Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

You can't even make this shit up.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/animals/don...santorini/amp/
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2018, 05:16 AM   #802
Quarry Creeper

I guess a lot of us 'mericans are vacationing in the Greek Islands!!
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #803
Quarry Creeper

Saw this gem on the way to work this morning.
That camber.
The thing was bouncing and wandering all over the freeway.

59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:40 PM   #804
Quarry Creeper

That's gotta be the dumbest car trend. Hey let me make my car almost undrivable and endanger everyone. I don't know what's worse this car or donks. At least donks have suspension travel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #805
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by motakitty View Post
That's gotta be the dumbest car trend. Hey let me make my car almost undrivable and endanger everyone. I don't know what's worse this car or donks. At least donks have suspension travel.

I'm all about lowered cars but done right with some travel.
This thing was like a skateboard. Just hoping around.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #806
Quarry Creeper

Same here as I drive a lowered car but you need to do it right

Old 08-01-2018, 04:43 PM   #807
Rock Crawler

Angry Re: the WTH thread is back!

I WAS waiting on a 1 5/32" core drill so I could finish a part. I had already started this part when the previous drill locked up in the middle of the third hole, of six total. Those holes are to be reamed to 1.5" after drilling. This is all on a 4-axis mill so the part absolutely HAS to stay true to the way it was oriented when it got started. Today I had to run some long parts in another mill that require the table extensions that are currently in use on that job. My supervisor told me I needed to remove that part from the machine and transfer the extensions. I asked, "So that part is junk, then?" His reply: "Pack your shit and go!"

I got fired because I didn't want to ruin an $8K+ part. I've been at this company for nearly a third of my life. WTF!!! Sorry for the language...maybe I should have posted this in the rant thread.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #808

Default the WTH thread is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ10 View Post
I WAS waiting on a 1 5/32" core drill so I could finish a part. I had already started this part when the previous drill locked up in the middle of the third hole, of six total. Those holes are to be reamed to 1.5" after drilling. This is all on a 4-axis mill so the part absolutely HAS to stay true to the way it was oriented when it got started. Today I had to run some long parts in another mill that require the table extensions that are currently in use on that job. My supervisor told me I needed to remove that part from the machine and transfer the extensions. I asked, "So that part is junk, then?" His reply: "Pack your shit and go!"

I got fired because I didn't want to ruin an $8K+ part. I've been at this company for nearly a third of my life. WTF!!! Sorry for the language...maybe I should have posted this in the rant thread.
Sorry to hear that!

Just a preface. There are two sides to every story. I'm going to assume you didn't omit any major details. If you didn't have any offenses, written warnings, or other reasons you might have been fired then hire a good lawyer ASAP! Even at will states like Pennsylvania don't always allow unfair firings.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #809
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

How did that supervisor get that much power to fire you for being logically right?
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #810
Quarry Creeper

That sucks KJ10 man, sorry to hear that.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:33 AM   #811
Quarry Creeper

Old 08-02-2018, 04:07 PM   #812
Quarry Creeper

I wish it was legal to be able to beat the s@#t out of stupid people these days.
Some how these idiots need to be taught a lesson.

Old 08-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #813
Quarry Creeper

Old 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM   #814
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Damn thats unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that. I was going to post some random story but I feel like it pails in comparison.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #815
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by motakitty View Post
Same here as I drive a lowered car but you need to do it right
100% agree. I did mine 1.5" Front and 1" Rear. Rides the same as stock if not better, is safe and looks better. Guess that happens when it's an engineered system compared to a blowtorch cutting springs endangering everyone else.
Attached Images

cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #816
Quarry Creeper

Some cars your only options are to cut the springs. Some take to it better than others and don't go over board

Old 08-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #817
I wanna be Dave

I think whats more troubling than how low the VIP/stance nation cars are is the fact that they stretch skinny tires onto wider rims and then drive on the F-ing sidewalls!!!! No tire is intended for this and I almost wish a company would just make a tire properly that looks like a stretched tire just for the sake of safety.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #818
I wanna be Dave

I hear ya - and this is my other automotive pet-peeve - "Elbow" wire wheels:

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:09 PM   #819
I wanna be Dave

Huh, luckily I've never seen that before. Its like a new age curb feeler, lol I dont know who in their right mind would think those look anything but atrocious

I cant find a great picture of it at the moment but one of my favorites is when someone buys a big roll of chrome door protector (strip/U channel) and they absolutely go to town putting it on every sheet metal seam they can manage to fit it into, it breaks up the lines of the car a ton even if just used on the doors alone but my god when its on every edge of every panel it looks remarkably terrible. They must figure hey I've got 50' more of this I might as well use it all.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-03-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #820
Quarry Creeper

I call those cars kragens specials or I guess orielys special

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM