Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner... build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner... build thread

Mason, I can look for you, an let you know what I find.. with most things here its first come first serve. Trying to get someone to wait for payment while I wait for you to answer a pm may prove difficult..lol an ebay is a shot at anything right at The last min.. I can let you know when I find a good deal tho. As far as The xvd's, It was just weird how it worked out.. tried buying them twice yesterday for 40 off rc4wd.. website wouldn't work. Found a pair, nip, last night on here for 28! Saved 12 bucks

THanks 28, I'm just on my phone too, not tapatalk tho, android.. not sure I know the diff of what ur using.. ill look into it, thanks

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-23-2012 at 04:25 AM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #122
Rock Crawler

Thanks bud
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

There is a hitec servo on the for sale section
985mg. 133 @ 4.8 doesn't say anything at 6v but it has to be higher...40$
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

Seems kind low
Old 03-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

That servo does'nt have much more torque at 6v. It's a dated servo, several yrs old...much better options out there.
28offroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

Yes exactly
Old 03-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave

My bad, I just have it a quick glance over...

Ok so back to the build.. I took some of what Thomas had to say an ended up replacing my front shaft with the traxxas long shafts an metal yokes that I had waiting to go on ta da.. clicking is gone! Thanks for the wisdom... The cs-170 is noisy.. works great tho! Still waiting on my castle field link so stuck at default of 5.1v. Steering thru everything in her path tho! All bout the results. Stock foams seem to be breaking down a little. Can't wait for my new wheels so I can put my paradox dual foams in.. I'm also thinking of putting my rooster crawler esc on with a lipo alarm an voltage checker.. not sure the sidewinder Sct edition esc is goin to give me what I want.. also it only has a 40% drag brake which allows it to still coast. I think it would be Better suited for my scx-10 cherokee project not a comp rig. Plus it is bulky, not that the rooster isn't, square inch wise its big at 1 1/2 by 2.. the rooster is 1 1/4 by 1 1/2. If I could find a fxr which is tiny, It's goin on with the xr chassis when I do the rebuild..

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-23-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

The sv esc is amazing. You put drag at 100, reverse t 100, nd 3s lipo. Great set up...
Old 03-24-2012, 04:36 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

I read that the sidewinder Sct edition is the same thing as the sv2, anyone have any truth to that?

Ok for the build.. for The rear lower links I was thinkin.... Instead of straightening the long bend an cutting, I'm going to measure in the 1 1/4 to cut off an make a mark. Measure the distance of the other side. Now I have some middle bend aluminum links, I measurd in on them, to cut off. The bend in the small bend an the bend in the new links is all at The same place. Any suggestions on that working or not working?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

I know it looks big, its just I'm holding it in the air...

Also looking for a measurement from eyelet to eyelet of the rear lower link from anyone running a xr and or rear truss..

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-24-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I read that the sidewinder Sct edition is the same thing as the sv2, anyone have any truth to that?

Ok for the build.. for The rear lower links I was thinkin.... Instead of straightening the long bend an cutting, I'm going to measure in the 1 1/4 to cut off an make a mark. Measure the distance of the other side. Now I have some middle bend aluminum links, I measurd in on them, to cut off. The bend in the small bend an the bend in the new links is all at The same place. Any suggestions on that working or not working?
Yep, sct and sv2 esc are exactly the same....only difference are the stickers on the case. Cane from a Castle represenative himself on a different forum.

Edit..... You'll need the long bend out for a true high clearance link. Otherwise you won't get the clearance out of the link...

Last edited by 28offroader; 03-24-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

I want to do what Thomas an other creepers have done to shorten the rear lower links. I want to use my rear lowers for my front uppers, instead of taking the long bend out an cutting them, I want to use the spare links I have to get the same result in the rear...

Well my new wheels showed up today as well as my castle field link. Now all I have to do is use a computer to update the castle link and then program my esc an cc Bec. The wheels are ckrc "skinny" wheels, there sick looking!

Now I just have to decide which rings to put on The outside...

I like the open ness of the skinny ring myself... Only problem, tho the wheels are new, is one of them is out of whack. It is bent or wobbles. When its mounted to The truck an hit the juice it looks like a bent bicycle rim.. ill have to wait till Mon to see what ckrc will do bout it if anything.. I know we don't go fast but why have a bent rim! It musta been machined that way is all I can think.. oh an there is a wheel weight set on each corner! I just don't see needing that much weight in the back wheels. Wish I knew how much they weighed.. my scale doesn't go that high.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #133
Rock Crawler

Not bad looking wheels a little narrow for my taste but nice though.
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #134
Quarry Creeper

Gotcha on the links....I don't see doing it that way a problem. Only thing is when you straighten the long bend the link becomes slightly longer overall. I'd cut an 1-1/8 off to start with and then see if it needs anymore to keep your 12-1/2" wheelbase.

I like the looks of those wheels a lot. I prefer the look of the skinnier beadlock.
Sucks about the bent one....I'd for sure hit em up.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Maybe a silly one... What if any is the advantage or dis advantage of skinny or wider wheels? I've read lots an lots of threads an yet to see anything bout it...

Yeah the skinnier beadlock is sweet lookin! I'm just not sure how the paradox dual foams are goin to work with them, is Tgt skinny wheel goin to make them work diff? Too big? .. I have an hour an half ride to my sisters today so ill be switching everything over then..

28... I'm not goin to use the Stock lower to straighten an cut, I want to use it for up front on the uppers.. I want to use the silver middle bend link in my hand(photo above) to cut off an use as a high clearance link in the rear.

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-25-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Well the motor is cutting out on me today.. all the lights are working on the esc just nothing to The motor. Then it will work for 5ft then nothing again. It seemed slow on The 3s yesterday now this today.. any thoughts?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #137
Rock Crawler

Sounds bad either way. Were you getting hot yesterday?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
28... I'm not goin to use the Stock lower to straighten an cut, I want to use it for up front on the uppers.. I want to use the silver middle bend link in my hand(photo above) to cut off an use as a high clearance link in the rear.
I got what you were saying... I was referring to when you mock up your new link to the rear lower. Taking your measurement off of the lower link you've gotta account that if you had used the lower it would become longer without that bend. So you would'nt want to still cut 1-1/4" off.

Quote:
Well the motor is cutting out on me today.. all the lights are working on the esc just nothing to The motor. Then it will work for 5ft then nothing again. It seemed slow on The 3s yesterday now this today.. any thoughts?
Not sure if the Venom motor is rebuildable but if it is I'd throw in some new brushes and see if that helps.

Last edited by 28offroader; 03-25-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Nah, it doesn't get hot with my setup.. it ended up bein the spring, I just bent it a touch so it was tighter.. Workin fine now.

I got ya now 28, yeah the long end of the middle bend link would be longer to start with. It would get cut on the short bend end to match an that leaves it a quarter or better longer on what would be the long bend end..
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #140
I wanna be Dave

on the motor..make sure the brushes are able to move in and out of the brush hoods...if the brush wires are all folded over the hoods then the brushes cant move...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote

wanting a winner... build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanting to build a quadcopter iamsuperbleeder Non Crawler RC's 21 03-25-2012 11:42 PM
Wanting to build my own lcc xThexFearedx Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 04-18-2010 11:26 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to try another tuber build iceman320 General Crawlers 8 03-29-2009 06:22 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM