Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 08:49 AM   #561
Rock Crawler

Actually, Venom has GREAT customer support. Put yourself in this guys shoes. Why would you justify repeated emailing back and forth arguing over the base servo? What doe sthis guy want out of it? Venom to buy him a 7955? Come on guys, There is no way ANY company can offer a top of the line truck at this price. If you honestly thought you were getting some monster servo and ripping ass truck for $150 your out of your gord and OBVIOUSLY haven't spent any time reading on here or done your research on what these trucks come with on rtr vehicles.

Back to venom's GREAT customer support, If you have spent anytime reading on here at all you'd notice that these guys are dropping what they are doing to send you replacement parts. At ZERO cost to you on a vehicle that does NOT have a warranty. Lets see how fast the allmighty Axial company will send you out some replacement cvd's? HA FAT CHANCE!.

I agree their trans is not the greatest, BUT it does do what the vehicle was intended for. It gets noobs into crawling and they can learn the ropes and basics of vehicle maintnence and performance. Then when they are ready to step up from the $150 venom to a $1000 Berg/Bully build they will have somewhat an idea on what they are doing.

I worked with Venom last year for the iHobby show. It went awesome! I hope I'll have that opprotunity again this year too

So to VENOM, Keep doing what your doing! Most of us appreciate the work that you put into keeping your customers happy.

For the record, TomEGunn. Just because you think motorcycles and boats are "lame a$$" doesn't mean a company sucks. Ask traxxas how much they suck because they have been making and selling "lame a$$" boats for years.
Also the very succesfull company Aquacraft Has made a fortune selling boats. The bikes are relatively new but I've had my hands on the venom bike and I want one.

I WILL NOT justify arguing with anybody over anything I have stated. This is my personal opinion, but I'm sure it is shared by many. If you don't like it, oh well go spend 3 times as much money on a berg or bully and STILL break so I can laugh at you when I beat you in points with venom axles lol.
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #562
Quarry Creeper

I have to agree with Addictedtonitro. Just like full-size crawlin', sometimes stock gets it done, and sometimes ya got research the available upgrades and decide if the cost is worth the improved performance. I know, I know, Venom recommends that servo. Well, I'd bet Venom also recommends Ridgeline tires, but if you really want your Creeper to work, you probably have Panther or Rover tires on it by now. Just my $.02, so you don't have to agree with it!
crwlnCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #563
Pebble Pounder

Default We are still here!

hey guys,
I appologize for the lack of attention on this forum Ive been away and traveling quite a bit for work. We do still pay attention to the forums and keep an eye out for things so just know wew are not far and if you need help with a product you can reach our customer service department anytime. We just hired a new member to CS team actually so we have more staff now to take your calls and emails.

As many of you have seen by now we have just announced 6 new products at the Toy Fair in Germany in February. That effort has taken some attention away from the forum support.

Regarding the high torque servo and the Creeper. The servo is specified for the weight of the truck ready to run so approximately 5lbs. The servo torque is about 5.6lbs. In my personal testing plus some of the staff here will say the same thing we have used this servo in the Creeper and had positive experiences for general use applications.
As you become more familiar with crawing and your interest grows, like anything else, you will find and discover what you need for your vehicle as you push things furhter than before.

The comment was made about tires and that we would tell you the Ridgeline is the best...well no and we dont. Not one tire is the best for all conditions and applications, impossible. What I will tell you is that if you intend to persue any racing or competitive activity like crawling you need to try pretty much everything and have on hand a variety of things like tires in case you can have a competitive advantage. If that happens to be a Ridgeline tire then so be it, cool!

Than being said have you guys tried the Switchback comp tire yet?

Anyway, sorry for the lapse, I'll be checking in more often to see if I can help.

Chris
Venom Racing R&D
CRAWLINGAROUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #564

Smile venom

I have been I'm the creeper biz for just about a month, I could have purchased anything from anyone. I did a lot of research and I feel I made a great choice, I have already used Venoms awesome customer service a few times during my build. I have never been into rc before let alone build one even from a kit! These guys rock (no pun intended) and the the fact I have seen Chris on here,probably on his personal off time taking time to assist and help others out says a lot about the company and a helluva lot about his personal integrity. Everything is prone to +mechanical failure and breakage-just read a 4x4 rag stuff breaks. Chris,KUDOS TO YOU AND VENOM FOR AN AWESOME RIG AND A GREAT COMPANY!
Bad Karma Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #565
Pebble Pounder

Default tip on new hop up diff cases

first i would like to congratulate the venom Corporation for giving us such an awsome and reasonably priced creeper( in fact all their products GPV1 sooomuch fun)

but here is a tip for the venom design team: the metal diff cases work like a treat, lockers work well and all BUT the diff Ring Gear doesn't when used with the metal cases, i've broken two diff ring gears since i think it needs to have all 8 hole tapped like the stock plastic cases as the gear bends and shears where the holes where the 4 screws hold the diff ring gear to the diff casing, i think i will try tapping the remaining holes in the cases my self and see if the problems go away, just a thought to help you guys make an awsome product the BEST product

BTW awesome products from venom best Crawler for the money EASY keep it up
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #566
RCC Addict

man some people are so cranky if you don't like something do you have to attempt to drag there name through the mud , not everybody can afford to go buy a berg/bully and then go get all of the other equipment to put on it , also from what i have experienced first hand venom's customer service is excellent . as far as the servo come on what do you want for $23 it has less than 100oz of torque . i am fairly new to the crawling world but last time i checked any crawler you buy has to have mods done to become a better crawler so why would the creeper be any different ?
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #567

The creeper I have for my son sits on the shelf most of the time. I had a bitch of a time waiting on parts from Venom that i finally sourced locally from another company. Wheeled it on the couch a couple of time and the drive shafts fell out of it. Then wheeled it once outside to have an axle pin fall out and destroy the knuckle. The lockers only stay locked if I reef down on the locking screw. For shits and giggles I installed the remote locker for the front tonight (which i doubt is really going to work) only to find out the LCD on the VR3T Radio isn't working. Took it apart to find the cable to the LCD has come off at the screen.

If i legitimately broke it wheeling so be it, but this thing breaks at the drop of a hat. What a waste of money.
dhoffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoffryn View Post
The creeper I have for my son sits on the shelf most of the time. I had a bitch of a time waiting on parts from Venom that i finally sourced locally from another company. Wheeled it on the couch a couple of time and the drive shafts fell out of it. Then wheeled it once outside to have an axle pin fall out and destroy the knuckle. The lockers only stay locked if I reef down on the locking screw. For shits and giggles I installed the remote locker for the front tonight (which i doubt is really going to work) only to find out the LCD on the VR3T Radio isn't working. Took it apart to find the cable to the LCD has come off at the screen.

If i legitimately broke it wheeling so be it, but this thing breaks at the drop of a hat. What a waste of money.
Minor stuff really. I had all the same problems and figured them out on my own within minutes of the first pin falling out. Once you get the pins stuffed with grubs on each side and learn to use the thread lock right, you'll be happy. My buddies with Axials didn't have any problems for the first 10 outings - now everything is falling apart. It's the name of the game.
bradkanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #569

Default i am a neebie to the whole basher crawler

I Built my venom no problems. I ordered #2 lock outs and the dig kit. I read all the pros and cons then before making the ckrc suspension Instalation I bought aluminum Integy drive shafts. To sum it up i used my creeper stock for two months beat it okay then took another two three months puting on all the other after market stuff. never had broke anything until I put a novack goat brushlesh motor with all the whiz bang stuff 18.5 turn motor .It has been snap crackle pop sinse then. during the waiting for parts I bougt a axial scorpion crawler and you break stuff customer service gives you price quoate so I know enough to say I got all hec of aGREAT CRAWLER for the price 175 venom verses a 300 dollar axial you put what ever electronics you want for another 300 dollars hec i even got a top of the hill venom charger when I bought my venom crawler. that thing I believe is smarter than me so if it breaks buy better or use the old noodle and build somthing better and stronger.
pero824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #570
RCC Addict

I don't care what any one says but the venom is awesome for the price and the customerservice rocks. You can mod it slightly with stuff from around the house to make it a contender in competitions. I ran my first comp with it and did very well for a new bie. In fact my venom preformed as well as $1000 rigs for half the cost. Plus I pitched and idea to venom about a bodiless comp chassie and they listened. That says volumes about their desire to please their customer base. I don't know if they will use the idea note do I care but I was impressed that they are really listening. As for the problems the venom had out of the box, I'm finding that no mater what rig you get there's always an issue, usualy due to in expierence of the builder or bad design. So run it break it and make it better. That's the nature of this hobby. My venom will beat a berg or bully at my next competition just to prove my point.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #571
I wanna be Dave

Whats the word on part availability? Everywhere I look it says MID JUNE?! even on Venom's site........
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 AM   #572
Pebble Pounder

Talked to them yesterday about parts I have been waiting on since feburary..... Looks like sometime in June they should be restocked.
catzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #573

Greetings would you be interested in selling this crawler I would be interested. p.m. me carlos garcia texas area
Old 06-30-2010, 09:10 PM   #574
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
whats the word on part availability? Everywhere i look it says mid june?! Even on venom's site........
^^^^^^^^^^
???????????????
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:41 AM   #575
Rock Crawler

$1000 berg/bully I have already put $1000 into my creeper it all works the same my friend has a bully and my creeper keeps up if not even better. venom is the sh*t and they made a awsome rig at a great price( not including all the after market parts) good job venom
jojo303d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #576

Default Can not make everybody like a great deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo303d View Post
$1000 berg/bully I have already put $1000 into my creeper it all works the same my friend has a bully and my creeper keeps up if not even better. venom is the sh*t and they made a awsome rig at a great price( not including all the after market parts) good job venom
Your right the product is great to start crawling or compete regardless some folks would be unhappy if they ended up wth to many expendable parts. I am happy and some folks just will never be. keepon crawlin.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:43 PM   #577

What part are you waiting for if you do not mind me asking I have a few extra parts.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #578

Default First crawler & first venom product

I am glad to read that venom's customer support is really good ( the reason i bought a creeper)i have been racing about 20 years,many rc cars and trucks,it has been awhile since i built a kit
approx 9 hours over 2 days so far about half done.
I find the instructions lacking & rather confusing,could use better verbal description of assembly. I will elaborate more later
BUCKSHOTRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #579

Default Wrong part

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
Looks like a few, maybe 40, kits have shipped that are incomplete or incorrect in some way. We are currently checking the inventory and making sure the kits are correct so if you happen to receive a Diff Lock Kit and would like to exchange it just contact us right away.
The servo might be too large or the screws are incorrect and the instructions will be missing for sure. In any case just exchange it with us.

Chris
Hey Chris, I just bought my son a Venom Creeper and started to put it together and it seems like I got the wrong parts for the transmission.

On the picture it looks like I need 2 of those (VEN-8341a) gears but instead I have 2 (VEN-8343) and 1 of the other. Is this correct or am I understanding wrong?

I've never used this forum before. I hope It'll work. Please help!

Thanks!

Ruel
youngagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #580

Default Assesment

Ok after the build ,
found kit missing about a dozen screws..instructions could really be a lot better,still unsure of how axle diff's work or not.servo mount needs more engineering ,shock bodies are cheap,also found shock oil open in bag in box.

However if it crawls well ...i'll be good with it for the price
BUCKSHOTRC is offline   Reply With Quote