Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market

Notices

Thread: Official VF/DNA/BWD Customer Service/Feedback Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #481
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEzel View Post
Lol. We dont want to compare apples to oranges do we ?

If i had a 1:1 rig. And i had a 500hp Big block, Th400, Atlas II, High angle driveline's, and Dana 70/80 or 2.5 Rockwells.. Then yes i would expect nothing to break. Granted over time parts fail, Agreed. But your damn straight i would beat the living snot out of it if i had those parts.

Agreed! I bought DNA for the name and reputation, If i wanted cheap i would of made one or bought a HR dig.

We are going to proto some steel internal this coming week.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #482
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
True to Solomons pleadge to stand behind their parts, I recieved another rear outdrive to replace the last 2 defective/damaged ones.

The new one arrived in the same FLAT PARCEL shipping envelope that the last damaged part arrived in. This part had a minor ding on the side of it, but it didn't seem to effect the part. I had told DNA that both of the outdrives were bad, but I only got a rear one, so I reused the stock AX-10 part for the front drive. The outdrives spin nicely and finally don't wobble, but as soon as I install the dig cover and the rest of the parts, I have a binding issue.

I used my highly calibrated dyno-finger to spin the spur gear. When the dig is in the rear locked position, the spur gear spins freely. When I engage the 4wd position, I can feel that it takes at least 3X the effort to spin the spur gear, and I can feel the amount of resistance change every 1/2 revolution, like there is an internal bind.

Am I missing something with the set up? I'm not using any type of white grease, as I don't want any 'stick-tion' within the unit. I used a graphite spray which goes on dry and will not attract dust or moisture.

I am really at a loss, and my patience is almost gone. I didn't spend almost $100 for a dig unit and servo ( which cooked within 15 seconds because of the binding) to have to re-engineer it and tweek it to get it to work satisfactory.

I want to call RPP and arrange for a return/refund, but I feel bad about sticking Corey with a bad part that he had nothing to do with, besides being a vendor for the product.

Any ideas on what to look for that can be causing the internal binding? The tranny was a 1 season old case with brand new bearings and gears before I installed the dig unit.
You do not have to feel bad at all on my part, If you are to the point that you would like to return and get a refund, I would be glad to do that for you
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #483
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
You do not have to feel bad at all on my part, If you are to the point that you would like to return and get a refund, I would be glad to do that for you
Will work with you on what ever they decide ..
Solomon
Old 01-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #484
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210solomon007 View Post
Will work with you on what ever they decide ..
Solomon
Thanks Solomon, I know you guys are there to support me and these guys the best you can
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #485
Quarry Creeper

I sent an email yesterday....

No reply...

I would like to replace all the parts in my dig, with this dig fork its not happening...and it sits.
hessian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #486
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
Thanks Solomon, I know you guys are there to support me and these guys the best you can
Thanks to both Solomon and Corey, I really appreciate the support. I'm going to have one more go at it before I call RPP, I have an idea that might shine some light on the binding issue, I hate being beat by a simple machine.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 AM   #487
I wanna be Dave

I would like to buy a DIG unit and have it rushed here so I can have it ready for a comp this saturday. I have been seeing more than a few people with crooked or uneven parts with their digs. How can I be sure that my DIG (from whoever I purchased it from) will be able to work right? Or is the number of people that need replacement parts so soon smaller than it actually seems?
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #488
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
I would like to buy a DIG unit and have it rushed here so I can have it ready for a comp this saturday. I have been seeing more than a few people with crooked or uneven parts with their digs. How can I be sure that my DIG (from whoever I purchased it from) will be able to work right? Or is the number of people that need replacement parts so soon smaller than it actually seems?
Well seeing that it is the smae people that we are working with to solve these issues, and we ship to distribuors 100's of dig's this is a small number. However we are always working to improve QA and learn from these parts and people.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #489
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well seeing that it is the smae people that we are working with to solve these issues, and we ship to distribuors 100's of dig's this is a small number. However we are always working to improve QA and learn from these parts and people.

That makes sense. Thanks Solomon
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #490
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I can honestly say that the support has been top notch from DNA and RPP Hobby. There is nothing that could have been done any better in terms of customer support from DNA. They sent replacement parts out right away without any hesitation. I'm just stumped at the binding issue with this peticular unit. The fact that DNA and RPP are willing to let me return it because of the issues will make me purchase from DNA again, once they get the steel internals into production, I will definatley look at their dig unit again.

Within my RC club we have at least 5 people running DNA digs without any issues at all, so I just got unlucky with the unit that I got.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:41 PM   #491
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I can honestly say that the support has been top notch from DNA and RPP Hobby. There is nothing that could have been done any better in terms of customer support from DNA. They sent replacement parts out right away without any hesitation. I'm just stumped at the binding issue with this peticular unit. The fact that DNA and RPP are willing to let me return it because of the issues will make me purchase from DNA again, once they get the steel internals into production, I will definatley look at their dig unit again.

Within my RC club we have at least 5 people running DNA digs without any issues at all, so I just got unlucky with the unit that I got.
Yes sir. RPP and DNA are awsome to deal with. Corey and Solomon are a couple of class acts. I think you have a great aditude about your situation as well. Alot of guys would just say forget it and never give them another chance. I own 2 of there digs and they both work flawlessly. to all three of you.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #492
Quarry Creeper

I re-read the email....

I will be contacting you again soon..

Thanks.

Last edited by hessian18; 01-19-2009 at 07:57 PM.
hessian18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #493
RCC Addict

Quote:

We will help you out any way we can. Thanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hessian18 View Post
I re-read the email....

I will be contacting you again soon..

Thanks.
No problem...
Old 01-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #494
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
That makes sense. Thanks Solomon
i would not hesitate to buy a DNA dig ever . its the smoothest most consitent dig around imho. set up is important .not overtightening the mounting screws , seting end point and such but once dialed in ,they are incredible .
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:22 PM   #495
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

sweet! I would love to have a set before I go to a puller and 3c.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #496
RCC Addict

Hehehe... I cant wait for these steel internals.

So far everythings OK on the aluminum ones. I am getting some slop already (1 comp) But everythings working smooth as of Now (Knock on wood)

Cant wait so i can ease my mind..

Cant wait for my assasins to come in either
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #497
Rock Crawler

Quote:

great news!!!!!!!
thanx for getting that in motion so fast
lets make DNA the most bulletproof dig you can buy
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:59 AM   #498
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiEzel View Post
Hehehe... I cant wait for these steel internals.

So far everythings OK on the aluminum ones. I am getting some slop already (1 comp) But everythings working smooth as of Now (Knock on wood)

Cant wait so i can ease my mind..

Cant wait for my assasins to come in either
what are thos in this pic then?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #499
RCC Addict

Oh those would be my 1.9 assasins...

Nothin like to matching bad ass rigs. Both 1.9 and 2.2
DiEzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #500
Rock Crawler

Question

Originally Posted by WarTrader
OK ONE MORE TIME!! I have a DNA mini SS Chassis. The skidplate broke at the front lower link-chassis mount and I have a stress crack on the rear both same side torque side! No I've not had any hits at all on this thing yet.. Now as I have stated in my PM's, posts and Emails I have the thing CA'd back together but it is looking like it may let go again soon!

I need a replacement, If I have to pay for it fine. But I need it. Now I posted here three times, first I was told to email customer service done... aparently no response. posted second time to see what was going on completely ignored. Third time you told me you'd get with me within the hour three hours later you pm'd asking what kit I had I told you, you responded with the date that I recieved my chassis!

Now I'm really starting to sound like a raving @#$%^&* but I would like to get a new skid plate for my MINI SS.

Quote:
Will get you one out today. Sorry for the confusion. This on will be a delrin skid.
Umm this all happened on the 14th of Jan I was just wondering if this has shipped? I've recieved no notification that hit has. Sorry to be a pest but I've had to CA my skidplate together again and it is trying to let go.

I have also PM'd
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote