbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:17 AM   #27280

I'm planning on hitting the St. Louis G6 again this year. It was a blast last year. Is anybody else going?

Does anyone know were exactly it will be. No info other than a date has been posted yet.
motorbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame