Notices

Thread: 2014 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #201
Looking for new Trails

Default Re: 2014 scale rules discussion or question thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
There is still plenty of stock and mod classes around the world man. You just gotta look for it.
England, Europe, Aussie, Russia, and yes even the grand old USA.
Problem is with this new age Media thing going on, 99% of what you see on YouTube, FaceBook, ect is all the high end rigs, custom buggies, and blank check drivers.
Heck man - good look at the EMC at KOH.... You do realize there was more than one fully leaf sprung, beat to hell, full bodied rigs out there. Because the rules call for just that.
My point is grass roots is still alive and kicking, each style of Motorsport has it's rules and style of rig, and it's all about the fun of driving.

LOL yes there are plenty of stock level class (entry level) events in every part of motorsports I understand that and see it..

and your right most of what people see are the bad boy high end rigs running.

but this is a RC rig and it supposed to be fun, I am always trying to get more people and new people involved and that is the FISRT thing brought up is that rule why back up in a scale event, that is way I ask.... and most of the time they will buy a rig and get very involved in the build part and fun back yard style events but will never do a computation style event because of the rules...

and I understand that each group can base there events of the rule and use them to fit there needs but that does not help every one that wants to follow the rule and run at the next level of events...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #202
Looking for new Trails

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Ok, after some discussion with the committee this could be legal based on all other rules for the classes. The one hang up at first was the drop tranny mount, but it is not outlined in the rules. So as long as the vehicle meets all other class rules it could potentially fit in any class.

Hope that helps.
just asking before this goes to fare and there's a problem don't shoot me..LOL

you can not DROP the tranny mount with out the support of TVP

General Vehicle Details • You are encouraged to go above and beyond.

•You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...).
No TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis' or frame rail extensions on a TVPs. Tub chassis' are allowed, but chassis must be covered by the body and follow all other scale rules per class guidelines. An example of a tub chassis vehicle is CC-01, DF01, Twin Hammers, etc.

Wheel king
Ax-10
Deadbolt

are all TVP but also can be modified to looked and run like a Mega Truck if it's welded or bolted together there the same....
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

A reverse is only 1 point!

I'll use that old saying you've heard a million times. You gotta start somewhere, if the courses were easy enough that a stock Honcho could drive through it without penalty......we'd all get bored REALLY quickly.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #204
Rock Crawler

IMO reverse penalties are needed to keep the comp moving if not someone would try to make it up the same face nine million times cuz reverses are free ,while stalling the comp , instead of winching up. I would also say course set up comes onto play in our comps we usually have a an "outside the box" way to get out of using reverses . Like an open area to one side of the gate that you can turn around.

Last edited by 801RYAN; 02-17-2014 at 02:31 PM.
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #205
I wanna be Dave

Bingo! That too.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #206
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
A reverse is only 1 point!

I'll use that old saying you've heard a million times. You gotta start somewhere, if the courses were easy enough that a stock Honcho could drive through it without penalty......we'd all get bored REALLY quickly.

1 point 10 points, inch or mile.. it is what it is still..

Ive seen some pretty sick course setups and plenty of stock scale trucks run them without major issue (most of the time) and i have a built to the hilt rig and have as much fun as anyone else. Hell i could drive flat ground through the trails were i live and have a friggin blast but i guess thats where we would differ. When you "comp" as much as you do i guess the "normal" course would get boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801RYAN View Post
IMO reverse penalties are needed to keep the comp moving if not someone would try to make it up the same face nine million times cuz reverses are free ,while stalling the comp , instead of winching up. I would also say course set up comes onto play in our comps we usually have a an "outside the box" way to get out of using reverses . Like an open area to one side of the gate that you can turn around.
Not with my experience with scale comps.. everyone has a try it 1-3 times and winch attitude with most being a 1 time then winch.

Can we expect all national and next level events to provide plenty of space between gates and whatnot to be able to turn around without having to use reverse and be penalized, i would have to doubt that very highly.

OR maybe when we setup our course here we set it up to hard, reverse is almost a must on the course, many times but the challenge is superior to any that i have seen but at the same time it is all do-able, even with a stock rig.

Either way im prepairing for the RC4WD East Coast BadA$$ness that is coming and will adhere to the rules fully, just wanted to figure out this reverse shenanigans. Just hoping the course will be non-reverse friendly .

Last edited by RebelRacer; 02-17-2014 at 03:18 PM.
RebelRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #207
RCC Addict

A lot of comps have been won or lost on reverse points. A penalty for reversing makes the driver think ahead about his/her approach and the driver that knows his/her truck's capabilities will benefit the most. I think it's a good rule...certainly not "shenanigans".
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #208
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post
1 point 10 points, inch or mile.. it is what it is still..

Ive seen some pretty sick course setups and plenty of stock scale trucks run them without major issue (most of the time) and i have a built to the hilt rig and have as much fun as anyone else. Hell i could drive flat ground through the trails were i live and have a friggin blast but i guess thats where we would differ. When you "comp" as much as you do i guess the "normal" course would get boring.
SORRCA is for scale competitions so I guess I'm not sure what you're getting at. It's supposed to test your driving skills and separate the better drivers that know what their rigs are capable of. I suppose we can make all of our courses flat with wide gates and huge sweeping turns so EVERYONE can drive them without a reverse. Maybe we can just give everyone a medal for participating so no one feels left out too. Everyone gets first place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelRacer View Post

Not with my experience with scale comps.. everyone has a try it 1-3 times and winch attitude with most being a 1 time then winch.

Can we expect all national and next level events to provide plenty of space between gates and whatnot to be able to turn around without having to use reverse and be penalized, i would have to doubt that very highly.

OR maybe when we setup our course here we set it up to hard, reverse is almost a must on the course, many times but the challenge is superior to any that i have seen but at the same time it is all do-able, even with a stock rig.

Either way im prepairing for the RC4WD East Coast BadA$$ness that is coming and will adhere to the rules fully, just wanted to figure out this reverse shenanigans. Just hoping the course will be non-reverse friendly .
You better get ready for some reverses at the ECSC, it's not going to be easy. It wasn't easy last year and I don't expect it to change. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #209
Rock Crawler

Ok I got a serious question here. We are having a tire conflict discussion for our club comp. We have conflicting measurement issues stated direct from the manufacturer of many companies of different tires. The one of most concern at the moment being Pro-line TSL- SX Super Swamped XL. The factory states the size as 4.75 inch but also 121 millimeter. If you do the math at 121 millimeter it actually works out to be 4.7638 so the problem is we will have some argue it's legal and some argue that it is not. So my question is what would you guys do ( warpig / double J ) ? Should we just state to run them at your own risk and we will measure during tech at the comp ? Or do you guys have a better alternative ?
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #210
I wanna be Dave

Last I checked Ohio is on the USA and we use the legacy (standard) unit of measures so 4.75 it is
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:48 PM   #211
Rock Crawler

The sticky widget wasn't the proline so much as it was the rc4wd 1.9 bogger which is listed as 4.79" and 121mm BUT listed as 4.7" everywhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Both of those tires are legal in Class 2. Lets not make it any more difficult than we need to guys
Old 02-21-2014, 09:52 PM   #213
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Both of those tires are legal in Class 2. Lets not make it any more difficult than we need to guys

I appreciate it, thanks for the rapid response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sgtbham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #214
Rock Crawler

I totally agree ! Just wanted to confirm with the Pro's ! Thank you guys !
ngward79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:01 AM   #215
I wanna be Dave

Off subject....

At least RC4wd is better than interco at making tires... With 1.1 swampers the size can vary a couple inches over or under the listed size.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #216
RCC Addict

Are tube doors legal in class 1?
joeyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #217
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyf View Post
Are tube doors legal in class 1?
That would be fine, I would just treat it the same way as you would the topless guidelines.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #218
Rock Crawler

Are truggies allowed in class 3?
jeepscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:30 AM   #219
I wanna be Dave

Yes
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #220

Have a Question I'm going to be signing up for the east coast challenge when it comes up and my brother witch is very new a the scale thing and would to do it as well. My rigs are not stock but his is pure out of the box ax10 deadbolt, can he run that?* If so what if any mods does he need to do?* Thanks. Happy scaling.
boogz is offline   Reply With Quote

2014 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM
2014 Crawling GTG's and (NON-2014 MIRCA) Event Discussion 95geo Michigan 5 02-23-2014 05:06 PM
2014 SORRCA Scale rules doublej Scale Comp Rules 3 01-03-2014 01:09 PM