Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > RC4WD Trail Finder 2

Notices

Thread: RC4WD 1/10 Trail Finder 2 Kit w/Mojave II Hard Body ( PROBLEMS )

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #181
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC4WD 1/10 Trail Finder 2 Kit w/Mojave II Hard Body ( PROBLEMS )

Why is it such a big problem to admit there are far more issues with this body/kit than the first gen seems that the only ones that keep denying the fact are team drivers and to have such a blatant poor attitude towards those pointing it out you wouldnt pay full price for a 1:1 with a dent in it so why the hell should this kit be any different sure you can fix the dent but why when your buying and paying for it new at full price?
scalemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #182
I wanna be Dave

Default RC4WD 1/10 Trail Finder 2 Kit w/Mojave II Hard Body ( PROBLEMS )

Edit, never mind. Carry on.

Last edited by pardonmyn00b; 11-16-2015 at 09:19 AM.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:21 AM   #183
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalemadness View Post
Why is it such a big problem to admit there are far more issues with this body/kit than the first gen seems that the only ones that keep denying the fact are team drivers and to have such a blatant poor attitude towards those pointing it out you wouldnt pay full price for a 1:1 with a dent in it so why the hell should this kit be any different sure you can fix the dent but why when your buying and paying for it new at full price?
Because there's nothing wrong with the body, that's why. Everything in this thread is user error or an expectation about how something should go together. Ultimately it comes down to inexperience. I hate to have to say that, but it's true.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #184
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
So did RC4WD admit there are issues with the body?

If so, are they going to fix it or keep selling blems at full price?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I have recieved on email from ryan i think that was his name
He told me theres a bit of a problem of the body fitting in perfectly
And their working on that problem
And then he goes one asking me if i have any problem fitting in the body
I told yeah but it was just minor and easy fixed thanx to those guys posted how to fixed the body
Then he said to just let him know if i have any more problems and his going to work with me

So im very much happy with rc4wd
I guess they keep track who buy their stuff
Or they habe seen my rant on the forums and decided to get in touch with me
Just to make sure everything is fine
That says a lot to me for a company checkin on you if you have a problem

Right now im also wanting that tf2 rtr
I want one of those
Hurry up rc4wd and give me my rtr
HARDRIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:08 PM   #185
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I left a certain other forum lol because threads about the poor quality of this body kept vanishing why and how can anyone blame an obvious manufacturing flaw as the customers fault
I dont see any post ablut rc4wd blaming the buyers for the body
Ryan emailed me he admitted theres a flaw on the body and he asked me if i had a problem with it
I told yes there was but i managed to fixed it
Its an easy fixed

What i dont understand is why make so much of a big deal of it
No one is forcing you to buy it
You dont like it get a lexan
Old 11-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #186
Quarry Creeper

Alright then you must not have read the posts on here first time I've ever met someone who likes being made to sound like an idiot read the last couple of pages it stated there are no problems with this kit the blame for poor fit is put on you the builder read and understand before making a reply
Old 11-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #187
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
You need to go back to post #1.

The OP looked at other people's build pictures and deduced that the tail lights were wrong before he even had a kit in hand. Then he proceeded to install them upside down and complain about fitment. Then something about body fitment issues, but that must have resolved itself because that never came up again. Those are the only reasons this thread had the word "PROBLEMS" in the title. There's more user error than anything else in this thread. No disrespect intended, but sometimes what's perceived as a problem is actually nothing at all. Sometimes a kit can get away from you and with some simple prep and research, a lot of this might have been avoided.

This is not in defence of Rc4WD, or their manufacturing, it's simple fact. I can't tell you how many bodies I've built, from Rc4WD to Tamiya - they all require a bit of finesse.

HAHAHHAHAH
Thats me i did appologised for that one didnt i
See this is my second tf2
I got over confident instaling everything
You can say its stupid on my part
Yes i admit it was my own wrong doing that i put problem on the tittle
But hey look at my thread now theres lots of comments hahah

But honestly i should really apoligised for the tittle and to rc4wd
I really like my tf2 kit
Would i buy another knowing theres a flaw with the body
HELL YES easy fixed
I want one more tf2 but ill go for the rtr this time
I dont care of its with the body flaw i want another tf2
Old 11-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #188
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Because there's nothing wrong with the body, that's why. Everything in this thread is user error or an expectation about how something should go together. Ultimately it comes down to inexperience. I hate to have to say that, but it's true.

Ok now now not that inexprenced but over to confident
Like i said it is my second tf2
Well maybe both
Old 11-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #189
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Because i would rather fixed this flaws than playing with plastic rc
Tf2 is the clossest to the real thing to me
And its worth it for me
Its not like i cant get any body for it
Old 11-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #190
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Alright then you must not have read the posts on here first time I've ever met someone who likes being made to sound like an idiot read the last couple of pages it stated there are no problems with this kit the blame for poor fit is put on you the builder read and understand before making a reply
Take it from me or not
Heres an honest answer
Im not affialiated with rc4wd or anyone
I buy my own so i can say what ever i want with the things i buy
And also i do not trust those with build blogs
I think they supposed to say nice things about that thing their building

So here my dilema with the body
Or should i say was
At the bottm part of the body have to much curved
Nothing is really wrong with the body
All i had to do is widen the bottom part of the body and nothing more

The lights nothing wrong with it
I had it on the wrong way as some stated
When i installed the tail lights the right way
It potrude a bit on the side
So what i did widen the back a little so they will align none of that potruding part of the lense
Which is similar to the older tf2

So he is right there is nothing wrong with the body
I think its when they mold the body
Or they removed it from the mold to fast and when it hardened it curved a bit more

Can i changed the tittle of this thread lol
Its misleading now i think
Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #191
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardonmyn00b View Post
A lot of these "PROBLEMS" are user errors
Must you keep saying that hahahahha

I dont know which is more funny
User error
Or the part where im admitting its my error
Old 11-16-2015, 02:38 PM   #192
Rock Crawler

And here it is
Proud owner

Still dont know what to do with that shaved grill

Side markers are flashed with the body
Seems like lots of missing lenses on the trails
I dont like that so no more problems with those missing lenses
I didnt color the lenses or any of my lenses
Since those led's are already colored

Like i said i widen the back just a bit so the tail lights doesnt potrude like the older tf2

The glue i have used melted the body lol
I dont know what glue was that so i used tamiya pty

I want to change the tranny i want to get the r3 tranny single speed
Less moving parts is what i like best
Old 11-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #193
I wanna be Dave

Hats off to you, HARDDRIVE. Your build is coming along great. You've also shown that, even for a person with very little (or no?) prior styrene experience, a few small fit "issues" are no reason to shy away from this or any hardbody build.

Setting the record straight for others, there are a grand total of three fit "issues" that have popped up in the early production examples (front fenders around the grill, bottom edges of cab at body mount posts, and around the taillights). All are purely cosmetic, none prevent assembly in any way, and all can be resolved completely without special tools in barely more time than it takes to trim a lexan body. HARDDRIVE did it with a lighter, a couple of scraps of styrene, and some sandpaper, as he's shown in this thread. I did it with a $20 heat gun (a hair dryer would have worked just as well) and provided step-by-step pix and instructions in my thread. In fact, even taking this little bit of extra work into account, the new Mojave 2 has required significantly LESS pre-paint prep than any of the other hard bodies I've purchased.

I've yet to find a flawless kit in this hobby. Wraith and SCX-10 plastic tranny gears (not to mention plastic knuckles/chubs) often can't make it through a full pack, SCX-10 chassis cross-member kills suspension travel, Ascender pistons don't allow enough oil to pass without modification, CR-01 steering is laughably bad unless you go 4WS, Sand Scorcher steering is even worse and body has very pronounced body mold lines...the list could go on. So taken in context, the Mojave 2 body fit "issues" fall very comfortably within the normal range for our hobby. I choose not to let the eccentricities of any of the kits, whether from RC4WD or other manufacturers, keep me from enjoying my builds. If anything, I find that working through them is half the fun.

It's also worth remembering that it's not at all uncommon for early production runs to have a few more issues than normal. The two biggest releases in the past couple of years (Yeti and Ascender) had much bigger issues in the early production examples than the TF2's very easily fixed body fit issues (hex hubs on the Yeti, pinions and drive shafts on the Ascender). In the case of the Ascender, it took months for Vaterra to have a somewhat steady supply of replacement parts, and there weren't any aftermarket options for a while. I ordered my Ascender as soon as the HD pinions and driveshafts were available but before Vaterra started shipping them with the kits. Sure...I was out about $25 that I wouldn't have had to spend if I waited another month or two, but it's far from the end of the world. Builders and/or aftermarket vendors figure out solutions, and the manufacturers usually end up fixing the problems at some point.

If the three areas where the Mojave 2 fit can be improved are enough to bother you and you have either already bought the kit or are considering one, they are very easy to fix. But don't take my word for it (since I'm apparently biased)...just ask HARDDRIVE. And if you haven't bought the kit and just feel like venting about the injustice of it all, that's all well and good, too. We'll continue to enjoy our tiny truck hobby just the same.

Last edited by new2rocks; 11-16-2015 at 08:03 PM.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #194
Quarry Creeper

New2rocks would you pay $60,000 sticker price for a brand new truck with a big dent in the fender? I don't think so unless your an idiot this is no different perhaps a slightly lower price on a flawed product is a solution until new units with the flaws are corrected are released. Now you can carry on and on about how easy it is to fix if thats the case i guess you would pay the sticker price when the salesman tells you its an easy fix point is no fix should be needed yes problems down the line occur that are unforeseen these are blatantly visible! Now go buy yourself that new pickup with the huge dent at the full sticker price because its a easy fix. That simple
Old 11-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #195
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
New2rocks would you pay $60,000 sticker price for a brand new truck with a big dent in the fender? I don't think so unless your an idiot this is no different perhaps a slightly lower price on a flawed product is a solution until new units with the flaws are corrected are released. Now you can carry on and on about how easy it is to fix if thats the case i guess you would pay the sticker price when the salesman tells you its an easy fix point is no fix should be needed yes problems down the line occur that are unforeseen these are blatantly visible! Now go buy yourself that new pickup with the huge dent at the full sticker price because its a easy fix. That simple
Even simpler solution for you scalemadness , you don't like the truck don't buy it .
sb4pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:24 AM   #196
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb4pro View Post
Even simpler solution for you scalemadness , you don't like the truck don't buy it .
Wahahahahh
My thread is turning in to a joke
But its true you have a problem with it then dont buy it
Thats really funny

My poor d11 is now collecting dust :(
Theres so many thing i want to get
I dont end up finishing any of them
I promised my self tf2 rtf will be the last rc i buy
I have to many already
Old 11-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #197
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I love your example. $60,000 truck and a $400 toy. Great comparison.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #198
Rock Crawler

Default RC4WD 1/10 Trail Finder 2 Kit w/Mojave II Hard Body ( PROBLEMS )

Three small (easily fixed) issues in the body is nothing like a dent in a fender.

The guys bitching should just stick with stock New Bright RCs. Half the fun is building these trucks and tweaking them. If ya can't deal with these "issues" you're in the wrong hobby.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #199
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I fail to see how this is like a $60k truck with a dent, if anything its more like a desk from Ikea. It will function perfectly fine if you build it as the instructions tell you but if you want better fit and finish then be prepared to do some extra work. The quality of the assembly is entirely up to you and if that isn't something you want to do, Axial will sell you a lovely silver Jeep for the same price.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #200
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
Three small (easily fixed) issues in the body is nothing like a dent in a fender.

The guys bitching should just stick with stock New Bright RCs. Half the fun is building these trucks and tweaking them. If ya can't deal with these "issues" you're in the wrong hobby.
Someone told me the samething when i was building my d110
At first i didnt believe it but its true i had fun putting it all together
Specially when i have a new upgrade parts coming in cant wait to put it on

RC4WD 1/10 Trail Finder 2 Kit w/Mojave II Hard Body ( PROBLEMS ) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Mojave Body Set For Trail Finder 2 (Camo style) rustneversleeps RC4WD Trail Finder 2 5 09-04-2015 03:58 PM
RC4WD Complete Mojave Body Set for Trail Finder 2 in both Yellow and White. Rckcrwlr General Scale Talk 9 06-10-2012 09:08 PM