Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: the WTH thread is back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #841
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

^^That's some freaky shit right there. Been through one, don't care to ever repeat the experience.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #842
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That chick is a see you next Tuesday...

Checkout this video of getting caught in a tornado! Both awesome and WTF all at once!

Ohhhh Noo No No No No No No No No F-in way would i last that long. I shit myself and go mental. That;s nightmare stuff right there.

The truck didn't move not because it was heavy with Balls of Steel but Balls from Mars. You guys and Gals are freakin nuts. Glad there are people like that collecting as much data as possible to help forewarning towns, people and property.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #843
Pebble Pounder

I had a contractor lined up to handle my hookup to city natural gas. This was the same contractor I gave a boatload of money to three years ago when I had my boiler replaced. The estimator came out and did a quote. It was reasonable and I gave them my debit card number so they could take a 30% deposit. It turns out they overcharged me on the deposit. It wasn't a huge amount, but, living paycheck to paycheck like most average folks, it wasn't budgeted. I called the contractor and explained the situation. The estimator called me and said yes there was an error and would look into it. Right after, I got a call from the account manager. This guy was a complete douche. I explained the situation to him. His response was that they would credit me on the other end. I said that was unacceptable, as they were the ones that made the error. He went on to tell me how it would cost them more money than what the credit was worth and that if he was going to do a credit, he would credit the whole deposit. I said "Okay, and you will re-charge for the correct amount?" He goes on to say "no" and that he wants to "re-evaluate" this job and that they "are loosing money left and right on it..."

Needles to say, I'm looking for a new contractor tomorrow...
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:38 PM   #844
RCC Addict

Experienced the equivalent of a "root canal just for fun" today after having to listen to a group of 20-something-year-olds ( 2 girls/ 1 guy/ 1 coin toss) discussing dating, relationships, tattoos, immigration, and healthy food. This study lasted about an hour and it will likely take several days of intensive therapy to regain full use of my intellect.

In case anyone here wants the cliff notes: We. Are. So. Absolutely. Screwed.

That is all.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:59 AM   #845
Rock Crawler

coin toss
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:00 AM   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Experienced the equivalent of a "root canal just for fun" today after having to listen to a group of 20-something-year-olds ( 2 girls/ 1 guy/ 1 coin toss) discussing dating, relationships, tattoos, immigration, and healthy food. This study lasted about an hour and it will likely take several days of intensive therapy to regain full use of my intellect.

In case anyone here wants the cliff notes: We. Are. So. Absolutely. Screwed.

That is all.
Be honest, they are nice to look at and that's why you stuck around so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninomaniac View Post
coin toss
Toin coss.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #847
Quarry Creeper

1 coin toss......lmao
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #848
RCC Addict

Quote:
Be honest, they are nice to look at and that's why you stuck around so long!

I couldn't actually see them at first but I eventually just had to crane my neck around to take a look at this derelict breakfast club after hearing one of the girls prattling on about how none of her male "followers" or "friends" were worthy of intimate pursuit. I was expecting to see sitting there, a young Audrey Hepburn or Nicole Kidman ( given such high standards as she'd outlined) but much to my amazement, she looked more like something that you would have taken to the local animal shelter for a dunk in the flea dip and a stitch to the egg carton.

The "you call it" was about three fifty+ and it was doing the majority of the preaching about eating healthy... which I assumed roughly translated to "submerge your 16 lb tub of M&M's in margarine instead of butter" and "lightly saute children instead of deep frying them to reduce your carb intake". Appearing as a small to medium sized piece of farm equipment, she wasn't one that I would've expected to have been so vocal of dietary advisement.

The other one... the "guy" as I'll call him, just looked like a mortally wounded coloring book where upon resentful children had attempted to express their creativity and rage. I wasn't sure what on this defeated canvas could've been considered a failed tattoo but I knew that his suggestion of "going next week to get another one to cover this one up" wouldn't likely be solving a lifelong marathon of bad decisions. I'm just amazed at people ( usually young) who decide upon a tattoo based on coherency, price, and what's on the wall. Took me years to figure out what I would ever get and never regret.

The last one sat quiet for most of the time... connecting with more insightful ideas as presented by her social-media feeding tube. I also assume that she was a bit apprehensive of creating much sound or movement out of fear of being tattooed, impregnated, and eaten by the other members of this band of dysfunctional gypsies.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #849
I wanna be Dave

Oh fawk no

BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #850
Rock Crawler

Come on, its only the san Andreas fault line in the background.

I have been dreaming on building a dream house on 3 - 4 old windmill towers.
Residential on hop - several tiers of greenhouse in between the "pylons" and garage / shop in the basement.
Elevator in one of the steel tubes cuz lets face it i am not getting younger.
Small house of course its just me and my french maid, and i dont want to spend too much of her energy on cleaning

Last edited by Peaker; 08-08-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #851
RCC Addict

Quote:
I couldn't actually see them at first......
Dude, when you get on a roll...

Hey, isn't that the house from Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Is the car up on jacks running WOT in reverse??
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #852
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post

Hey, isn't that the house from Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Is the car up on jacks running WOT in reverse??
Nah, I'd trust that one more...........

plus we don't get the quakes here in Chicago nearly as bad as they do in LA...........apparently the house I posted was one of many built like that along Mulholland Drive in LA.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:44 PM   #853
I wanna be Dave

Back to the idiots inside of the truck being run over by a tornado- I'm afraid to ask what hits the windshield with such force that it sparks... ( right around the 2:43 mark)

BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #854
RCC Addict

Quote:

Bad couple of weeks here... a little "aarrgh!" helps sometimes. I've gone on a rant or two before... Used Condoms For Sale, Love Story "The Warming Of The Sauce", Tribute To Mr. Nibbles, etc. Good stuff lol. I'm much more chilled out than I used to be!
Old 08-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #855
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Back to the idiots inside of the truck being run over by a tornado- I'm afraid to ask what hits the windshield with such force that it sparks... ( right around the 2:43 mark)

Cool. Good catch. Had to be from one of the dudes mars metal laden pubes being sucked in the AC system from all the back pressure and flung outside. Just guessing though.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #856
RCC Addict

Quote:
Bad couple of weeks here... a little "aarrgh!" helps sometimes. I've gone on a rant or two before... Used Condoms For Sale, Love Story "The Warming Of The Sauce", Tribute To Mr. Nibbles, etc. Good stuff lol. I'm much more chilled out than I used to be!
Yet somehow DUROK AND I are the loose cannons!?

Quote:
I caught that...crazy stuff. Like the guys in that truck...I just don't think I (or anyone who had ever seen Twister) would have stayed put for that show!
Old 08-09-2018, 06:35 AM   #857

Quote:

That's a WTH? Hell no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Nah, I'd trust that one more...........

plus we don't get the quakes here in Chicago nearly as bad as they do in LA...........apparently the house I posted was one of many built like that along Mulholland Drive in LA.
That's cool! Remind's me of Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater house here in PA. Definitely more awesome than WTH.

Quote:

That's an image. Can you link to the video?
Old 08-09-2018, 07:39 AM   #858
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

That's an image. Can you link to the video?
I think that was in JatoTheRippers post 840 but could be wrong.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #859

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
I think that was in JatoTheRippers post 840 but could be wrong.
You mean my post? If I asked a question about my own post that shows how much my memory sucks!

I thought, for some reason, his video was different than mine, but you appear to be correct.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #860
RCC Addict

Quote:
You mean my post? If I asked a question about my own post that shows how much my memory sucks!

I thought, for some reason, his video was different than mine, but you appear to be correct.
I had posted it was in that post, but then realized it was yours and deleted it thinking naw, he wouldn't be asking about a video HE posted.

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM