Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #641
Yashua

Sorry chris , did'nt catch that it was a rtr unit, my mistake.

But e mail them , if they built it they gotta repair it .
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 AM   #642
Quarry Creeper

As i said, i emailed Venom, and guess what...they saw my email and responded to it. They told me the problem i have is not a common problem, and a fully ansembled trans.gearbox is not availabe, but:
a) i send the gearbox to US for repairing
b) i tell them the items i need and they will send them to me

I told them what is wrong and the item codes, and my address...let's see what happens.

Quite surprised by the fact they answered, i am used with a full-rejection communication system from the sellers here Romania, that's way i had a first time hesitation.

Awaiting for action....please stand by.

Regards,
Chris.
jimmyshor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #643
Yashua

Default Patient

THE WORST PART FOR YOU WILL BE THE MAIL TIME, AS OF COURSE YOU ALREADY KNOW I'M SURE . I'VE PURCHASED ITEMS FROM HUNGARY AND SLOVAKIA AND IT COULD TAKE A WEEK OR A MONTH , I DON'T GET IT CAUSE I ORDERED 2 ITEMS 1 DAY APART FORM HUNGARY , THEY WERE BOTH IN STOCK , 1 TOOK 6 DAYS , THE OTHER 29 DAYS . I HOPE YOUR MAIL SERVICE IS FAST FOR YA.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #644
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyshor View Post
As i said, i emailed Venom, and guess what...they saw my email and responded to it. They told me the problem i have is not a common problem, and a fully ansembled trans.gearbox is not availabe, but:
a) i send the gearbox to US for repairing
b) i tell them the items i need and they will send them to me

I told them what is wrong and the item codes, and my address...let's see what happens.

Quite surprised by the fact they answered, i am used with a full-rejection communication system from the sellers here Romania, that's way i had a first time hesitation.

Awaiting for action....please stand by.

Regards,
Chris.
ive never had to deal with venom on customer service. theres been a few bad stories and alot of good stories about how they have taken care of their customers. so i feel they will do you good...if not do the axial trans swap like we had discussed...i know i liked the swap!!
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #645
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
if not do the axial trans swap like we had discussed...i know i liked the swap!!
SHUSH!
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #646
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
SHUSH!
ease of maintenance is all im gong to say...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #647
Yashua

I HAVE NEVER HAD TO DO A THING TO MY CREEPER TRANNY
Old 01-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #648
Quarry Creeper

They asked me to confirm the part codes i need, i did that and now i am waiting. Nobody is perfect, so maybe on my rig, at the final quality check, something passed by and that was it.
I tend to believe i am the first Creeper owner complainng about tranny failure, so i'm not to happy with it. Well, last night, i tried to figure what happend to the tranny, with my head clear and a calm attitude. Here is the a possible cause for the damage:
The pinion from the motor's ax was not very well tighten, so the pinion somehow slipped along the ax.

Not much, but enough for the spur gear to remain almost toothless.
That's what happend, i'm 99% sure of it.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #649
Yashua

AND YOUR PROBALLY RIGHT. AS WITH MOST FAILURES, ASSYMBLY ERRORS CONTRIBUTE TO MANY FAILURES.
I WOULD BE OPTIMISTIC THAT YOUR PARTS "ARE" ON THE WAY, ALBEIT THROUGH THE SNAIL MAIL.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #650

Default hmmmmmmmmm

i know its kinda a stupid question but will any tire fit the creeper i notaced the ring on the rim does not look like it will to me i was just wondering befor i buy after market i would appreciate any help thanks and whats a awsome tire to run on it
thekreepykrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:30 AM   #651
Quarry Creeper

Well, guys, i'm back on track. Venom kept it's word and did send me the parts i needed. Free of charge (even shipment taxes were paid by Venom). I am very impressed with the customer assistance, therefor here is a A+ for the way they handled this small problem. Thanks, guys !
Old 01-21-2011, 04:23 AM   #652
Yashua

Default Venom Group

YEAH VENOM IS A GOOD COMPANY, I'M GLAD YOU GOT YOUR PROBLEM RESOLVED , AND IN A TIMELY MANNER, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR CREEPER
Old 01-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #653
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekreepykrawler View Post
i know its kinda a stupid question but will any tire fit the creeper i notaced the ring on the rim does not look like it will to me i was just wondering befor i buy after market i would appreciate any help thanks and whats a awsome tire to run on it
ANy 2.2 tire should fit,,some tires have a thicker bead and are a bit harder to set the bead but they will go if you have patience and pay attention to what you are doing.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #654

Default c-Hubs question

While I am a noob to the crawler scene, I'm not a noob with building and bashing RC cars. I have gone through 4 c-hubs on the front left wheel. I've now rebuilt the front diff and replaced the front left axel, but still have the issue. Any thoughts on what the cause may be? I've ordered a set of machined aluminum c-hubs, but this still seems like a build / part issue than a driving issue.

Oh, I did read the sticky posts... I didn't see this topic anywhere.

Thanks for the help!!
Matt

Last edited by Blind Dog; 01-25-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Blind Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #655
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Dog View Post
While I am a noob to the crawler scene, I'm not a noob with building and bashing RC cars. I have gone through 4 c-hubs on the front left wheel. I've now rebuilt the front diff and replaced the front left axel, but still have the issue. Any thoughts on what the cause may be? I've ordered a set of machined aluminum c-hubs, but this still seems like a build / part issue than a driving issue.

Oh, I did read the sticky posts... I didn't see this topic anywhere.

Thanks for the help!!
Matt
if you read about tips to wrap the cvd's to keep the pins in or you have read about my Pin lox then you have seen the solution for the problem...your cvd pins are coming out and cutting the ears off of the c-hubs im sure.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #656

Exclamation hello

i just bought this box kit and was hoping some one could tell me a good elc set up because the box kit has everything but the electronics well let me know thanks
Stright up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 AM   #657

Default Lock-out

I was wondering if venom makes a rear axle lock-out? My custom scale rig uses the axial axles and the rear axle came with lock-outs. I can't seem to find anything from Venom. What gives?
Thurzday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #658
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurzday View Post
I was wondering if venom makes a rear axle lock-out? My custom scale rig uses the axial axles and the rear axle came with lock-outs. I can't seem to find anything from Venom. What gives?
Fastlane machine makes a great solid spool for the truck as well as really nice shock bodies.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #659

Default just a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLINGAROUND View Post
Look here for special announcements and product support in the future.
Hey i just ordered a dig unit for my creeper and i had problems with my drive shaft conector because i put locktight so i drilled it out so i could install it and then ordered another one it came in and it didnt fit on to the transmition drive shaft it was a manufacturing problem might want to check it out the part # was ven-8380

Last edited by green venom; 02-14-2011 at 05:55 PM.
green venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #660
Pebble Pounder

I finally got my creeper from RC4WD to be pretty disapointed. First off the kit is missing the screws for the tranny housing, one wheel hex is not threaded for the set screw- just two holes, and thirdly the the holes in the wheels for the beadlock screws are to big for the supplied 2mmx8mm screws! The first two I can work around but I cant even mount up my tires to these wheels, the screws just fall into the holes! I've been into rc for 25yrs + and have never had this many problems out of the box. I hope thier customer support is as good as some say. I just emailed them but I waited almost 2 weeks on RC4WD just to get this "kit" (I'm only an 8hr drive away) and now I cant even get it together- with out a trip to the hobby shop or stealing some tires and wheels from my other truck. Guess I have time to wait for the stuff coming from RMDW and Holmes before the truck gets dirty! RRRRRGGGGG!
Now I just noticed the wheel washers are red! I have a Green kit! I am really not impressed with Venoms quality control.

Last edited by bluenosegoat; 02-24-2011 at 12:42 AM.
bluenosegoat is offline   Reply With Quote