Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2019, 11:29 PM   #721
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

I've gotta work OT tomorrow. It's going to be tough to be home by 3:30 PM but I guess the extra chunk of change going towards my trip to nationals in September will make it worth it.

Word is we will be working fridays & Saturdays for the foreseeable future since most of the people work 4 10s leaving us lighter traffic to deal with. I took this gig because I make more money working 40 hours straight time than I did working 70+ in the truck. Oh well, at least the OT goes to something fun unlike 98% of my coworkers who are mortgaged up to their eyeballs and in debt up to their ears depending on OT to make ends meet.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2019, 11:58 PM   #722
I wanna be Dave

People depending on OT to pay the bills make me laugh. Can't live within thier means. "Check out my new merc!" Keep diggin the hole.

I paid cash for everything up untill 2 years ago.. Having no credit wasnt going to get me a house in the future, so i had bit the bullet and got the used fusion. Then i seen how fast my score was going up so i just recently picked up a credit card (using it for groceries) to kinda kick it along faster so we can get in a house before i turn 30.

Rant.. Im being forced ro either work all next week, or use paid personal time (sick time). Though.. On the 4th and 5th i get paid tripple. But still.. No AC. Gonna have to embrace the suck.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 05:11 AM   #723
I wanna be Dave

Yea the majority of them have new everything and work 60 hours a week minimum to keep afloat. When we started talking about upcoming OT I told them I didn't want or need it everyone was very confused. I spent the last 2 years running way passed legal pounding out miles to the tune of 3300-3500 hours a year and I took this gig to relax.

The best part is the guys that want the OT don't want to resort to being with my crew but they don't have a choice because right now we are the only group calling for OT. My supervisor puts them in the bitch positions because they need to earn that double time which means I get to relax or run them ragged depending on my mood that day.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 08:26 AM   #724
Rock Crawler

I have at times worked 2 jobs, full time or full time + almost full time.
Not to pay bills, just to get stuff or as it was last time i did it to help the guy i just left keep tings afloat as my replacement ended up being 4 guys instead of me and my 1 helper.
But he wanted that new factory chief, and i quickly got his number, so it was me or him, so i left.
I don't mind working for / with people a little different, but that guy was a grade A A-hole and i have a finely tuned A hole detector.
And the only reason i came back for a little "B" jobbing in the afternoon / evening was if he was not there, and i am a nice guy and i still respected the owner of the company.

Sadly company sold now, so i have lost my place to go do powder coating for free
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #725
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Yea the majority of them have new everything and work 60 hours a week minimum to keep afloat. When we started talking about upcoming OT I told them I didn't want or need it everyone was very confused. I spent the last 2 years running way passed legal pounding out miles to the tune of 3300-3500 hours a year and I took this gig to relax.

The best part is the guys that want the OT don't want to resort to being with my crew but they don't have a choice because right now we are the only group calling for OT. My supervisor puts them in the bitch positions because they need to earn that double time which means I get to relax or run them ragged depending on my mood that day.
I used to supervise a few drivers and I swear I would have this discussion every other week: "Yes, there is plenty of overtime potential. No, it is not guaranteed. Stop complaining to me that you NEED 60 hours per week to stay afloat."
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:46 PM   #726
RCC Addict

Why in the heck was Justin Bieber signed to replace Paul walker in the next fast and furious movie! If this is true, who ever made this decision should be removed!

Sign paul walkers brother cody. He’s already been in the franchise as he did the tribute for Paul at the end of FF7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:32 AM   #727
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
Why in the heck was Justin Bieber signed to replace Paul walker in the next fast and furious movie! If this is true, who ever made this decision should be removed!

Sign paul walkers brother cody. He’s already been in the franchise as he did the tribute for Paul at the end of FF7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
O heck no, not bieber!!!! Thatll kill the FNF movies. They should keep cody if anything like u said c0bra. Or just let brian(paul) rest n not bring him back. Its hard to replace such a important character with a new face. Plus bieber just isnt the "bad a$$" type, nor does he have the look for it lol. He needs to stay where he is "tryin" to make music n stay outta the view of the movie cameras

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #728
Pebble Pounder

Beiber should stay out of the media completely!! friggen wussy boy!!!
bikepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #729
Rock Crawler

So yet more insane laws passed here.
According to the latest laws passed here, if you find a hedgehog in your garden, maybe dehydrated or something, well if you are not a certified hedgehog care person you better leave that little critter alone or you will be a criminal.

I really hope god soon get bores with trying to wipe out the Danish capitol with rain and instead use a sizeable iron meteorite,,,,,, just enough to vaporize that cesspool so the rest of us can try and salvage what is left.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 03:05 PM   #730
Rock Crawler

I just read a story of a family in B.C that can’t move into their recently purchased home because a species of protected bat is/are living in the attic, it’s also the bats mating season so the family can’t even chase them out, or they’ll be criminals.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:08 PM   #731
Pebble Pounder

My daughter's field hockey coach... He always runs over on his practices. 4-6 does not mean 4-6:15, 4-6:30 ect... My kid does have a life outside of field hockey and we would like to eat dinner at some point in the evening. Of course, I can't call him out on it, as that would probably bounce back on my kid. At least she is a senior and we only have about 3 weeks left of this...
Old 09-27-2019, 12:43 PM   #732
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
My daughter's field hockey coach... He always runs over on his practices. 4-6 does not mean 4-6:15, 4-6:30 ect... My kid does have a life outside of field hockey and we would like to eat dinner at some point in the evening. Of course, I can't call him out on it, as that would probably bounce back on my kid. At least she is a senior and we only have about 3 weeks left of this...
I had the exact same complaint earlier this week. My son's football practices, Wednesday was from 4-6. He didn't get out until 6:45. That on top of the coach changing the practice schedule from day to day. Sometimes it is 4-6 and then it is 6-8. We are guessing from day to day. It will be nicer in a year when my kid gets his driver's license.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #733
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiphead View Post
I had the exact same complaint earlier this week. My son's football practices, Wednesday was from 4-6. He didn't get out until 6:45. That on top of the coach changing the practice schedule from day to day. Sometimes it is 4-6 and then it is 6-8. We are guessing from day to day. It will be nicer in a year when my kid gets his driver's license.
It feels like some of these coaches think they are coaching at a D1 college level.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:21 AM   #734

For the love of God, Jesus H Christ and any of your favorite mythical figures, please stop quoting photos!!!!!! It really shits up threads.

I understand quoting one photo when it's necessary, but there's absolutely no need to quote somebody's post with 10 photos! And, I know it's a shocker to some, but you can ****ing edit the quote and remove the photo links!
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:20 AM   #735
Quarry Creeper

While we're at it, some of y'all need to learn how to re-size a photo. And before anybody says it, I'm on modern hardware including an ultra-wide monitor setup. I'm not scrolling around to look at your 24mp pic.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #736

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
While we're at it, some of y'all need to learn how to re-size a photo. And before anybody says it, I'm on modern hardware including an ultra-wide monitor setup. I'm not scrolling around to look at your 24mp pic.
Most modern forum software will automatically resize images to fit the window. Unfortunately, RCC doesn't seem to use software that was updated in the current century.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #737
RCC Addict

I swear RCC used to resize the photos, but that feature got removed or something.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 12:10 PM   #738
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
I swear RCC used to resize the photos, but that feature got removed or something.
This feature was linked to the "Like" button... And we don't have that anymore...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #739
RCC Addict

Costco. I like that store because you can get some good quality stuff for a reasonable price, but the people drive me nuts. The parking lot is a mess. People put their groceries in the car and sit there for 5 minutes staring at their damn phone while people are waiting for that parking spot, and they are oblivious to the fact that they are blocking other people from backing out. Then you get in the store and a bunch of fat ass mouth breathers wandering around at a snail's pace blocking the whole aisle. They'll look right at you knowing you want by but they just go right back to staring at the ****ing shelf with their mouth open and that stupid blank look on their face. I just want to grab my trash bags and bottled water and get out but NOOOO...I gotta do an idiot slalom course with my shopping cart for half an hour.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #740
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Costco. I like that store because you can get some good quality stuff for a reasonable price, but the people drive me nuts. The parking lot is a mess. People put their groceries in the car and sit there for 5 minutes staring at their damn phone while people are waiting for that parking spot, and they are oblivious to the fact that they are blocking other people from backing out. Then you get in the store and a bunch of fat ass mouth breathers wandering around at a snail's pace blocking the whole aisle. They'll look right at you knowing you want by but they just go right back to staring at the ****ing shelf with their mouth open and that stupid blank look on their face. I just want to grab my trash bags and bottled water and get out but NOOOO...I gotta do an idiot slalom course with my shopping cart for half an hour.
I just don't get Costco...

I guess I would understand it more of I needed to buy a 50-pack of toilet paper every two weeks. Plus, I have to buy a membership to spend money there, something else that makes no sense to me... I will give the cashiers props, there is no f***ing around with those guys. Four shopping carts full, no problem, they'll have it rang through before you can pull out your ATM card.

Costco does have some strange people there, and some strange Costco specific etiquette rules that infrequent shoppers get chastised for breaking. From time to time we'll get a gift card, and experience of redeeming it is always an interesting one...

One particular occasion my wife's work gave her a Costco gift card. The wife decided to buy an iPad with it, so we got the ticket from the electronics department and proceeded to the registers. Given that each register line was several customers deep, each with several carts, we looked for a speed line, or a line for those of us that who were picking up electronics... no luck. So, we stood in the regular line, cartless...

The cashiers worked quickly, and before we knew it there was one person in front of us, and they were unloading their last cart. Standing back a foot or two, to give the person in front of us room to unload on to the belt (and doing her level best to keep up with the cashiers), a guy pushes a cart in front of us, as if he is getting in line; never minding the fact we had three people behind us, all with multiple carts.

"Excuse me," I said, "we are in line."
Pointing behind us, my wife added, "They are in line too..."

The guy, who was likely 20 years our senior (and we are not spring chickens...) bellowed out, "Where's ye'r cart?"

"We don't have a cart." I replied.
Wife, holding up the electronics slip, "We just have this."

The guy, clearly annoyed by our gall to be in line with out at least one cart asked, "So, you don't have a cart?!?"

Both of us shaking our heads, clearly confused by this man's annoyance both muttered, "No... no cart..."

I looked at the woman behind me, who was clearly following the Costco gospel of being in line with a cart. She looked just as confused as we were; like us, she also had not stopped by the pharmacy for free samples that morning.

Giving one last shot, the guy asked rhetorically, "So you're in line?"

Again, the wife and I in confused unison and nodding our heads said, "Yes..."

Clearly disgusted by the whole affair, the guy pulled his cart back and got behind it. I figured he'd go to the back of the line, or to another register, but no, he pushed his cart back towards the middle of the store. As he walked away he was muttering quite loudly, his incoherent rant was obviously about us, because the only word that was clean in his rambling, and the only word he put emphasis on was the word "CART".

Last edited by Greatscott; 12-21-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM