Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Much appreciated. I guess mine is correct then. Just seems like the rear axle would benefit from being turned forward more. Similar to the angle of the front axle.
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #242
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
Much appreciated. I guess mine is correct then. Just seems like the rear axle would benefit from being turned forward more. Similar to the angle of the front axle.
My fronts I lengthened the front lower links to match the rear lower links. I wanted the front axle to have the pinion shaft parallel to the ground so that I can get some positive caster. The way the rear you could always use a shorter upper link to have less pinion angle.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #243
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
hopefully this could help...
Front Axle
[/URL]
Rear Axle

just gotta remember that the front end on my setup is not how VP has it setup.
Say I think I have my front upper links on wrong, could you post a side shot on yours? Or am I just seeing things.
Maddog Madigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #244
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog Madigan View Post
Say I think I have my front upper links on wrong, could you post a side shot on yours? Or am I just seeing things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6YRv8arKc

I think they explain it around 3:05 into the video.

Jim
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #245
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The front uppers are the bent links with the short end towards the center of the truck.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #246
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTMI View Post
The front uppers are the bent links with the short end towards the center of the truck.
Hmm mine are backwards from this and have clearance all around. Anything wrong with running it with the short end of the bent links towards the front?
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #247
Pebble Pounder

"Since I used a Tekin B1R speed controller as my light controller I was able to turn off and on certain lights at certain points."

HOW????
rc crawler boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #248
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The video Jim posted really helps to explain which link goes where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6YRv8arKc

I think they explain it around 3:05 into the video.

Jim
Thanks Jim see you Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTMI View Post
yes sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruins89 View Post
Hmm mine are backwards from this and have clearance all around. Anything wrong with running it with the short end of the bent links towards the front?
If it clears everything in your rig on full flex and full compression then you're good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc crawler boy View Post
"Since I used a Tekin B1R speed controller as my light controller I was able to turn off and on certain lights at certain points."

HOW????
I have four different light systems for various lights. When powering the B1R up in voltage each system requires a certain amount of voltage to turn on hence I'm able to do what it does.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #249
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Soon, very soon

Thank You

Please do use this as a reference, Thank You

Great I'm glad I could help Thank You

Thank You, I'm glad I was able go show some peeps like yourself the finished rig at RCX!.

I have yet to have a problem with the telemetry being wet (my Honcho is setup exactly the same and it has been in several bath dumps and it's still ticking like the day it is new) plus they are just sensors that aren't required to keep the vehicle running which is the main concern when water proofing this rig. As for the boxes for the traxxas you are correct that they are designed for rx wires which are around 22 guage or 24 guage but remember the boxes includes grease which is used to fill in the gaps where the foams fail to seal. Also with all of the heavy guage wires of the battery and motor, there's barely if not any room for liquid to pass through because they are all squished into there. Hopefully this makes sense.
Hi Michael,

In regards to waterproofing, what are you doing to protect that Redline ROC 412 from the water?
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #250
RCC Addict

This thing is so sick, glad I got to see it in person. You're lucky it didn't "disappear."
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #251
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump1 View Post
Hi Michael,

In regards to waterproofing, what are you doing to protect that Redline ROC 412 from the water?
The only thing I have done was seal up all of the extra motor screw with grub screws with Loctite there were 4 total. I did that to my honcho and ran all of Axialfest with not one hiccup.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #252
Quarry Creeper

What about the hole where the 3 tabs come out for the motor wires?
65BAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #253
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
If the sensor PCB is coated with something like CorrosionX or that new Krylon stuff then you don't have to really worry about it. I still am not big on getting my stuff wet.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #254
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
If the sensor PCB is coated with something like CorrosionX or that new Krylon stuff then you don't have to really worry about it. I still am not big on getting my stuff wet.

Quote:
I don't own an ROC 412 so I can't really say. However, I wonder if some silicone would work. I'm a believer in silicone and use it on my stock Axial ESC and BEC. I have taken my SCX10 Toyota in water deeper than anything I encountered at Axialfest.

Quote:
The only thing I have done was seal up all of the extra motor screw with grub screws with Loctite there were 4 total. I did that to my honcho and ran all of Axialfest with not one hiccup.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. The water crossings at Axialfest weren't too deep at least for the 1.9 Adventurists. I can't say for the Ultra Class.

As I stated to you at Axialfest, I was really impressed to see you Honcho climb past us as we winched our way up. An unforgettable memory that made quite an impression on me that I started to research the brushless ROC 412.

How would you compare the performance of the ROC 412 vs. the Tekin 35T motor?

Thank you
Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #255
Rock Crawler

Quote:
From my experience I would much rather keep that pointing up and not sealed up because if any moisture got into the motor it can still breathe through that area. The one person I trust the most on electronics said below \/ (Ty) the most important thing on the motor to keep from any kind of H2O is the sensor PCB.

Quote:
Thank You for chiming in Ty, I am also glad the Jeep didn't disappear over the weekend lol Momma would not be happy at all lol.

Quote:
I don't own an ROC 412 so I can't really say. However, I wonder if some silicone would work. I'm a believer in silicone and use it on my stock Axial ESC and BEC. I have taken my SCX10 Toyota in water deeper than anything I encountered at Axialfest.

---

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The water crossings at Axialfest weren't too deep at least for the 1.9 Adventurists. I can't say for the Ultra Class.

As I stated to you at Axialfest, I was really impressed to see you Honcho climb past us as we winched our way up. An unforgettable memory that made quite an impression on me that I started to research the brushless ROC 412.

How would you compare the performance of the ROC 412 vs. the Tekin 35T motor?

Thank you
Axialfest water lines were fairly shallow except for some who took the rigs in for a good dip. lol Silicone could help seal stuff up but like I said from my experiences of fully dipping a sensored brushless motor once the moisture goes in and touches the sensor board the esc would just go sensorless until it is dry so leaving some place for moisture to escape would help (even fully sealed I have found water will always find a way in. Worst case scenario you may just have to replace the Sensor PCB which is better than replacing the motor, the price we pay to play in the water.

I know exactly how you feel about the Honcho on the climb lol. I too was super impressed with the rig because it could never do that before with the old tires and motor.

In my honest opinion the Tekin 35t should never be compared to the ROC 412. The ROC 412 once dialed in correctly is such an amazing motor, the wheel speed is exceptional without having to gear up a ton. I get 13mph out of both my Honcho & Jeep JK on 20/87 gear setup. The torque on the other is awesome just like the speed, if you get this motor please be prepared to use HD everything, steel everything, and ready to find weak links. I'm still finding weak links on my honcho even though it work great with every other system I have had on it.

It was good seeing you and your son at Axialfest I hope to see you guys again soon.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #256
Rock Crawler

Quote:
From my experience I would much rather keep that pointing up and not sealed up because if any moisture got into the motor it can still breathe through that area. The one person I trust the most on electronics said below \/ (Ty) the most important thing on the motor to keep from any kind of H2O is the sensor PCB.

Thank You for chiming in Ty, I am also glad the Jeep didn't disappear over the weekend lol Momma would not be happy at all lol.

Axialfest water lines were fairly shallow except for some who took the rigs in for a good dip. lol Silicone could help seal stuff up but like I said from my experiences of fully dipping a sensored brushless motor once the moisture goes in and touches the sensor board the esc would just go sensorless until it is dry so leaving some place for moisture to escape would help (even fully sealed I have found water will always find a way in. Worst case scenario you may just have to replace the Sensor PCB which is better than replacing the motor, the price we pay to play in the water.

I know exactly how you feel about the Honcho on the climb lol. I too was super impressed with the rig because it could never do that before with the old tires and motor.

In my honest opinion the Tekin 35t should never be compared to the ROC 412. The ROC 412 once dialed in correctly is such an amazing motor, the wheel speed is exceptional without having to gear up a ton. I get 13mph out of both my Honcho & Jeep JK on 20/87 gear setup. The torque on the other is awesome just like the speed, if you get this motor please be prepared to use HD everything, steel everything, and ready to find weak links. I'm still finding weak links on my honcho even though it work great with every other system I have had on it.

It was good seeing you and your son at Axialfest I hope to see you guys again soon.
Thank you for replying and your input. The only thing I had to go by is what's posted on Tekin's web site which reads "the 412 gives 3S LiPo / 35T brushed crawler speeds with 2S LiPo / 55T brushed precision and feel" so I assumed the 35T was equivalent in speed to the ROC 412.

For now, I'll stick with my 35T/FX-R combo in my Jeep build and see how that performs. Thanks again for your insight and my apologies for digressing from your build thread and it was good to see you at Axialfest. I'm glad we were able to make it.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #257
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thank you for replying and your input. The only thing I had to go by is what's posted on Tekin's web site which reads "the 412 gives 3S LiPo / 35T brushed crawler speeds with 2S LiPo / 55T brushed precision and feel" so I assumed the 35T was equivalent in speed to the ROC 412.

For now, I'll stick with my 35T/FX-R combo in my Jeep build and see how that performs. Thanks again for your insight and my apologies for digressing from your build thread and it was good to see you at Axialfest. I'm glad we were able to make it.
On 2S the 3100 is about the same as 35T/3S speeds and 2S/55T precision crawling. Both being on 2S, the 3100 ROC is a lot faster than the 35T.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #258
Pebble Pounder

Never run a Roc412,

But I have ran 45 and 55t

However I just changed motors on my JK and ordered the 35T Pro Hand wound. If no one else has chimed in on it once I amd up and running I will give my feedback on the HD Pro 35.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #259
Rock Crawler

Quote:
On 2S the 3100 is about the same as 35T/3S speeds and 2S/55T precision crawling. Both being on 2S, the 3100 ROC is a lot faster than the 35T.
Ty, thank you for the clarification. Now I have a better understanding for comparison purposes. I'll be running 3s. Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #260
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ty, thank you for the clarification. Now I have a better understanding for comparison purposes. I'll be running 3s. Thanks again.
3S on the 3100 is some Pham speed for sure haha, it's pretty fast!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/423278-phams-vp-axial-scx-10-jk-jeep-wrangler-unlmited-rubicon-unlimited-budget-project.html
Posted By For Type Date
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 06:13 PM
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 01:22 AM

Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rubi_con_Arni - Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon perseus71 Axial SCX-10 79 08-11-2015 11:44 PM
Axial SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon jason Scale Videos! 16 11-03-2013 09:27 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - AX90028 BENDER Axial SCX-10 379 07-02-2013 10:57 PM
Axial Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited #2 Rivas Concepts Scale Videos! 0 12-17-2012 10:48 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM