Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: the WTH thread is back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2018, 07:29 AM   #961
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

well its a sticky situation. it was family (brother and law, but he wasnt the one doing the work) and a favor. so im pretty much just stuck holding the bag.

the good news is the wheel itself isnt damaged, just the Powder coat.
so im out the $50 for the sensor, and im guessing about $200 to sandblast the wheel back raw and re-PC.

at lunch im going to get a heat gun and see if i ran resoften the PC and get it to lay back down flatter. also brought my paint polish to see if i can minimize the scratches.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #962
RCC Addict

#that'llbuffout
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #963

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Yep, sadly the cost of vehicles has done nothing but go up and up, while the quality continues to go drastically downhill with all brands.

I really appreciate it buddy. But luckily as I've gotten older I realize the best way to handle it is to burn them to the ground legally on social media, Subaru forums, SOA (Subaru of America), the Federal trade commission, the state Attorney Generals office, etc. Hitting them in the pocketbook hurts them a lot worse longterm than anything violent. I'd never shoot anybody over something like this anyway, though I know you meant it tongue in cheek. I pray that I never have to shoot another human being in my lifetime.
That sucks! I've always thought of Subaru as a quality budget Japanese car. To me, nothing screams quality with them. But lots of people love them and the older ones seemed to last, except for their known issues, so I guess I always thought I just didn't like that flavor of Kool-Aid. But the more I see the less I want to own a Subaru. I know you've touted them before and it sucks they basically turned on their loyal customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
just sucks. i try so hard to keep my shit nice. with all the custom wheels in the world i dont understand why this is a issue. why cant they make a "safe" tire machine.
all this damage happened on the tire machine. not on the car or track.
NTB flat out turned me down, refused to touch them.
everyone else quoted me $120-$225 just to flip the tires over.

to the guys credit, he did wheels 1,3, and 4 perfectly. no damage or scratches
I'm the same way. I care about most of my crap and I hate to mess it up let alone somebody else that's supposed to know what they are doing!

People can change wheels without damage if they know what they are doing and take the time to do it right. He proved it 75% of the time in your case. I will only let my brother in law change my motorcycle tires so my wheels don't get damaged.

TPS sensors are garbage. It's a nice feature, but what it adds isn't worth the hassle or cost IMO. But sadly it's not a standard cost err I mean feature.

This is kind of the reason I stopped giving a shit about my cars. They are great if you buy them new and never take them out. But if you go on the road and, worse, in parking lots they are bound to get ****ed up. And when it comes to letting somebody else do work on them you are always taking a gamble. It's sad.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 09-06-2018 at 10:56 AM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #964
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

I'm the same way. I care about most of my crap and I hate to mess it up let alone somebody else that's supposed to know what they are doing!

People can change wheels without damage if they know what they are doing and take the time to do it right. He proved it 75% of the time in your case. I will only let my brother in law change my motorcycle tires so my wheels don't get damaged.

TPS sensors are garbage. It's a nice feature, but what it adds isn't worth the hassle or cost IMO. But sadly it's not a standard cost err I mean feature.

This is kind of the reason I stopped giving a shit about my cars. They are great if you buy them new and never take them out. But if you go on the road and, worse, in parking lots they are bound to get ****ed up. And when it comes to letting somebody else do work on them you are always taking a gamble. It's sad.

yean i try to do 90% of my own stuff so no one else touches my cars so theres no chance of this shit happening. but i dont have my own tire machine so here i am. and unfortunatly with my tires only lasting 4 weekends, its something i have go threw alot.

its funny the vette was my first vehicle i had with tpms. and i hated it. i couldnt change wheels or rotate without Fing everything up. well now i have my own ebay chinese program tool, and thats been a game changer.

and for racers they are unmatched, i can get real time HOT pressures live. and know what to adjust for next session. i always pull up psi on my onboard on my last/cool down lap.

in the camaro i would just have to jump out of the car once back to the pits and imidiatly manually check pressures. problem with this is they loose (or sometimes gain from heat soak) as much as 2-3 psi in that cool down lap and trip to pits. so it was just a guess on how much to adjust.

yeah i love my DD jeep. its worth $1500-4500 depending on nada vs kbb. and i love that. parking it right next to shoping carts, driving it threw tree branchs, not carring if its stolen is super libertating and stress free. i dont take care of it at all. recently poured in some miracle in a bottle to fix my radiator and head gasket leak. haha $12 instant fix.

update:
i got out the heatgun. heated up the PC to 155* and it softened it enough to remove one of the ripples completely and smooth the second larger ripple a little bit. then got out my mequires mirror glaze and was able to get out 75% of the scratches. there is also a crack in the PC just to the right of the ripple.

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 09-06-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #965
Quarry Creeper

Subies were good cars in the 80's. And I still see those things on the road today. But starting in the late 90's, they started having issues like the 2.5 head gasket issues that rather than admit and fix, they tried to deny for the longest time that there was even an issue. The 2.0 or FA20 suffered from bad rings for the first couple years, they tried denying that one too. I think they're so confident that they're fanbois will preach up the cars and buy them no matter what, that they just don't care.

Hell, the new '18 loaner they gave me has not only had a wheel center cap fall off at just over 1,700mi on the clock, but it did this yesterday. Notice I'm in P, e brake set, not giving the car any gas, and it's barking to put my seat belt on and the MPG meter is showing the worst possible fuel mileage, at idle. LOL, what a POS.

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #966
~THE SCALE SHOP~

destroying 2 classics to make 1 pile of shit?

Old 09-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #967
I wanna be Dave

^^ That guy is going Sourh if you get me for doing that. Such a Shame.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #968
I wanna be Dave

Worked near here for 15 years, still pass it on a regular basis!
Plainfield man found dead in St. Charles resort parking lot; police say he may have been hit by vehicle - Aurora Beacon-News

Last edited by BJoe; 09-08-2018 at 12:34 AM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #969
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Worked bear here for 15 years, still pass it on a regular basis!
I haven't ever worked bear... is it hard?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2018, 12:35 AM   #970
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
I haven't ever worked bear... is it hard?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the catch, should have been near instead of bear
Old 09-08-2018, 08:36 PM   #971
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Thanks for the catch, should have been near instead of bear
Sorry, had to ;)
Old 09-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #972
Quarry Creeper

I hope they pull his racing license. It's not a game, you literally took someone else's life into your hands.

Old 09-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #973
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
I hope they pull his racing license. It's not a game, you literally took someone else's life into your hands.

Utter BS. Banned for life from every track in the world IMO.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:51 AM   #974
~THE SCALE SHOP~

funny as hell.
but should be banned for at LEAST a season.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #975
Quarry Creeper

I don't see any humor in it at all. I'm actually shocked that you do knowing you've been through a nasty moto accident. Plenty of people die in the sport without any help from asshats like this guy.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #976
Rock Crawler

not a good pilot if he need to do this for the win... and just a ****in asshole for sure !!
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #977
Rock Crawler

I would be waiting after the race with a meat cleaver.
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #978
I wanna be Dave

Oh, now that is just a dick move, I was expecting much worse from the above comments though.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #979
RCC Addict

Definitely an azzhole.

Last edited by 2mtech; 09-09-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #980
Quarry Creeper

So, Moto 2 rider Romano Fenati was banned from the next two races, and there are rumors that the Kalex Engineering team is dropping him as well. And I for one certainly hope that's the case.

He was fired from Valentino Rossi's Sky VR46 team in 2016 for deliberately shoving another rider off track. And in 2015 was penalized for kicking Niklas Ajo during the warm up session no less, then followed that up by pulling the safety cord and shutting Ajo's bike down.

He has a history of being a giant douche bag, time to send him to the landfill with the rest of the used up douche bags.

As my brother in law always says, a zebra doesn't change it's stripes.

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM