Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner... build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner... build thread

Well I bolted my new wheels on after I spent time putting my paradox dual foams in an my rovers on them, I mounted them. There only a 1/4 inch skinnier then my other rims, tho the offset is diff as well, the inner ring rubbed on my knuckles an made my rig skinnier up front. As the one wheel is bent, I left the two off the back so I didn't scratch them.. I'm ordering a widener kit tonight.
Now for The good part, they look awesome! The paradox foams fill out the tires to a T! The side hill an response I got out of the rovers with them in made them very predictable with unmatched point an shoot ability!
Now the bad, I had to take the new wheels off the front... They were making too much work for everything else. They will go back on as soon as my Hr multi wheel widener kit gets here
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #142
Rock Crawler

What do you mean the front wheels caused too much work for eveything else?
masonis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

When screwed on tight, The inner beadlock is rubbing on the outside of the knuckles. That an I had to turn back my epa of my steering. The paradox foams made my tires stand up taller so they rubbed on my springs.. so between the two it was causing a binding affect an was making the motor, esc, battery, an servo all work harder. I noticed my battery getting warm first, then I touched my motor an could only hold my finger on it for bout 5 seconds... Normally no problems with either being warm...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

Sounds like it sucks...
Old 03-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Lol, very much SO! Put time an effort into getting where ya want to go just to find out its not goin to work the way ya planned.. ah what's another 25$ to be able to use the wheels I want on it so bad.... If the wife knew she would die. Or kill me.. ;)
Old 03-25-2012, 07:45 PM   #146
Rock Crawler

Hahah prbably kill...
Old 03-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like you got Berg offset wheels....wheel wideners will significantly shorten the life of CVD's or XVD's...they will also increase stress on the axle housings and screw with your scrub radius...overall...wheel wideners arent a real good deal...if you can Id see about a different set of wheels or trading the new ones for some Axial offset wheels.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:45 AM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Awww CRAP! NOT, ANYTHING I WANTED TO HEAR... I bought a multi width kit, comes with spacers, I only need a 1/16 or at most an 1/8.. would that be so bad on it? I'm not goin to go with a 15mm widener or anything, Just enough to get clearance.. love the wheels! Don't think ill give them up, yeah there Berg offset, they were only 40$ with rovers.. sold the rovers for thirty, got the xvd's for 28$.. so I got the wheels an xvd's for The price of xvd's... I'll give em a test an see how long they last. If not ill shell out another 40 for new xvd's an find a diff pair of wheels. the wheels were 55$ a pair from ckrc originally, like I said, love them! They look huge an open an even bigger with the paradox dual foams an the Rovers.. huge!

I do appreciate the info, for as cheap as I got the set up, testing an trial an error I guess on this one..

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-26-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

Sounds like your wifes gunna kill you for sure now....
Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Lol, Nah I'm good, I pay the bills an go to work.. plus It's better I spend the money on this then anything I use to, this way I at least get to keep what I spend my money on instead off peeing it out..

Ok invoice payed for Rmdw, xrv2, lockers, more pin lox,(for creeper 2 I'm building out of my spare parts the paradox parts are replacing plus a tranny an chassis I picked up, only need to find a pair of axles for it...), an HR aluminum chubs an knuckles from Thomas an his magic to make them work... Xvd's should be here tomm! Prolly wed for my multi wheel widening kit.. I'm goin as short as possible to make the new wheels work without hurting the xvd's...

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-26-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Hi all, its been pretty slow due to work. I have received my wheel extensions an noticed I only need 2mm. Smallest being 5mm goin to do some work to get it to mesh the way I need it to. More to come. Also started on my rear truss from Rmdw an working on cutting down links for The rear end. I'll be posting pics once I start to get somewhere with it...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #152
Rock Crawler

LETS SEE THOSE Pics....
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Middle bend link cut down to take place of the stock lower rear link.

There a little longer then the 1 1/8 to be cut off the long bend end as they sit. But that's without the long bend straightened an can be cut shorter if needed.. rear truss on after work tomm. Have to be out of the house in 5 hours... Oh sleep.. what's that anymore! Dreamin bout crawlin an day dreamin bout it at work... Sickness sickness sickness... Lmao

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-28-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #154
RCC Addict

yeah makin links is always fun , fortunately thomas told me all of the measurements and what to do so it was fairly easy
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Can you pass them measurements along? The shet bend matches perfect an I have 2 inches on The long side...
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Ok so a little build stuff an a lot of appreciation... I messed around with my top links an got my Rmdw btl level, at the moment, maybe slight tilt back soon.(don't want to do too much till I get the trusses on).. I do already notice just a bit less TT just by pushing the rig on one wheel.. well, less chassis roll... I also sipped the front tires via Rmdw t's an t's...

Ok now just for idea sake.. I started a local area crawlers out there anywhere thread in Pa.. it started with one, an we go at least once a week...(ax-10, Andrew) Tues night a third guy met up with me. Ax-10 converted to scx-10 with a scx-10 chassis..(ax-10/scx-10, Al) I saw a remote for sale on Craigslist from williamsport, I wrote him a open invite to come crawl, he replied happy to join!.. sweet! (Lnc, Brian). Brian has a friend looking to get in to it... Now we are 4 maybe 5. Today I got to talk to another from bout 45 mins away, willing to drive to get to crawl... Awesome! (Trailfinder, Brandon)... Now we have no hobby shops, no tracks, no big parks, nope. Zero. notta.. we do have big rock under bridges, an stuff man made with rock, to crawl. But nothing close.. so I'm just exited to bring some guys together doing the same thing an haven fun.. thinkin of starting a club of sorts an seeing how many ppl we can find. Maybe even get a shop opened up close or get some parts of here an ebay an start haven just a few things in case I break something or one of the guys does.. (so there isn't a week of down time for anyone)... Ok I'm done, thanks for everyone's help thoughts ideas an of course build threads...

Oh, long day today, I didn't get my fresh cut links drilled.. we poured over 200 yards of concerete today. I'll get back at it tomm an some pics up tomm night.

Last edited by winnerone23; 03-29-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #157
Rock Crawler

Sounds like a good idea.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #158
RCC Addict

winner if you still need the measurements i will get them for you as soon as my cell phone charges .
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #159
RCC Addict

i would say try to get the angle at witch your 2 knuckle screw are point make sure that the top on it pointing towards the back
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #160
Rock Crawler

Dude whats u real name, calling you winner is kinda funny....

wanting a winner... build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanting to build a quadcopter iamsuperbleeder Non Crawler RC's 21 03-25-2012 11:42 PM
Wanting to build my own lcc xThexFearedx Team Losi Comp Crawler 0 04-18-2010 11:26 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to try another tuber build iceman320 General Crawlers 8 03-29-2009 06:22 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM