Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: Robbobs Not reinventing the wheel ........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #281
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: Robbobs Not reinventing the wheel ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
Good to see ya back at it Robbob. Your build's on point as usual.

J.D.
Thanks man. Feels good tinkering with toys again.

Im with Winner ..... we gonna see you popping up again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
J.Dizzle!
Is it almost time to say the same to you!?

Hey Robbob.. Your trophy has my name on it! ;)
Way to Kill course 3! Only person in the negatives? With a -36!? Murrrddaaa!!!

My GF saw the kid in me after course 3, I was ear to ear grin. Def felt good just having a solid run like that.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #282
Custom Carbon Fiber

Video from course 1 ........ one thing I do notice is how stiff the truck looks driving around. Its smooth and squats right out but gotta work on that stiff feel a bit.

Fun course though

Old 11-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #283
I wanna be Dave

Nice driving, I need a rock garden like that..
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:04 PM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Just watched the videos on your YouTube channel. The 1st bonus in the video below is an awesome gate Great driving.
https://youtu.be/kyQ1q-eiQiI
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:48 AM   #285
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Just watched the videos on your YouTube channel. The 1st bonus in the video below is an awesome gate Great driving.
https://youtu.be/kyQ1q-eiQiI
That's no joke.

Killer line Rob.
Krawler Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #286
Pebble Pounder

that is some good driving!!!
very nice. love that rig.
jason1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:45 PM   #287
Stephan Hauser / # 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Last week was talking motors with Winnerone and well after some arm twisting (not really much) he convinced me I wouldnt win unless I had HH motors in. I tried to tell him I already have HH motors but he insisted I needed new ones. But hey these are from 2012 and I know how to work motors so they been doing good. He again insisted ..... You wont want anything else after these...
...i remembered and i was smiling, but also driver and 5th' chassies made a great job

Congrats Bob! Great performance!

Last edited by ZZR 1100 Racer; 11-09-2015 at 04:48 PM.
ZZR 1100 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:45 AM   #288
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_b View Post
Uh oh. A vendor star + a new build = better have a comfortable place to sit cause this build is going to take FOREVER!

So true again ...... trucks sitting in a plastic container in pieces

But getting some fresh ideas thrown at it and a couple of XR changes done to my Dominator for a little experimenting.

Parts are on order - boxes are rolling in - work bench has some room cleaned off - cant wait to get this monster back together. Will have some pics starting to come up soon.

Cant wait for 2016 to start coming together
Old 01-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #289
Quarry Creeper

I believe I heard Mr. Purp in that vid.
barrybelvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:21 PM   #290
Custom Carbon Fiber

So friday was xmas

I got some new links for the 2.2S rig .... some plastic rings to play with and a pencil with a straw. For now lets look at that straw ..... what was in it?

Sweet baby jesus shes beatuiful! One piece Ti axle for my Xr and a reason for my botched aluminum axle setup.

So heres what Im pulling out - some 6mm Ti axles that are still working great but needed a rest.

For this monster with NO SLOP. Notice if you will the pin used to hold the axle in the locker. Its a snug fit in the aluminum center but still removable. Drill a 2mm hole and drop the pin that gets held in place by the bearing. Brilliant.

While I was back there I decided to update my upper links. Using the big Traxxas ball ends They tended to rub a bit on the Dominator chassis. My bends helped aid them but I knew I had to change over. Threw some 1/8 Ti rid on the lathe and threaded it up.

Old

New

Last week was the electrical fun ..... had to clean up the rats nest and oversize smash I did last year. So reworked the HH esc's and was able to drop them closer and still have air flow through them.

And tackle the spaghetti bowl of wires

And last was shocks. I hate building shocks but it has to be done. This time though Im trying the HPI bladders and machined pistons.

I also put a limiter inside, normally I wouldnt because I dont like having to dig in shocks but felt it was needed with these. I usually run the Traxxas shafts that are shorter but I switched over to the Ti SCX shock shafts. This gave me the original length back to them. With the limiter it brought my shock down to 3.5'' eye to eye, something I always liked for shock lengths.

Well thats about it for now ....... got some tire tuning to do and some chassis changes coming down the pipe from the boss man at 5D

Thanks for looking

The plastic rings will get played with this week when x-mas part deux shows up

Last edited by Robbob; 02-20-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:25 PM   #291
Rock Crawler

Looking good!! That rear axle set up is freakin Awesome!!!
blandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:28 PM   #292
Custom Carbon Fiber

And whats February to rock crawlers? Its Xmas time ......

Foams! Ya I got a few things to try.

And some trimming to do for the Purpmart narrow voodoos

Oh and remember those funny looking printed circles? What better rig to test things on then the bosses himself.

But its nice to see we picked the right hardware for our stock

first round of foams together for some hopeful dry weather soon and a little tweak to the bias puts me right were I like.

But still a bit on the need to get lighter side.

Thats all for now ......
Old 02-24-2016, 08:32 PM   #293
I wanna be Dave

Ohhhhhh, those front wheels!!!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:47 PM   #294
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Ohhhhhh, those front wheels!!!

Hearts baby - been running those since last season with no flaws. I love'em
Old 03-09-2016, 09:09 PM   #295
Custom Carbon Fiber

Just one picture for now but have to say ...... asked the boss for a couple XR specific changes I wanted to try to the Dominator and the man came through!

Now thats what I like about being on the 5th Dimension team - not afraid to try different things

Shes already swapped over and can feel positive results, cant wait to tune her up sunday!
Old 03-10-2016, 05:14 AM   #296
Rock Crawler

Sweet!! Look forward to seeing it on the the rocks!! Are you going to have enough time to do your usual paint work on the panels by Sunday though!
Old 03-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #297
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandon View Post
Sweet!! Look forward to seeing it on the the rocks!! Are you going to have enough time to do your usual paint work on the panels by Sunday though!
Panels?

If the rules don't say I need them then its just added weight
Old 03-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #298
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Panels?

If the rules don't say I need them then its just added weight
LOL!! Maybe that's what's weighing my rig down!!
Old 03-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #299
Rock Crawler

Awesome work as usual. This has the makings to be one very competitive summer!!!!!!
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #300
Custom Carbon Fiber

Rhode Island Cash Comp is in the books and OMG what an amazing weekend. For those of you who stayed home let me explain the terrain.

Traction! There was no shortage of it at all, this stuff is the best!

Competition ..... Everyone! No one left anything on the table for the 2.2M class at all. On my 2 hour drive up at 4am all I kept reminding myself was Finish every course. That was my game plan from the get go. I didnt care if I won, lost or blew up .... just finish the courses. With the level of drivers I knew were coming I wasnt asking for miracles.

This truck did not let me down. First course I hit was the one I helped build on and my only DNF for the day. The irony behind that I think settled me down. Rolled on my roof and had some sort of electrical gremlin bite me with a battery still plugged in. It was weird but it happens.

After a little talk with a Krazed Builds team mate I knew I had to listen and just do what he told me. LIMITERS! My theory and his were total opposites but I knew just do it and so glad I did. Threw myself a little 5mm limiter in the rear shocks and wow.

After my next 2 courses I was only points behind him, now that made for some really fun crawling between us and score comparing. When all had settled he still grew a pretty hefty points lead over me but he worked hard for his runs and it all paid, truly paid, off for him.

Definately need to say great job to Troy for his win Saturday. His truck looked great and he wasnt half bad.

Now mine ..... I couldnt have asked for more. I bound this thing up where guys were blowing gears up, breaking steering arms, bending links and wrapping tires. This little Dominator took it all and told me stories along the way. I never felt let down by the truck.

Finals ..... I made it. Consistency and clear headed I put myself in 5th spot for the finals course. I really couldnt believe the drivers I went up against and the pack I was still with. Being unbias I honestly feel no one truck was better then the other. It was a great mix of chassis's in the finals and I was so amazed how the level that was there drove everything.

We got 10 minutes to look over the finals course and find our lines then it was off to our little home in the trees away from it. We got sequestered and couldnt watch anyone run until we did. Amazing!

When the dust settled, actually got blown off the rocks at 30mph winds it was incredible the shake up that took place with points. I did lose one spot for a 6th place finish but I took that as a sign I just ran with National level drivers what the hell more could I have asked for. That alone was a win for me.

I dont have any reall good pictures yet, still waiting to see more posted and steel them but Barry was kind to shoot me a couple he took. You can see the wind blowing my radio strap in one, it was sunny and felt like 30* out there.

I have to say Thank you to everyone! BC-Brian for the show, just incredible what him and the crew did. Bob F, Phil, Jslick for all they put into helping him.

The sponsors were just awesome. Holmes, RCP, BC Crawlers, RCP, Castle, RCBros, Purpmart for sponsoring all the courses. You guys, though you didnt see them, had some of the best courses I have seen in a long time.

Huge thanks to the raffle sponsors as well. I dont think anyone was expecting the level of stuff they won just for competing. Thank you all!
EPA Crawlers - DravTech - Hulkster Engineering - Krawler Knocept - Custom Fiber - Krazed Builds - Lattice Innovations - Y-Town Crawlers - Barrys RC Carbon - Ottsix Voodoo tires - Dlux - 149 RC Worx - Dinogy Lipos - Keystone Splatterhouse - Thank you all!

And personally a big Thank you to my boss man's and team for such a great truck - Cboggs and Kinggee for bringing the 5th Dimension back. Now maybe with some practice I could actually win some day.

Im still just in aww of this weekend - Cant wait for NENC now!

Heres couple shots I got .... hope to steal some more from others posting lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by Robbob; 05-17-2016 at 05:29 AM.

Robbobs Not reinventing the wheel ........ - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Robbobs next level of scale Tundra style Robbob 1.9 Scale Rigs 100 01-28-2016 01:00 PM
Reinventing my AX10...(again) Sucker Punch Chassis time. Master Basher Axial AX-10 Scorpion 70 08-13-2014 08:58 AM
Robbobs LCC Robbob Team Losi Comp Crawler 216 09-09-2011 11:32 AM