Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 AM   #661
Pebble Pounder

I got a response email from Venom already! Less than 12hrs! I am impressed and they say they will take care of my problems. Gotta love that. So back to work on the other trucks till my parts get here. I understand stuff happens but I was so looking forward to running with the axial crew this weekend with my new creeper!

Last edited by bluenosegoat; 02-24-2011 at 10:32 AM.
bluenosegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #662
Yashua

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
NOW THAT BEING SAID , THERE QA IS ANOTHER ISSUE ENTIRELY, CONSIDERING ITS DONE IN CHINA, BUT I THINK VENOM IS A++++ IN HELPING ITS CUSTOMERS WITH ISSUES

TRY ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER'S CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SEE WHAT YOU'DE GET. USUALLY A INVOICE WITH A PRICE

HELL VENOM WILL EVEN PAY THE SHIPPING.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:43 AM   #663
Pebble Pounder

Yep I was surprised to hear from them so quickly! I sent them my address and a list with the four items I need replaced so hopefully the stuff will be here soon. Boy I hope I dont have axle issues! I couldnt wait though so I bought every 2.5mm screw ace hardware had to get my rovers mounted and so far I think this truck has great potential! I've used alot of the information I've gathered from the forum to build this rig so far and cant wait to see if it will keep up with my Crawler king (well whats left of a Crawler King!) Gonna wire up the brushless system and my bec from Holmes today. Hopefully the rear link/battery mount and pin lox from RMDW show up and I just might make it out before the rain on Saturday!

On a side note Holmes Hobbies blew me away with how fast they shipped my castle bec (programed to 6v)! only 2 days! I sure wish they carried more items!

Last edited by bluenosegoat; 02-25-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #664
Pebble Pounder

Got the email that the parts I need are on the way! Thats great customer service. Just plain retarded though that the kit came this way. I know its not the first one out the door so why are there still mistakes? Owell next week hopefully I'll get the chance to put through its paces.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #665
Yashua

YEAH I KNOW ITS AGGREVATING, BUT WHEN YA GET IT ALL TOGETHER AND START TO HAVE FUN AND EXPERIMENT WITH IT I THINK YOU'LL BE VERY PLEASED WITH YOUR RIG
Old 02-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #666
Rock Crawler

What was the best way you got ahold of Venom customer service? I tried E-mailing them about one of their fireball motors taking a crap on me with in 2 months and still havent heard anything back.?
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #667
Yashua

Pm sent
Old 02-26-2011, 06:09 PM   #668

Default My Creeper went poof!

Hi, new to the site. I picked up a Creeper Safari last week, and I haven't even taken it outside yet. I was running it in the house, getting things adjusted. I went to pick up the transmitter and accidentally hit the "Throttle Hold" button (why is that on there anyway?). I didn't know what was going on at first, so I tried to turn the car off, but the switch didn't do anything. I turned off the transmitter and back on, trying to reset it, but by that time there was smoke coming from the ESC and before I could get the battery unplugged, I heard a pop sound and with that, the ESC died. I let it cool off, and then plugged the battery in again, and the receiver and steering still work, but no throttle. Anybody had any experience like that? I sent an email to customer service, so let's see what they say. I have high hopes, by reading through this LONG thread!
mwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:15 AM   #669

I just got a new safari creeper and have run it for less than 5 mins and it has broke twice. First, there was an insert with my manuals stating that my truck had updated drive line componenents to prevent the cv pin from falling out. Includes a diagram and everything showing the sleeves. Well my truck does not have these "updated parts". Lost a pin within a couple mins. Rigged up my own replacemnet pin so I could drive my brand new truck and within another minute I lost drive to the wheels. You can hear something spinning within the dig, but it is not engaging. So i have tape over my axel cv pins to hold them in, and no drive to my wheels.
I called venom customer service and got a MESSAGE, not even put on hold, but had to leave a message for a call back.
So far I am not impressed with anything to do with venom.
Any help would be appreciated at this point.
What parts would i need to purchase to be able to remove the dig unit and run without??
thanks,

Last edited by THEDUDE79; 03-04-2011 at 09:50 AM.
THEDUDE79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #670

well 2 hours later and venom customer service called backed. The product may lack initial quality, but +1 for customer service. Hopefully now they will fix my problems.
THEDUDE79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #671

Check your set screws in the CV joints - I could not keep those tight and the CVs would come loose from either the diff or the tans/DIG. I already changed mine to the upgraded U-joints from CKRC Crawlers - they have 2 set screws on each joint, so they work a bit better. I already got my RMA for my ESC and shock, so +2 for customer service!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDUDE79 View Post
I just got a new safari creeper and have run it for less than 5 mins and it has broke twice. First, there was an insert with my manuals stating that my truck had updated drive line componenents to prevent the cv pin from falling out. Includes a diagram and everything showing the sleeves. Well my truck does not have these "updated parts". Lost a pin within a couple mins. Rigged up my own replacemnet pin so I could drive my brand new truck and within another minute I lost drive to the wheels. You can hear something spinning within the dig, but it is not engaging. So i have tape over my axel cv pins to hold them in, and no drive to my wheels.
I called venom customer service and got a MESSAGE, not even put on hold, but had to leave a message for a call back.
So far I am not impressed with anything to do with venom.
Any help would be appreciated at this point.
What parts would i need to purchase to be able to remove the dig unit and run without??
thanks,
mwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:27 AM   #672
Rock Stacker

Default Motor Pinion Gear

I've been searching these threads and haven't been able to find anything on the motor pinion pitch and optimal pinion tooth count for the creeper. Could someone help me out? Setup: stock trans and diffs, Novak Fifty-Five motor and Rooster ESC
hutsontr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #673
Quarry Creeper

pinon pitch is 48

Im running a 16 or 18 tooth pinon depending on what type of coarse im running on the 18 is a little faster and the 16 I believe is stock.

run a novak 55t on 3s
gerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #674
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerr View Post
pinon pitch is 48

Im running a 16 or 18 tooth pinon depending on what type of coarse im running on the 18 is a little faster and the 16 I believe is stock.

run a novak 55t on 3s
Thanks man, I've been needing a little more wheel speed.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #675
Rock Stacker

Which of these should I get:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-161820222426T

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-151719212325T

or what would someone recomend?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #676

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutsontr View Post
You can run with either one. In fact, the stock pinion is 15t. You can also refer to your Venom manual at page 39.
gundamalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #677

Default Stripped or overtightened!

I got a RTR Venom Creeper for my birthday and I went to take parts of it to waterproof the electronics and I found that SO MANY OF THE DANG SCREWS WERE STRIPPED AND OVERTIGHTENED!!! Most of the screws that attached to the gearbox housing were recessed and stripped and overtightened. I don't want to have to buy all those parts again because I just don't have the money to waste on stuff that should have been right in the place. Venom - tell you workers to stop tightening the screws so dang tight! I love the rig but not the hastle of drilling out and filling and retapping holes and having to buy more stuff that I should have had right in the first place. Anyone else share my problem and frustration???

-Jeremy-
JeremyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #678
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyP View Post
I got a RTR Venom Creeper for my birthday and I went to take parts of it to waterproof the electronics and I found that SO MANY OF THE DANG SCREWS WERE STRIPPED AND OVERTIGHTENED!!! Most of the screws that attached to the gearbox housing were recessed and stripped and overtightened. I don't want to have to buy all those parts again because I just don't have the money to waste on stuff that should have been right in the place. Venom - tell you workers to stop tightening the screws so dang tight! I love the rig but not the hastle of drilling out and filling and retapping holes and having to buy more stuff that I should have had right in the first place. Anyone else share my problem and frustration???

-Jeremy-
Jeremy...send Venom an email from thier website...they will respond and they will make it right if they are in the wrong. Venom's Customer Service is outstanding when it comes to making things right on bad parts. The Venom Company guys dont get on here much but an email direct to them will get results. Just be detailed and tell them what happened.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #679
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Jeremy...send Venom an email from thier website...they will respond and they will make it right if they are in the wrong. Venom's Customer Service is outstanding when it comes to making things right on bad parts. The Venom Company guys dont get on here much but an email direct to them will get results. Just be detailed and tell them what happened.
WOW how many time do we have to say there service is good we should call this section great service instead of creeper
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalters View Post
Hi, new to the site. I picked up a Creeper Safari last week, and I haven't even taken it outside yet. I was running it in the house, getting things adjusted. I went to pick up the transmitter and accidentally hit the "Throttle Hold" button (why is that on there anyway?). I didn't know what was going on at first, so I tried to turn the car off, but the switch didn't do anything. I turned off the transmitter and back on, trying to reset it, but by that time there was smoke coming from the ESC and before I could get the battery unplugged, I heard a pop sound and with that, the ESC died. I let it cool off, and then plugged the battery in again, and the receiver and steering still work, but no throttle. Anybody had any experience like that? I sent an email to customer service, so let's see what they say. I have high hopes, by reading through this LONG thread!
Same here... Bought one and within a week I lost the pin in the driveshaft. Luckily enough I found it. Then after about 25 days I saw smoke from the underbelly and lost all reverse movement. By that time I had cracked the body a bit so I needed to replace that the drivetrain was being held together with tape and there were no esc's in stock so I decided to just get a whole new truck as I had a $50 off coupon.
Got the new truck, ran it for ~3-4 days and when powering it on there was a pop and now no forward/reverse at all although all the steering and other servos work.

Now I have TWO creepers that are less than 30 days old with apparently the same problems? Using a Venom universal battery as well. So I sent an email over the weekend and now I am waiting to hear back as I am out $500 and have two less than a month old dead trucks to show for it...
Not very happy to say the least!

-P
aprilialuvr is offline   Reply With Quote