Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: The new bling hotness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The new bling hotness

Finally took the time to figure out my issues with my castle field link. I don't have intardnet at the house so I downloaded the new firmware to my phone then loaded it on my laptop. That opened up the ability to update the firmware on the mamba maxx so now its fully operational. And holy shit is it ever! I've never had anything like this before so I had no clue what I was missing. I sure know now! The blazer is my uber basher for now, we'll see what breaks next
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

For both of you paying attention to this one sided conversation I'm having with myself you'll be happy to know it was the drivelines that failed. First the rear of course then the front.

No problem I've been hoarding parts in anticipation of getting stupid so I cleaned up a set of mip's I picked up used and ran a tap through the ends and a die over the grub screws so the red threadlocker would hold.

I HIGHLY recommend that black tray for keeping a work area dirt, mud and snow free. It was under $3 at wallymart. Well worth the price.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Brushless power kicks ass. Love the old drivelines :P
They look like stampede lines, VXL system i tossed in my kids 2wd did the same thing to them, not to that extent tho

You a walmart salesman now too huh?

rigs are looking good, need to get some video of that blazer snow bashing.
MotoMudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Yea they were stampede or jato something along those lines. They worked great when I was running a 55 turn motor.

Sue me I live in suburbia hell within a couple miles of here so I spend a lot of time there. The mat kicks ass though, its for putting shoes in by the door I think.

No video tonight, my ol lady has a wicked stomach flu, maybe I'll get her to hobble out tomorrow to shoot some crappy cell phone video.

I dropped the body 1/2" and it makes a huge difference in drifting go figure. Need to cut the fenders a big more still but it works.

The body doesn't ride this low normally its just a nice thick coating of snow on the inside.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #125
Quarry Creeper

Hey white trash...I'm digging the liner as well. Are they in the automotive section? Looks like a auto floor liner.
Bronco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #126
Rock Crawler

I have one of the last Trans Ams that were produced (02 was the last year) and I have two small factory tie downs in the cargo area. I have a similar tray and use two small bungees to keep my nasty crawlers from rolling off on the carpet. I can actually keep mine and the boys' two crawlers on it after we go wheeling.
isyeskeert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #127
I wanna be Dave

The plastic tray is in the welcome/door mat section. It sure makes it nice to just let the snow melt off then carefully walk it to the bathroom to dump the water down the sink.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #128
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
For both of you paying attention to this one sided conversation I'm having with myself
I laughed.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
I laughed.

Glad someone is laughing other than just me.

'Nother day 'nother busted part. I put the sx's on last night, ran then this am and promptly took out a shaft. Roklox just went back in.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #130
Pebble Pounder

Lol, jesus christ your breaking shit left and right.
I see that I must stick with my 55 turn.

Truck looks alot better 1/2" lower. and packed with snow

Hehe, Walmart thanks you
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Yea I'm finding lots of weak parts lately. Need to either do the xr mod to this one too or just bite the bullet and order up some VP vvd's, its the same cost in the end.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Even I'm impressed with this one and that's saying somethin'!

Looks like it held on for about 380* before it snapped off. Guess I need to take the weight out of the tires and upgrade shafts. This stock stuff is ok for what I'm doing but I just put in my last spare so I gotta tone it down a bit.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #133
Pebble Pounder

Wow, I've never seen someone so happy to break parts. But that is a good break
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Meh breakage is just God's way of showing us we need to upgrade.

I'm not even sure what did that shaft in. It's dry out and I was just doing monster truck jumps over a couple sticks of 1 1/2" dom tubing laying next to the driveway.

I'm fawking in love with this brushless setup. I think I'll send in my dead sv2 for a refurb then put it in the tuber with this 4 pole motor geared lower. That should be a wicked combo to crawl with. Then I'll pick up a higher output 4 pole for the basher and leave the mamba maxx in it.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #135
Pebble Pounder

That sounds like a good plan. Castles 4 pole motors are awesome, but you should try sensored if you get a chance. Makes a big difference in low end.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

I was fully planning on going with an MMP and sensored 4 pole motor but this is actually rather smooth on the bottom even with stock gearing. I figure its worth a shot to try it geared way down before I go buying new crap.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #137
Pebble Pounder

gearing down should make it even better I'd think. IIRC the cogging happens at low RPM's.

If it aint broke, dont fix it. Just play harder till it is broke
Old 01-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Yea its low rpm cogging. The magnets are really strong in brushless motors so it is hard to be smooth at ultra low rpm like a brushed motor can. My 55 turn Holmes in my tuber is butter smooth but has no top end for launching obstacles. If I can find a combo that is as smooth on the bottom as the Holmes and has the mid range/ top end of the castle brushless I'd be in heaven and likely have a large pile of broken parts to show for it.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #139
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Yea its low rpm cogging. The magnets are really strong in brushless motors so it is hard to be smooth at ultra low rpm like a brushed motor can. My 55 turn Holmes in my tuber is butter smooth but has no top end for launching obstacles. If I can find a combo that is as smooth on the bottom as the Holmes and has the mid range/ top end of the castle brushless I'd be in heaven and likely have a large pile of broken parts to show for it.

Tekin Pro4 3300 and MMP.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #140
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Tekin Pro4 3300 and MMP.

That's what I've been reading. Smells like I need to order up a alloy trans case, hd motor mount plate and some 32 pitch gears.

The new bling hotness - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HR Main gear case. Bling bling or a must have? matts175 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 15 01-20-2012 10:43 AM
*Bling Bling* Scale License Plate Frames Krawler Konceptz Scale Accessories 9 01-11-2011 11:30 AM
I De-Blung the Bling, Bling. The ONLY-WAY to run the 40s! PinchFlat Tires and Wheels 42 01-06-2005 04:39 PM