Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: the WTH thread is back!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2018, 09:10 AM   #941
RCC Addict

Default Re: the WTH thread is back!

I know this is supposed to be a funny thread so I apologize for my current "WTH?" not fitting that theme but after this past week... I've never had so much "WTH?". I honestly wanted to post a thread just to get some of this off my chest/ out in the open but I dunno if it's just too much "cringe" for this board.

Anyway- What in the living hell possesses someone to take their own life and leave three children to not only cope with such an insanely traumatic event, but also to be responsible for finding the decomposing body??? I guess I'm just having a hard time with all of what I've had to go through the past few days I'm a little lost atm. And I do realize that it's all about someone's mental stability and emotional health, but still... how in the damn world can you intentionally do this to your family? Sorry guys... just ignore this one. Definitely a "WTH?" week for me.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2018, 03:17 PM   #942
Quarry Creeper

Don't know what you're talking about but sounds like you've had a rough week. We all have em, some worse than others though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:12 PM   #943
RCC Addict

Thank you. Definitely a tough one atm. I wasn't trying to be cryptic either. But I guess to bring my above post full circle.. My wife found out this week that her mother committed suicide. Her sister of only 16 yrs discovered the body at home after school. Sister is now blaming my wife saying essentially that this wouldn't have happened had she not moved half way across the country seeking a better life for herself six years ago. And probably worth noting that sister, mom, and abusive step dad have continued to make my wife feel like shit since then about her abandoning the family. Even though she never did... She tried to stay in touch and have a civil correspondence with them but that wasn't enough for them. They utilized elaborate guilt trips and threats, to get her to move back. It's both our faults, I guess ( I'm being facetious). I've spent the last 3 days trying to convince my wife that she bears not blame nor fault nor responsibility for her mom's death. And she knows that. She's all too familiar with the toxic environment that she rose up out of... so that she could have a loving, compassionate, respectful husband, a solid career that she loves, and a better future for herself.

But in all the years that my wife and I have been together... going on six years, that never mattered to her immediate waste of a functioning family. I understand her sister's pain... She's hurting because she has never known anything different... heavily influenced by the psychological manipulation and toxicity of mom, dad, step dad, etc, etc. Sadly she's very young to have to process all this, so lashing out is to be expected. Anyway... My wife is holding up okay so far... relatively speaking I guess. This has just come as one hell of a blow and she's trying to digest the complexity of seeking closure for a mother that she had already technically lost many many years ago. And she's also grieving the reality that she will now never even have the opportunity to hear her mother ever acknowledge her daughter's strength and determination to make a good life for herself. All she ever wanted was for her mom to be proud of her. Ultimately... my wife never thought that would ever happen.. but so unfortunately now... it never will.

Last edited by high plains drifter; 08-31-2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #944
RCC Addict

I hate that for her. Watched my ex wife go through that as alcohol took her mother down and ultimately out to the street. Wasn't until seven months after the fact we found out she'd died.

Suicide to be sure is the most selfish act anyone with loved ones can commit.

Your wife should be highly commended for having the courage to pull away from that environment and develop a better life. It would appear, as bad as it sounds, that complete separation from her original family would be the best course of action to keep all that progress from becoming regress.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:44 PM   #945
RCC Addict

2mtech bringing the feels to this page of the thread. Thanks.. very much appreciated. Indeed... she was exposed to a pretty bad childhood into her teens. I didn't mention the parental drug use either. But my wife was the one who hated what she saw and dealt with. She remained steadfast in school and never succumbed to drugs, alcohol, pregnancy, tattoos, etc. She stayed clean and continued her education... on her own at times. When she was old enough, she left and I'd almost dare to say "prevailed".

Yea... even if she was bound to do this... do it away from home. Don't make your child have to deal with finding your expired body for Christ's sake.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:20 PM   #946
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure that saying "sorry for her loss" is appropriate here, as your wife did what was best for her, and got out of a toxic family environment. She should feel no remorse for her action to get married and move on to a better life. Her sister may eventually make that realization and come around to your wife's side, but it will take some time, maybe a long time. Until then, you're doing the best you can do by remaining by her side and convincing her she did the right thing.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:35 PM   #947
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like you wife's family is resentful because she was able to get away from the madness. Good on you for being strong and supportive for her.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:13 AM   #948
RCC Addict

Sincere gratitude for the support. My heart breaks for her right now... obviously not in the traditional sense for the loss of a parent but rather because of the complexity of what she's having to process. She's being forced to identify with some deeply buried and conflicting feelings. At the same time, she's being ostracized and resented by several family members. And on top of all that, she's trying her best to maintain a healthy mindset throughout the grieving process. All while trying to function normally and carry out her responsibilities outside of this whole mess. Not sure that I've ever felt so much sympathy and respect for her before.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #949
Quarry Creeper

wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #950
Quarry Creeper

So my ongoing saga with Hunter Automotive group continues. That's Hunter Automotive group, 2520 Asheville Hwy, Hendersonville, NC 28791. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, EVER!!

Some of you may remember the issues I had with the body shop, and their work. Well, apparently the manager there got fired, and they have a new manger. I was very polite and professional, even told him I was glad he got the job, and that the previous manager needed to go. Apparently, the old manager to cut costs had re-used the door molding, which has a metal backer, which is why it wouldn't line up straight. I also was very clear to mention the excess glue issue. Well, they delivered my car today, and this is the first thing I find. Same problem, which they were AWARE that I'd check for. WTH indeed.

I also had to (supposedly) have a passenger seat frame replaced in April as well, because it rattled like it was going to fall apart when it was empty. I reported some interior panel vibration/buzzing noised as well as a couple other things before my 3/36 expires. Apparently their solution, is to just remove the panels and leave them in the rear seat, along with your filthy all weather floor mat to scuff up your leather as an added bonus.

I am so over this car and brand that it's not even funny. I think they're more over hyped than Honda civics with fart cans were in the late 90's, early '00s. Oh, also, they gave me a brand new '18 as a loaner. Had 600 miles on it when I left with it. One of the center caps for the wheels has already fallen off, and it hasn't even left the pavement. And I truly loved this car for the first 12,000 miles or so. First new car I've ever said that about. But not anymore, new Subarus are 100% shit! I just need it fixed so I don't get dinged at trade in time when I ditch this piece of shit.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-05-2018 at 12:11 PM.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #951
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
So my ongoing saga with Hunter Automotive group continues.
Man, that blows! Not that I would but I won't be taking anything there. We had a really good body shop here in town that had (unfortunately) done some great work for my kids in the past, but they're cut-rate shit pirates now too. Seems a trend of the automotive support industry.

Do they not know how heavily armed you are, and a crazed, wild-eyed redneck at that?? Well...if you wind up needing bail money or an alibi (crawling on Stone Mountain, yeah...) give me a call.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #952
~THE SCALE SHOP~

ironically im on my way to the subaru dealership right now....
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #953
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
Man, that blows! Not that I would but I won't be taking anything there. We had a really good body shop here in town that had (unfortunately) done some great work for my kids in the past, but they're cut-rate shit pirates now too. Seems a trend of the automotive support industry.

Do they not know how heavily armed you are, and a crazed, wild-eyed redneck at that?? Well...if you wind up needing bail money or an alibi (crawling on Stone Mountain, yeah...) give me a call.
Yep, sadly the cost of vehicles has done nothing but go up and up, while the quality continues to go drastically downhill with all brands.

I really appreciate it buddy. But luckily as I've gotten older I realize the best way to handle it is to burn them to the ground legally on social media, Subaru forums, SOA (Subaru of America), the Federal trade commission, the state Attorney Generals office, etc. Hitting them in the pocketbook hurts them a lot worse longterm than anything violent. I'd never shoot anybody over something like this anyway, though I know you meant it tongue in cheek. I pray that I never have to shoot another human being in my lifetime.

Last edited by hpiguy; 09-05-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:19 PM   #954
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Yep, sadly the cost of vehicles has nothing but do up and up, while the quality continues to go drastically downhill with all brands.

I really appreciate it buddy. But luckily as I've gotten older I realize the best way to handle it is to burn them to the ground legally on social media, Subaru forums, SOA (Subaru of America), the Federal trade commission, the state Attorney Generals office, etc. Hitting them in the pocketbook hurts them a lot worse longterm than anything violent. I'd never shoot anybody over something like this anyway, though I know you meant it tongue in cheek. I pray that I never have to shoot another human being in my lifetime.
Agreed. Too bad you can't go on Ricki Lake anymore...

Yeah, I'd never shoot anybody either, unless it was absolutely convenient.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:07 PM   #955
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
ironically im on my way to the subaru dealership right now....

well that didnt go well
#forgestars
Old 09-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #956
Quarry Creeper

^^Holy shit, what am I looking at here Cory? I know it's the wheel, but what is that? Wheel weight? WTF did they do? That sucks man, sorry you guys are dealing with their shit service as well.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:19 PM   #957
I wanna be Dave

Looks like a Tire Monitor decided to leave
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #958
~THE SCALE SHOP~

was getting the tires swaped on the rims, inside becomes outside to get a fresh shoulder on the race tires.
this was the second wheel (and my new forgestars) as i was standing there behind the tire tech, i see the TPMS sensor shoot out cut in half.
me outloud: "thats not good"

as i move in closer i also see the spoke with the powder coat all f ucked up. it was all raised and rippled like liquid rubber or something. also a ton of scratches. one of the other spokes also has a dime size chip of the PC missing.
f ucking sucks. waitied so long for these wheels.

ran home and grabbed a spare TPMS i had from my old wheels to get it back together, (which are way overpriced IMO) and at least operational for my track day saturday.
just sucks. i try so hard to keep my shit nice. with all the custom wheels in the world i dont understand why this is a issue. why cant they make a "safe" tire machine.
all this damage happened on the tire machine. not on the car or track.
NTB flat out turned me down, refused to touch them.
everyone else quoted me $120-$225 just to flip the tires over.

to the guys credit, he did wheels 1,3, and 4 perfectly. no damage or scratches

Last edited by STANG KILLA SS; 09-05-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:48 AM   #959
Quarry Creeper

I didn't realize those were the wheels off of your car Cory. That really sucks man. So what happens now? Tire shop has to pay for a whole new rim I would assume? Which you have to order and wait for? Maybe the owner can take that one and mount it on the wall for a what not to do.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:26 AM   #960
Quarry Creeper

Looks like he popped the bead where the sensor was. Big no no and he should've known better

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote

the WTH thread is back! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DCW crawlers is back! New wheel thread BrazinScaleRC Vendors Tires and wheels 12 06-15-2017 08:08 PM
come back and rc drift thread cameraman Florida 3 05-04-2014 08:03 PM