Notices

Thread: Who is up for a new comp class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #121
RCC Addict

Default Re: Who is up for a new comp class

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
The shafty class exists...run your scale rigs, who's stopping you? Just keep it 12.5 and under and 2.2 and under...
Pin tires existed, yet you made new ones. Of course if I made overpriced tires that were going to be excluded from a class I might fight against it also.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #122
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Pin tires existed, yet you made new ones. Of course if I made overpriced tires that were going to be excluded from a class I might fight against it also.
Sweet Ted, bash a vendor now, things going south some more.....
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #123
No idea what I'm doing

Before this turns into a 6Sharky9 thread, let's turn it around and get back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
The shafty class exists...run your scale rigs, who's stopping you? Just keep it 12.5 and under and 2.2 and under...
A few pages back, I said that was my plan. I really don't need a separate class since Sporty is still around. I don't mind losing though and plan to use the challenge of just finishing a course to be my motivation. New people may not see it that way, and that's the idea behind a new class...get new people interested. This isn't about changing 2.2P or 2.2S in any way shape or form and it seems that's confusing some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post

Actually Ted, he's been talking about introducing a new 2.2 Scale tire as well, which I think would be perfect for this new class:

Ottsix Scale Tire 1.9 or 2.2

If anyone is serious about a Comp/Scale class, they should build a truck and run it in their local Sporty class. Right up against the 2.2S guys and other Run-Watcha-Brung trucks. Every body on the same courses with the same rules. I highly doubt any club or group would turn you away.

That's what I plan to do.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #124
RCC Addict

Id love to see an RTR class started.

Very limited mods allowed with bolt ons.

Maybe gearing
any 27T motor/35T OR 13.5/17.5 brushless
any 1.9 tires/foams
Any body that fits the wheel base..no wheel well cutting
2s battery limit
No wheel base or width mods.
Just basicly a bare bones rig..nothing fancy.

Just something simple and let it end up being building/engineering and driving skill that can give one an advantage...Not who has more money to spend

Seems like most all the classes are based around sponsors and all about money..Nothing wrong with that as they make events happen but I think that may be part of what keeps people from coming back

Just takes one class that's affordable for everyone to get people moving up if they like it..No sponsors will lose anything to one class..if anything it may give them more business in the future as the noobs advance...Keep it low budget and simple and they will come.

I mean if you really think about it..most of the classes are structured where people think they cant compete unless they can afford the more costly items...so in their head they are done because they cant afford the parts.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 12-21-2013 at 11:04 AM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #125
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Before this turns into a 6Sharky9 thread, let's turn it around and get back on track.

A few pages back, I said that was my plan. I really don't need a separate class since Sporty is still around. I don't mind losing though and plan to use the challenge of just finishing a course to be my motivation. New people may not see it that way, and that's the idea behind a new class...get new people interested. This isn't about changing 2.2P or 2.2S in any way shape or form and it seems that's confusing some people.

Actually Ted, he's been talking about introducing a new 2.2 Scale tire as well, which I think would be perfect for this new class:

Ottsix Scale Tire 1.9 or 2.2

If anyone is serious about a Comp/Scale class, they should build a truck and run it in their local Sporty class. Right up against the 2.2S guys and other Run-Watcha-Brung trucks. Every body on the same courses with the same rules. I highly doubt any club or group would turn you away.

That's what I plan to do.
Right right , the last comp I was at , all I had with me was my wraith . They welcomed it in the sportsman class with open arms . Even with its long wb , so I wasn't just spectating . " i think it would of done well , but I had already trashed a knuckle " or could run one of there sportsman or pro rigs . Great group of guys .
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #126
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbounder View Post
Right right , the last comp I was at , all I had with me was my wraith . They welcomed it in the sportsman class with open arms so I wasn't just spectating . " i think it would of done well , but I had already trashed a knuckle " or could run one of there sportsman or pro rigs . Great group of guys .
For awhile we had a guy who got out of the comp side and went to scalers. He would show up for Sporty night and run his SCX based 2.2. He was actually the one who go me thinking about this.

JeremyH's post about them doing a sporty comp with scale tires only also got me thinking.

Local Sporty is out there. People just have to try building a scaler for it and see what happens.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #127
Rock Crawler

A sportsman class with scale tires and wheels I'd be all over . The body I chose for mine , while not ideal . " every body was using bugs and such " I loved because to me it still sorta looked like a truck . If I would have had some pitbull 2 back then on it , lol I'd prob still have it . I've been looking to build another rig , if we do this class I'm all in .
Old 12-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Right right , the last comp I was at , all I had with me was my wraith . They welcomed it in the sportsman class with open arms . Even with its long wb , so I wasn't just spectating . " i think it would of done well , but I had already trashed a knuckle " or could run one of there sportsman or pro rigs . Great group of guys .
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
A sportsman class with scale tires and wheels I'd be all over .
We ran an entire comp like that once. Winner got beer!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #130
RCC Addict

Just thinking out loud here, but what about a throwback class? A class based on 2005 setups and specs? A class that spec rigs with tech that used around 05-06, nothing more advanced than that. I'm not saying the rig or parts have to be from that year, just that the tech can't be something that was done after that time. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, just popped in my head when reading through what everyone seems to be wanting.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #131
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Just thinking out loud here, but what about a throwback class? A class based on 2005 setups and specs? A class that spec rigs with tech that used around 05-06, nothing more advanced than that. I'm not saying the rig or parts have to be from that year, just that the tech can't be something that was done after that time. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, just popped in my head when reading through what everyone seems to be wanting.
Hmmm like no xr mods - beef tubes ect ect ? I'd find me another black widow chassis . Loved that thing .
Old 12-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hmmm like no xr mods - beef tubes ect ect ? I'd find me another black widow chassis . Loved that thing .
I think he meant no Axial products since they didn't exist until 2007.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #133
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Hmm was it 07' ?!?! Damn ! I can't even remember what I did last week .
Old 12-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I'd be out then. I have absolutely zero desire to run anything with tlt axles. Although my uber maxx is still sitting in a box torn apart but all the parts are there to build a super.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #135
Rock Crawler

What year did the wheely king come out ?
Old 12-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #136
RCC Addict

Quote:
I was not in this sport in 05-06, I just know that's roughly when it started. I don't know all the particular ins and outs at that time, I'm just saying keep it throwback, but I don't think I would totally throw out axial, xr yes, but the scorpion maybe not. Just throw some clod style wheels on it or something, I don't know. Make it easy for anyone to get a rig for, but just have specifics to keep it more old school! 2.2 Throwback Class! That just sounds kool!
Old 12-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #137
No idea what I'm doing

If the intent is to eventually draw new people into 2.2P or 2.2S, I think a throwback class is going in the wrong direction. Keep it modern so it's easier to upgrade into a more competitive truck later.

There was a thread in the Colorado section about a retro class, and it did sound like a lot of fun.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

I think the AX10 came out late summer/fall of 2007. That was the year I went to Nationals in Moab and everyone was running TLT or Clod axles. Just make everyone run Rock Lizards.....that'll even the field
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think the AX10 came out late summer/fall of 2007. That was the year I went to Nationals in Moab and everyone was running TLT or Clod axles. Just make everyone run Rock Lizards.....that'll even the field

Ouch! Rock lizards or moabs etc the old school tires for sure and run a body and no over/under drive gears That's retro enough for me.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #140
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
If the intent is to eventually draw new people into 2.2P or 2.2S, I think a throwback class is going in the wrong direction. Keep it modern so it's easier to upgrade into a more competitive truck later.

There was a thread in the Colorado section about a retro class, and it did sound like a lot of fun.
That's why I say to keep the axial scorpion, parts are easy to get, and that kit is affordable and simple for beginners. Then the hardcore guys that go all out in classes, can go all out with doing the tlt and clod type stuff keeping it mega retro! This makes everyone happy!

Who is up for a new comp class - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 Comp Class? ZNO-RC Newbie General 1 10-04-2010 01:31 PM
New comp class! jason Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 0 10-09-2008 01:03 PM
Colorado Comp #5...........Super Class and 2.2 Class Videos BENDER Videos! 37 06-06-2007 07:46 PM
PARC - December 4th - Rock Racing Comp- Spec/Drivers Class Comp- Get together kevinlongisland Competitions 31 12-06-2005 11:30 PM