Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 04:25 AM   #221
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: mgputer Build ****Now With Pics****

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
X2..you should plate the cage behind the cab and leave the whole cage open...

Yah I have been debating going full truggy or not. Another vote for truggy!
mgputer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #222
I wanna be Dave

Here is some updated pics. Was working on the tube work a bit. Changed things around a bit. I would have gotten finished but I ran out of propane. I'll have to get it finished in the mornin before we go crawlin tomorrow.

Last edited by mgputer; 07-15-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #223
I wanna be Dave

I think I am again going to update my tires. Maybe it is just the foams? These bounce really bad and the traction isnt all that fantastic. I am not sure why everyone has been running them lately in the 2.2 scale rigs. I guess before I dump them I will try to make another set of dual foams like I did on my flat irons. Since they hop I may go firm foam inside so they don't roll or ball up with like a half inch about of memory foam on the outside.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #224
I wanna be Dave

Well I traded my current wheels and tires for a set of Interco Irocks on proline wheels. I am hoping they work better. One thing for sure they definitely look cooler! Going to run a set of new R35 compound Rock Lizards until the new tires show up. They work really well. I was really suprised how well they worked on my little home course.

I made a plate on top of the cage for the cab to mount to with velcro. Going to make something for the hood in the front also. I should have my set of springs here today so I can get it set to almost full droop.

Going to order a new body here in the next day or 2. Going to have a trail body and a crawler body as when you are crawling its not if you are going to roll over but when so it gets beat up pretty fast. Also going to finish the cage. Going to bend some tube that follows from the sliders up around the fenders all the way to the grill. There has been a few times where its leaning hard in a valley or between 2 rocks and it tries to rip my fenders off. I think this should help some.

I think I am going to pick up a set of wraith straight axles for the rear as I keep bending the titanium ones. I will cut them to length and then grind the flat spots. I think some scx10 ones might work as well.

Last edited by mgputer; 07-18-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:58 AM   #225
Rock Crawler

So your having problems with rear titanuim shafts that sucks also make sure you change the foams in the iroks if there stock foams there to stiff from what i understand
89lxmorepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:03 AM   #226
I wanna be Dave

Stock foams might work on mine as its a tank. It weighs 9lbs so it need stiffer foams then normal. I have a couple different sets though so if it is to stiff I have some options. I may do the cut mod to them as it makes them a bit wider and softer too.

Yah the axle prob sucks. CBRB is going to have to use a different material in the future I think as titanium is bendy unless it is mixed with other metals or carbon then it is crazy strong. I might try to heat treat these and see if that helps too. Maybe a red hot with an oil bath would fix it. Would kinda suck though to ruin $70 axles.

Last edited by mgputer; 07-18-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #227
RCC Addict

might hold on the body, Pro line is about to announce a new crawler body.....no idea what it might be.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #228
Rock Crawler

Ya you and thomas have both had issues with them bending which is wierd and ya you may be good on stock irok foams
Old 07-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #229
RCC Addict

i run sealed air only in my iroks, but i am a bit on the heavy side too.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #230
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
might hold on the body, Pro line is about to announce a new crawler body.....no idea what it might be.

Any idea when it is going to be released? I probably won't like it anyway lol I am a bit different on what I like. My ideal body for a 1.9 or 1.5 scaler would be a 47 chevy panel truck or 48 dodge power wagon or panel truck. I guess an old willys jeep would be sexy too.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #231
I wanna be Dave

I am going to build another rig. I was going to use one of the 4 spare creeper axles I have but was thinking of changing this rig to a 1.9 rig and change it up for class 2 then build a class 3 rig with losi axles. Still don't know what I am going to do yet but I have always liked losi axles with how high the driveshaft mounts up and how much clearance you can get as you can set your links almost like a MOA. I dunno only time will tell!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #232
Rock Crawler

If you build a crawler using losi axles be prepared to use the trans or moa conversion a friend tryed them with axle trans it went less than a mile a hour cause of the trans
Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #233
I wanna be Dave

Yah I have a trans coming too. If I make a scaler I am going to pick up an RC4WD 2 speed trans. Should work well as it is geared to high for a regular crawler. Will look up the gear ratio of a losi trans before I pick one up though so I know if the ratio is close or not.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #234
I wanna be Dave

Messed around a bit with my rig between cutting up blown down trees from the recent storm.

Bar is a little crooked but not alot of time to get it finished. Maybe this evening I can get it taken care of. I also put the droop springs in and wow what a difference. Works so nice that way.

Last edited by mgputer; 07-19-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #235
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgputer View Post
Any idea when it is going to be released? I probably won't like it anyway lol I am a bit different on what I like. My ideal body for a 1.9 or 1.5 scaler would be a 47 chevy panel truck or 48 dodge power wagon or panel truck. I guess an old willys jeep would be sexy too.
+1 I've been hoping for an old Power Wagon for a while. Back in the day my grandpa drove a Willys pickup and I've always wanted to build one. The lights and stance look awesome.
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #236
I wanna be Dave

Thats probably why I want one too lol. My grandpa had a 48 power wagon. I can remember driving around through the swamp going deer hunting and hauling fire wood.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #237
Rock Crawler

Saw this on Reno 4x4 the other day. Did a comparative with this and my rig. I'd love to get another body like mine and (hopefully this winter) one of the Mattzilla truggy chassis for a similar build. That whole styrene body building process is sure looking enticing right now.
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #238
I wanna be Dave

There is a build like this in the 2.2 forum or maybe it was the 1.9. He took a molded powerwagon panel truck body and turned it into a pick up. I asked where he got it and a guy who has one emailed me a price as he has one. Bad part is the price is $245! I cant afford that! lol
Old 07-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #239
Rock Crawler

your builds looking good mg where did you get the led lights at
Old 07-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #240
I wanna be Dave

From a wraith

mgputer Build ****Now With Pics**** - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 12:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM
Practice build before I build a real crawler. jm8881 General Crawlers 46 03-13-2005 09:21 PM