Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #141
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Wow, awesome wiring job. Everything looks terrific, but I'm not really feeling the exo bar.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
The lighting and the wiring turned out perfectly! Very clean work!

X2 on the exo bar. DTP opened my eyes. It's not horrible, but seems out of place for the build.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisimplistic View Post
First class work! What wire wrap are you using?
Thanks Wire wrap is only shrink tubing.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #142
RCC Addict

Amazing build!
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #143

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

I feel as if i am in awwwwwwww over this truck. simply amazing if you ask me.
Hotrodclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 PM   #144
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Time for another update!!! This took me hours and hours to do but I think it came out alright, sad part is I'm not done yet. Anyways were wiring lights!

It started like this

After what seemed like a million hours.

Going backwards my good friend Zonkerd (Elio) hooked me up with some Axial Jeep JK light buckets that came from his Wraith Currie Jeep JK. So I could make some real headlights. Using the light bucket of a Integy 4 row light bar I took 2 of the 4 individual buckets to use to house my crazy headlights I used epoxy to mount it to the ring and I had to carefully ream the hole the size of the optics. Each Integy bucket houses two LEDs one is a small 3mm blue led for a halo light and a Cree LED for my headlights.

So which leads me to show you guys what it looks like right now.

I used an Exo Terra rear light bar to house some LEDS, I'm not sure if I like or not yet but it was a good way to add more LEDs in the back. I also installed the Dinky RC rear tail light buckets, I tossed the front end stuff all together cause it doesn't work with the VP cms setup (servo would hit it)

What may seem like a small update of just installing Lights seem like years to do because there are so many wires to deal with. Also the headlight setup alone took several times of trial and error. Let me know what you guys think.
What!......do I think. All the bitchen work you did and than you throw on the light bar on the rear, come on Mike, that is totally out of place. YOU....can do better
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #145
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
Amazing build!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodclint View Post
I feel as if i am in awwwwwwww over this truck. simply amazing if you ask me.
Thanks Guys I appreciate the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
What!......do I think. All the bitchen work you did and than you throw on the light bar on the rear, come on Mike, that is totally out of place. YOU....can do better
Mike this is why I like your old self. lol I have taken your thoughts into consideration. Thank You

Last edited by nissan_driver24; 04-04-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #146
RCC Addict

That's what friends are for Mike, to give each other shit. Hahaha.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #147

Wicked thread. Read it threw a few times and just would like to know if the cms is home made?? Looks real sweet. Cheers
adz4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #148
Pebble Pounder

It's from Vanquish. Coming soon, he said.
Antisimplistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #149
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz4play View Post
Wicked thread. Read it threw a few times and just would like to know if the cms is home made?? Looks real sweet. Cheers
Thanks it's what Antisimplistic said, CMS is from VP for the Currie Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisimplistic View Post
It's from Vanquish. Coming soon, he said.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:02 AM   #150
Rock Crawler

I know it has been a while since I have done an update and yes the rig is still no done. Hopefully it will be done within the next month. So here's a small update.

To start things off I decided to finally pick a driveline for this rig, the stock stuff has been sitting on the rig during the build but I am not a big fan of them. Since the release of the Vaterra Twin Hammers I picked one up when work got them in stock and pulled out all of the stock electronics for a crazy Tekin RX8 ESC and Tekin Pro4 4000kv motor long story short I have been beating the hell out of it and the driveline hasn't failed me once. Very strong, light weight, and low profile compared to MIPs. So here we go with the pics.

Parts!!!

Tools and how it looks apart

Finished one

The only issue with these driveline is the fact the set screw hole is set a bit more shallow than Axial's so I got some shims and o-rings to fill in the gap to keep the bearing from sliding out.

Parts

Next I wanted to try out swapping one of the lower Titanium links pair to a 1/4 size rather than the 3/16 that came from the Currie link kit. After it's all said and one I will be swapping the front one also so that all of the lower links are 1/4 size. I like the way they look and they will slide better since there is no step from Ti to the rod end.

Lastly Mad Skinz sent me there awesome Jeep JK Bikini top. I think it looks awsome and came out really really nice.

Hope you guys enjoy this update. Stay tuned for more
Old 04-10-2013, 03:40 AM   #151
I wanna be Dave

So what's next?

Rob
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:50 AM   #152
RCC Addict

Like the 1/4 size links.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Needs one more lightbar on the bumper......
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #154
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
So what's next?

Rob
Rob hopefully not to much more.
- New front bumper
- Quicksand Winch installed and wire
- Add and wire Chassis lights all around
- Add connector for chassis to body for light system
- New tire foams
- Mill battery plate to correct size

Then test and tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
Like the 1/4 size links.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Needs one more lightbar on the bumper......
Bumper is in the making at the moment how that comes out may depend on if there will be a light bar on it or not.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Rob hopefully not to much more.
- New front bumper
- Quicksand Winch installed and wire
- Add and wire Chassis lights all around
- Add connector for chassis to body for light system
- New tire foams
- Mill battery plate to correct size

Then test and tune
Nice list could use more scale for the body
Keep up the awesome work

Rob
Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #156
I wanna be Dave

The bikini is super sharp and the drive shafts...hmmmm.... Nice post
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #157
Pebble Pounder

Read this from start to finish and got to say wow! Love the axles, the LEDs look awesome it just a complete, solid build! Makes the standard scx10 axles look like a cheap toy ;)
Moorin90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #158
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
Nice list could use more scale for the body
Keep up the awesome work

Rob
Thank You, I try my best to do scale stuff on this rig, tell you the truth I suck at it lol so again I'll try my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
The bikini is super sharp and the drive shafts...hmmmm.... Nice post
I know the drive shafts aren't MIPs which I typically use and so does most of the population, but they have held up so well on my twin hammers I figure I would give it a try. Bikini top is very clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorin90 View Post
Read this from start to finish and got to say wow! Love the axles, the LEDs look awesome it just a complete, solid build! Makes the standard scx10 axles look like a cheap toy ;)
Thank You appreciate the kind comment, I'm glad you enjoyed it. lol standard scx10 axles do look cheaper than these bad boy but they still work well.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #159

Best documented build i've seen in awhile. Question - how does the spur gear adapter mount on the ax30197 dr. gear shaft? i see in your pics how the spur gear mounts to adapter. where can i get that adapter?
dlm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #160
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm7 View Post
Best documented build i've seen in awhile. Question - how does the spur gear adapter mount on the ax30197 dr. gear shaft? i see in your pics how the spur gear mounts to adapter. where can i get that adapter?
Thank You, the spur gear adapter mount just slides over the ax30197 dr. gear shaft, the adapter part number is AX10-02/GR, google that exact part number to find a store that carries it.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/423278-phams-vp-axial-scx-10-jk-jeep-wrangler-unlmited-rubicon-unlimited-budget-project.html
Posted By For Type Date
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 06:13 PM
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 01:22 AM

Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rubi_con_Arni - Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon perseus71 Axial SCX-10 79 08-11-2015 11:44 PM
Axial SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon jason Scale Videos! 16 11-03-2013 09:27 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - AX90028 BENDER Axial SCX-10 379 07-02-2013 10:57 PM
Axial Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited #2 Rivas Concepts Scale Videos! 0 12-17-2012 10:48 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM