Notices

Thread: 2014 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 07:51 PM   #681
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2014 scale rules discussion or question thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick.johnston View Post
So I know this is a no. But I have to ask outta curiosity. Isn't "dig" (which locks the rear wheels) kinda like a E-brake which is stock on every vehicle? And if so why isn't it allowed in class 1 and 2?

(Remeber I am just asking a question)

And if dig is different than the emergency brake please explain how?
Thanks
An emergency brake locks the rear wheels. A dig disengages power to the rear wheels and makes it front wheel drive. It doesn't always lock up the rear wheels.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2015, 05:53 AM   #682
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
An emergency brake locks the rear wheels. A dig disengages power to the rear wheels and makes it front wheel drive. It doesn't always lock up the rear wheels.
Not entirely accurate.

I had a 1984 Saab 900 Combi Coupe and it had the e-brake act on the front wheels only.
I have driven several lorries (commercial trucks) that had the e-brake act on all wheels.
My 1994 Land Rover Defender has the e-brake on the rear propshaft. As it has a central diff I can use the e-brake as a dig. Doesn't work on high grip terrain though.
For offroad use there are also turning brakes that act only on one of the rear wheels, and help turning that way. Just like an old 2wd tractor. I have also seen vehicles which have the turning brake act on both wheels on the same side.

Would a turning brake system be legal in c1 or c2? It doesn't disconnect the drive just needs an open diff to work.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:33 AM   #683
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
Not entirely accurate.

I had a 1984 Saab 900 Combi Coupe and it had the e-brake act on the front wheels only.
I have driven several lorries (commercial trucks) that had the e-brake act on all wheels.
My 1994 Land Rover Defender has the e-brake on the rear propshaft. As it has a central diff I can use the e-brake as a dig. Doesn't work on high grip terrain though.
For offroad use there are also turning brakes that act only on one of the rear wheels, and help turning that way. Just like an old 2wd tractor. I have also seen vehicles which have the turning brake act on both wheels on the same side.

Would a turning brake system be legal in c1 or c2? It doesn't disconnect the drive just needs an open diff to work.
THat would be pretty darn scale if you could make it work haha.
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote

2014 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM
2014 Crawling GTG's and (NON-2014 MIRCA) Event Discussion 95geo Michigan 5 02-23-2014 05:06 PM
2014 SORRCA Scale rules doublej Scale Comp Rules 3 01-03-2014 01:09 PM