Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 AM   #161

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

very nice build, I have a question here that what is the 4 mounts that mount the sliders, is it aluminium ones or you just painted them silver? if they are aluminum can you tell me the part number and where to buy them?
pelucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #162
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Very Impressive! Excellent work with the light wiring.
nightster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #163
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelucas View Post
very nice build, I have a question here that what is the 4 mounts that mount the sliders, is it aluminium ones or you just painted them silver? if they are aluminum can you tell me the part number and where to buy them?
Those sliders mount are aluminum but there isn't a current part number for them yet because they are not yet released Can you guess where they came from??? Starts with a V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightster View Post
Very Impressive! Excellent work with the light wiring.
Thank You!
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #164

What is the total weight of your truck and are you having any temperature issues?
oscarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #165
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarv View Post
What is the total weight of your truck and are you having any temperature issues?
Current truck weight is almost right at 8lbs or 3.6kg. Since I am not done with this project yet the weight may go up a little bit. The truck has never been driven outside so I don't know about any Temp issues, that's why it still looks brand new.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

Well guys and gals, I have been waiting to make this update for a while. Last night Sam from RC Rock Armor fitted the new bumper / fairlead on the Jeep and dropped in the new Quicksand winch to top it off. I am very happy with the way it looks, bumper is using the VP cms servo mount still. Now I just gotta finsh wiring more lights (chassis / bumpers) and wire up the winch and I think I'm good to go. Anyways on to the pics hope you guys enjoy them.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

That bumper looks amazing on there
Wraith913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #168
Pebble Pounder

I love the bumper!is it already available?
buddamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #169
Rock Crawler

What did you do with the CMS.
MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #170
Quarry Creeper

Not a single scratch.
nersik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith913 View Post
That bumper looks amazing on there
I'm very happy with the bumper Sam from RC Rock Armor really took care of me on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddamonk View Post
I love the bumper!is it already available?
If you contact Sam I'm sure he could make one for ya. Or PM me and I send you the contact info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
What did you do with the CMS.
Not sure what you mean, it's still there

Quote:
Originally Posted by nersik View Post
Not a single scratch.
No, sir! Won't be driven outside until I consider it done.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #172
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

Looks very cool! If you want to be all in - consider the Poyson Spider stuff from KK

BR
Daniel
daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #173
Rock Crawler

Can I get the vp cms setup for my curries I have 2sets one on this jeep?
mtgrizzlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #174
Rock Stacker

Do you have any idea on how much u spent on this rig?? It looks insane!
Jigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #175
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post

Not sure what you mean, it's still there.
I thought the RRA bumper mount was in the way on the VP CMS mount.
MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #176
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniels View Post
Hi,

Looks very cool! If you want to be all in - consider the Poyson Spider stuff from KK

BR
Daniel
Thanks Daniel, I plan on doing scale accesories last I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgrizzlymn View Post
Can I get the vp cms setup for my curries I have 2sets one on this jeep?
They aren't out yet these are proto types but keep your eyes peeled they should be out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigs View Post
Do you have any idea on how much u spent on this rig?? It looks insane!
Thanks, I'm not really done with the rig yet but for a price at retail should be in the $3k to $4k once it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgreenjeep1 View Post
Looks awsome
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
I thought the RRA bumper mount was in the way on the VP CMS mount.
You are correct! BUT Sam did set me up with a modified bumper for just this rig.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #177
Pebble Pounder

Hey man I love this build.

I am currently doing 2 builds at once A SCX10 Wrangler builders kit and a Custom scaler using MRC Axles (jeepster commando) The Jeepster's killing me since everything is is going to have to be fabbed to fit it, not to a true scale. only 9.5 WB you getthe idea

But not to Hijack and back to what I like most and would like to see. Your electronics! man that is so friggin clean, I try to keep mine pretty clean my EXO terra Buggy is about the cleanest I have ever got the wiring and its still not what I would consider close to what you did.

I like the E Maxx Box and and what the other box is? Also Would love to see how you mounted Battery?

Ive got 90% of my stuff for my SCX10 build in, Pro Line scaler (love em like you do) I am runnin a the Tekin 55t FXR and would like to do the box mod you did but I need to put my batery up front . SO if you have pics of how you mounted battery please let me know.

Alo about reversing the motor, thats kind of new to me. I build for fun not Comps or anything, maybe someone can chime in on what you did or if you can do that using stock AXIAL parts, or if I need the upgraded stuff to do so. and does it interfere with Battery Placement.

Dave
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #178
Pebble Pounder

DaveFL - let's see your Jeepster build. Link?
Antisimplistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Hey man I love this build.

I am currently doing 2 builds at once A SCX10 Wrangler builders kit and a Custom scaler using MRC Axles (jeepster commando) The Jeepster's killing me since everything is is going to have to be fabbed to fit it, not to a true scale. only 9.5 WB you getthe idea

But not to Hijack and back to what I like most and would like to see. Your electronics! man that is so friggin clean, I try to keep mine pretty clean my EXO terra Buggy is about the cleanest I have ever got the wiring and its still not what I would consider close to what you did.

I like the E Maxx Box and and what the other box is? Also Would love to see how you mounted Battery?

Ive got 90% of my stuff for my SCX10 build in, Pro Line scaler (love em like you do) I am runnin a the Tekin 55t FXR and would like to do the box mod you did but I need to put my batery up front . SO if you have pics of how you mounted battery please let me know.

Alo about reversing the motor, thats kind of new to me. I build for fun not Comps or anything, maybe someone can chime in on what you did or if you can do that using stock AXIAL parts, or if I need the upgraded stuff to do so. and does it interfere with Battery Placement.

Dave
Thanks Dave I try my best to keep my wires clean as possible while having a bunch of stuff going on. The best thing to do to make wires look clean is planning where your electronics will be, shortening or lengthening wires needed excess tend to make things not look clean, while bundling wires to make sure it's easy to disconnect or clean later.

As for your build I would put the FXR and Castle BEC in the E-Maxx rx box and mounted as I did on top of the rear crossmember. I have not cut my battery plate yet to mount my battery but it will simply be placed between my front shock hoops and servo on top of the original Axial rx Box (I will post a picture of it once it is done) Also note I will be running to some people small batteries they are Thunder Power 2250mah 3S 65c Battery, so the amount of room needed is a bit less than a standard rc battery size.

I have two other box made my Traxxas and one is a Traxxas Stampede RX box which house the Airtronics RX on top of the sliders mount and the other box is a Traxxas 2wd slash RX box which houses my Tekin FXR, Tekin B1R, and a castle BEC. That is mounted vertically between the Axial RX box and front of the transmission.

As for reversing the Motor what I did is really simple and easy for you to replicate. Just take the skid plate on your truck and turn it 180 degrees around so that the motor sits on the passenger side of the chassis, transmission sits on the driver side and the pinion gear, spur gear, and spur gear cover is forward of the chassis. Then reverse the motor wires so that the polarity is the opposite of before. With your Tekin 55t you won't notice much of a difference because that motor doesn't have much rpm coming out of it as say a brushless system. Doing a transmission flip will not effect your battery placement at all.

Hopefully this all will answer your question and you get what you're looking for.

Last edited by nissan_driver24; 04-30-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Spelling Error Clean Up
Old 05-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #180
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisimplistic View Post
DaveFL - let's see your Jeepster build. Link?
This is my 1:1 Rig, and my ideas,

Jeepster Commando needs some refresher help

Here is a link but Pics are down due to my max hosting.

Also everything I started out, I revamped and started from scratch. I had to take A Hiatus on the RC builds with the birth on our latest son.

1.5 Scale of my 1:1 1970 Jeepster not a Bullnose

I will try and get some pics up on where I am at and post them. But I may push this back a bit due to frame problems and FInish my SCX10.

Just having a real tuff time getting the tubing bent the way I need it to fit and work on the Jeepster. Im actaully thinking now I am going to draw out the frame and take it to a friend and have him CNC cut two frame rail out of solif 1/8 think metal stock, then I can braze or weld to that.

Again not meant to HIjack post!

SOrry

Dave

BTW Im looking for way to Put Leafs on MRC axles anyone done it our nows of a way of part I can use to do it link it or PM me!
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/423278-phams-vp-axial-scx-10-jk-jeep-wrangler-unlmited-rubicon-unlimited-budget-project.html
Posted By For Type Date
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 06:13 PM
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 01:22 AM

Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rubi_con_Arni - Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon perseus71 Axial SCX-10 79 08-11-2015 11:44 PM
Axial SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon jason Scale Videos! 16 11-03-2013 09:27 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - AX90028 BENDER Axial SCX-10 379 07-02-2013 10:57 PM
Axial Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited #2 Rivas Concepts Scale Videos! 0 12-17-2012 10:48 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM