Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Official venom factory support thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #461
Quarry Creeper

more than great news
P.S. Very cool new creeper presentation on your site.
Alex.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2009, 06:19 AM   #462

I just bought a Creeper, we got it mostly complete. But have noticed that the threaded portion of the shock, and the adjustment ring/nut, dont have good contact. Causing the adjustment ring/nut to slide up the threads and not locate the spring. This doesnt REALLY concern me, but does Venom make some full aluminum bodied shocks for an upgrade?
RokBlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #463
Pebble Pounder

Did you remember to use the orings in the adjusting nuts they keep the nut from moving on the shock.
93firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #464

Got my Creeper a couple of weeks ago. I like building the cars, not much in favor of the RTR's. All the pieces were there, everything fit up well. Not quite finished yet and the weather is turning... may have to fill the house up with rock... Looking forward to the dig unit and trying out a set of the new Venom tires.
rock jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #465
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93firebird View Post
Did you remember to use the orings in the adjusting nuts they keep the nut from moving on the shock.
Yes the o-rings are in place, the prob is the lock ring to body threads do not mesh closely enough and when compressing the shock the ring jumps up 3-4 threads, just not a good tight fit. And this with stock springs.

I just swap'd out to some of my home brew soft springs and it helps but still wont hold good.

P.S. I cant find a .5mm allen needed for the little setscrews in the CV shafts....

Last edited by orange-appeal; 11-03-2009 at 06:52 PM.
orange-appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:21 AM   #466
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokBlok View Post
Does Venom make some full aluminum bodied shocks for an upgrade?
I run the venom part # VEN-4020 shocks on my creeper, I know they say their for a axial but they will fit the creeper.
1\4elliptic toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #467
Rock Crawler

1\4elliptic toy - can you use standard axial springs with those or just the springs supplied? I've got my creepr pretty dialed right now and if I swap to alu's I'd ike to know if I'd end up starting over again. Heck, I'd be happy with a simple shock body upgrade really.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #468
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
1\4elliptic toy - can you use standard axial springs with those or just the springs supplied? I've got my creepr pretty dialed right now and if I swap to alu's I'd ike to know if I'd end up starting over again. Heck, I'd be happy with a simple shock body upgrade really.

I traded top "cups" from my stock plastic body shocks to the new ones, I assume if you just leave the cups be they will fit...They are made for the "axial" so I'm sure they will accept the different springs. I have never ran a stock set of axials so I can't say 100%. I can measure something if you need.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:55 PM   #469
Quarry Creeper

i got my venom dig unit in the mail today, everything looks solid, can't wait to put it on my creeper later tonight, it even comes with a micro servo which is pretty sweet.

hey 1/4elliptic toy what are you using for a servo the micro that came with it of a stronger one?
The_kernel114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:04 PM   #470
Pebble Pounder

I hope mine is there waiting for me when I get home!!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #471
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1\4elliptic toy View Post
I traded top "cups" from my stock plastic body shocks to the new ones, I assume if you just leave the cups be they will fit...They are made for the "axial" so I'm sure they will accept the different springs. I have never ran a stock set of axials so I can't say 100%. I can measure something if you need.
Thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #472
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I hope mine is there waiting for me when I get home!!
Well to my surprise there was a l note on my door that my dig unit was attempted to be delivered but since Venom uses the hands down worst shipping company in the world, Who tries to deliver to a residence during the middle of the day when most people are at work then requires a signature to leave it. I did not get my unit and will have to wait another day if not more to get it. Not real impressed at this point!!! Do not use FED EX they absolutely suck when it comes to delivery!!!!

Last edited by 93firebird; 11-05-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #473

I just got my creeper today and was a little disappointed. This is the second creeper I have built (one for a friend) but the first time having these problems. None of the bags were labeled, so I had to measure every single screw to find the right ones. Also, the shock bodies do not seem to fit too well with the collar for the spring, and the cap pops right off when pressure is applied. Almost like the shock bodies were made too small. I can not seem to keep the diff locked either. It seems like it may be one of the older creepers, before all the issues were worked out.
truaxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #474
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_kernel114 View Post
i got my venom dig unit in the mail today, everything looks solid, can't wait to put it on my creeper later tonight, it even comes with a micro servo which is pretty sweet.

hey 1/4elliptic toy what are you using for a servo the micro that came with it of a stronger one?

Im using the stock one that comes with the kit, It works fine.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #475
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Who tries to deliver to a residence during the middle of the day when most people are at work then requires a signature to leave it.
Umm.... every shipping company in the world. Ya know the people that work for these shipping companys have familys too, they work a 9-5 just like everyone else. You know you can leave a note asking them to leave it for you right? It not venoms fault that you were'nt home to get the package.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #476
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Umm.... every shipping company in the world. Ya know the people that work for these shipping companys have familys too, they work a 9-5 just like everyone else. You know you can leave a note asking them to leave it for you right? It not venoms fault that you were'nt home to get the package.
My point is that Fed Ex is the only one I ever have problems with. They never leave a package I always have to make the 50 mile round trip to track it down. The last time I had something delivered by them I requested it to be held at the depot and the driver took it on his truck anyway. I showed up at the depot 25 miles from home and its out being delivered to my home. I never have that problem with ups nor usps
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #477
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
My point is that Fed Ex is the only one I ever have problems with.
Oh I hear ya, I collect rare fish and corals, I can't tell you how many times fedex has screwed up a shipment of mine. Imagine having a couple thousand dollars worth of live coral riding around in truck without knowing if/when it would get delivered.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #478

Quote:
Oh I hear ya, I collect rare fish and corals, I can't tell you how many times fedex has screwed up a shipment of mine. Imagine having a couple thousand dollars worth of live coral riding around in truck without knowing if/when it would get delivered.
Cool, I have been in the reef tank hobby for several years. I usually get all my stuff from local people just for that reason. I ordered a clean up crew once many years ago when I had a tank at my wife's house before we were married and the dumb delivery guy left it in her mom's car sitting on the carport. Bad thing was it was about 20 degrees outside! Nothing was moving but I put all the bags in the bathtub with slightly warm water. Slowly the bags warmed up and everything made it.
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #479
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmike View Post
Cool, I have been in the reef tank hobby for several years. I usually get all my stuff from local people just for that reason. I ordered a clean up crew once many years ago when I had a tank at my wife's house before we were married and the dumb delivery guy left it in her mom's car sitting on the carport. Bad thing was it was about 20 degrees outside! Nothing was moving but I put all the bags in the bathtub with slightly warm water. Slowly the bags warmed up and everything made it.

Haha, ya snails and crabs are pretty tough. I own a saltwater design instalation maintenance and retail store. I have been keeping salt for 20+ years
Old 11-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #480
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange-appeal View Post
Yes the o-rings are in place, the prob is the lock ring to body threads do not mesh closely enough and when compressing the shock the ring jumps up 3-4 threads, just not a good tight fit. And this with stock springs.

I just swap'd out to some of my home brew soft springs and it helps but still wont hold good.

P.S. I cant find a .5mm allen needed for the little setscrews in the CV shafts....

I can confirm his issue ... I just went to test out afew changes and my right rear shock has done the same thing. I can adjust it as I need it but as soon as I use the rear supension the adjuster just skips threads and finds it's own new setting.
I suppose I could probably do the venom CS thing but I'm going to just buy the Aluminum oneS instead.