Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #761
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
^^^ Those assholes ruin it for the law abiding ATV riders and motorcyclists.

So another cop murdered another civilian. Find him guilty and put him in the general population of prison. Of course the media is turning it into a race war and fueling the fire. When will the media be held accountable?

And when will the rioters, that are simply using the outrage to justify their criminal behavior, also be held accountable?

Not everything is a race war, but the media loves to push that.

All of these people are disgusting and the human race is worse off having them.

People are quick to say not all people of certain groups, races, etc can be lumped into the same category. Police can. A few bad cop stories and they're all bad according to the media and the looting trash. This is a form of discrimination that these people claim to hate and fight against. So hypocrtical.

This is disgusting and infuriating.
Many moons ago I seriously contemplated a career in law enforcement. To get my feet wet in the endeavor I took orders to be a Navy police officer for three years. At the end of it I realized that there are better ways for me to make money. From dealing with people who want nothing more than to piss off someone with a gun, pepper spray and PR-24, to my fellow cops who were more shady than the people we arrested. Bless those that do that job with good intent every day, keep their cool, and and use their heads.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2020, 11:30 AM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Many moons ago I seriously contemplated a career in law enforcement. To get my feet wet in the endeavor I took orders to be a Navy police officer for three years. At the end of it I realized that there are better ways for me to make money. From dealing with people who want nothing more than to piss off someone with a gun, pepper spray and PR-24, to my fellow cops who were more shady than the people we arrested. Bless those that do that job with good intent every day, keep their cool, and and use their heads.
Well said!

The people rioting aren't good people. Good people don't destroy or loot the property of others for no reason. The property owners didn't murder the victim. Also, these rioters would be the first to call the cops if the property owners used force to defend their property.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #763
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Well said!

The people rioting aren't good people. Good people don't destroy or loot the property of others for no reason. The property owners didn't murder the victim. Also, these rioters would be the first to call the cops if the property owners used force to defend their property.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #764
Gold Star Baby!

I also love (very sarcastic) how the first mention of what is happening is a nonchalant brushing off of the murder of a citizen as just something that happens everyday like a parking ticket, and then the rant goes off about the riots and media.

Not that I’d expect different from here. But it is telling.

Don’t be surprised when you learn that some of the looting and fires were started by police officers.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #765
RCC Addict

Logged into my credit card account the other night to find that someone had somehow stolen my card and used it for...Uber. I'd love to see the particular ride this was used on and have a mugshot of the offender but alas, now I just have to wonder how they got it in the first place.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I also love (very sarcastic) how the first mention of what is happening is a nonchalant brushing off of the murder of a citizen as just something that happens everyday like a parking ticket, and then the rant goes off about the riots and media.

Not that I’d expect different from here. But it is telling.

Don’t be surprised when you learn that some of the looting and fires were started by police officers.
Are you talking to me? I'm not sure if it was mentioned before. I didn't go back in the thread.

I absolutely did NOT mention it nonchalantly at all. I said they should put the cop in general population in prison. Do you know what would happen to that cop? He wouldn't come out doing well...probably not even living. It's a death sentence for a cop in prison. I believe in an eye for an eye. Our country is weak on crime and that's not the rule that we follow.

The cop deserves to pay dearly for killing that man. The innocent people in the city do not. Those rioters are causing damage to buildings and businesses some of which are owned by the black people. They are supposedly rioting in defense of black people, but hurting them at the same time. It's lunacy and there's absolutely no defending it IMO.

What does that mean you wouldn't expect any different from here?
Old 05-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #767
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Are you talking to me?
In direct response, yes. But the tone was more of a general disgruntlement from the stuff I see people saying/posting. Didn’t meant to come off that hot to you. My apologies.

Quote:
Are you talking to me?

I absolutely did NOT mention it nonchalantly at all. I said they should put the cop in general population in prison.
Quote:
So another cop murdered another civilian.
That sounds pretty nonchalant to me. Your post then spent one sentence about what to do with him and the proceeded for several sentences calling people who didn’t murder someone in the street on camera, disgusting.

Quote:
The cop deserves to pay dearly for killing that man. The innocent people in the city do not. Those rioters are causing damage to buildings and businesses some of which are owned by the black people. They are supposedly rioting in defense of black people, but hurting them at the same time. It's lunacy and there's absolutely no defending it IMO.
I’m not saying that rioting and looting is okay, but I do understand it. This is a community who’s lives are at risk doing normal things like jogging or even just being at their own home. A community that’s tried protesting peacefully, taking a knee (y’all had a problem with that too). A community that has had to bury their family members over circumstances that did not warrant a loss of life but a loss of life occurred and keeps occurring almost entirely because of the color of their skin.

These things happen often with no consequences to the real perpetrators while the media does everything they can to make the victim look like they deserved it. Remember when fox posted an article that Botham Jean had weed?

There will be a point where the communities will want to take back after being oppressed without a voice or champion, and that’s when looting and riots happen. Again, not saying it is okay. But I can understand it.

I’ve also seen a post about a cop in Minneapolis that appears to be inciting looting at an auto parts store. There’s another clip of a cop driving by and tear gassing people that are just standing there. It makes me wonder how much fuel is being dumped on the fire and for what reasons.

Quote:
What does that mean you wouldn't expect any different from here?
Generally anything political here turns into a circle jerk of right wing propaganda and talking points. This is right in line with that. There are a couple of people who frequent those threads and almost post only there and nowhere else, having never made an rc related post in their existence here.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:30 PM   #768
Gold Star Baby!

As far as cops go, if you have 100 good cops and 10 bad cops but the good cops don’t do anything to stop the bad ones, then you have 110 bad cops.

Who else is going to do something about it if not them?

To some extent we glorify police officers and in doing so refuse to hold them accountable and responsible. A large percentage of the police workforce are revenue generators for the city. Citations, tickets, security for prisons which are a whole other money making scam. Very few police actually do work to protect us.

Do you feel safer around a police officer? I don’t, I usually feel like I need to walk on eggshells although I’ve done nothing wrong. I feel safer around a fireman, paramedic, or solider though. Adam makes some good points here too.

Edit**

Guess I’m on one now. But here’s a good cop serving and protecting... which by that I mean inciting looting.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/statu...905070080?s=20
Attached Images

Last edited by Topher Builds; 05-29-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:08 PM   #769
I wanna be Dave

So, here is the problem... and my rant.

They keep showing the compliant technique that was used, and this seems to be the focus of the outrage. While it looks harsh, this technique is tried and true, and 99.9% of the time it is safe. It is not something that is only broken out when there is a black man on the wrong side of the law and cameras are rolling. I have used this technique myself a good number of times, and is very effective when you have to control someone on drugs or drunk, more over, it has been proven safe. Where these police officers screwed up is not getting this guy medical attention when he complained to respiratory distress. When you have someone in custody, you are 100% responsible for their well-being. Even though some people fake symptoms like this, you should never take chances. So, as tragic as all of this is, this man WAS NOT MURDERED by the police. The police are, however, fully responsible for his death. The cops involved should be held accountable and, if charged, will get charged with negligent homicide.

People are trying to make this out like the Oscar Grant killing. The officer committed a horrific mistake by mistaking his gun for his taser, something that should never happen. That officer was justifiably charged and convicted of 2nd degree murder.

I love your little picture up there with the Boston Tea Party, and actually works against your point. They were protesting unfair taxes, and the focus of that was the tea, so they destroyed it. What do those TVs that were stolen have to do with this man getting killed? What does Target have to do with it? Those morons are using a tragedy to justify more hate, discord and outright looting. Not that I agree with it, but the only destruction that actually makes sense here is them lighting the police station on fire.

Last edited by Greatscott; 05-29-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #770
Gold Star Baby!

I agree that the Boston tea party was a bad example.

I disagree that George Floyd wasn’t murdered by the police. He was murdered by a police officer with others standing by giving him a perimeter. At the very least it’s murder in the third degree, potentially 2nd degree. The cop is being charged with murder now.

Again, I don’t agree with the looting and rioting but I understand why it’s happening and it is a lesser concern to me than what happened to George Floyd. Hopefully now that charges have been brought people will stop with the looting.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #771
Rock Crawler

I am honoring George Floyd by looting a B&O store, daddy need a new 500.000 DKkr TV, ill set fire to it to cover my tracks.

Isent that what you are supposed to do ( copy / paste ) even the most idiotic horrifying behavior.
I mean being the better man that's like so 1642

Just imagine what happen if the now arrested cop are cleared in court
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:43 PM   #772
RCC Addict

How in the hell does vandalism and looting help anyone? You're not helping any "cause" by destroying your own community... or anyone else's for that matter. The cop that killed Floyd has been charged... but that's not enough. And the other officers' conducts are being investigated... but that's not enough. Once you start tearing apart businesses and challenging law enforcement/ military... how is that ever going to play out to your advantage? I understand free speech and the right to protest but the ones that are instigating or participating in the violence and destruction... you're only further hurting yourself. For so many of these folks involved, it's only an excuse to exercise selfish, uncontrolled, and criminal behavior... and no surprise... it's not going to help or to change anything. Good job.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #773
Gold Star Baby!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeik...te-mayor-says/

“Every Person Arrested In Saint Paul Last Night Was From Out Of State, Mayor Says”

“Department of Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington confirmed evidence of white supremacist groups trying to incite violence; Many posted messages online that encouraged people to go loot in Minneapolis and cause mayhem.”

Same thing is happening in Denver. It is important to realize there are several forces working here and many are trying to aggravate the situation to drum up the emotions that you are all having. To turn you against the community that is uprising and pushing back.

I won’t be able to use words as concisely and powerful as this, so I’ll leave this speech here instead and hope it adds some perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/529991454/p...936861455/?d=n

Last edited by Topher Builds; 05-30-2020 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 05:47 PM   #774
RCC Addict

I remember very vividly the LA riots in '92 but I don't remember details of what or how any of that brought about positive change for the black community. I guess from someone's perspective that doesn't live in these urban/ inner-city areas, and who isn't black... maybe I don't have a legitimate voice in all of this. But as an onlooker... it's hard for me to digest all of Ellison's words on this. I do think there are injustices levied every single day against others... by govt agencies, by law-makers, by police officers... but I don't see that violent destruction will have long term positive effects.

And Topher, I appreciate and respect that you took the time to present another perspective... thank you. I'm just not able to blindly support the notion that violence and destruction is a legitimate long-term answer. It appears to only divide us as a country even more.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #775
Gold Star Baby!

Thank you HPD, I appreciate you as well.

I don’t like the rioting either, and hate the looting. But I try to understand how and why it happens. I don’t think it is right and I feel awful for the business owners, especially the small business owners who lose everything. However I also think it’s important that it doesn’t delegitimize the point of the protests and the injustices present in the world today. Will this fix anything? Not directly, no. It will damage a lot. But we’ll sure think about it differently moving forward and if we don’t we are fools.

The part the scares and worries me the most is the different accounts of unassociated aggravators causing damage, starting fires, and inciting looting. That combined with the calls to militarize the police and the governments threats to intervene with the military make it even scarier. I really hope this all settles down soon but given the way this year has gone I’m not sure it will happen. There’s a lot of pent up despair in the world, on both sides, and this is hot burning fire that’s allowing too much violence to happen.

*edit. Just came across this that confirms some of those arrested were tied white supremacist groups

“ He said some of the 40 arrests made in the Twin Cities Friday night were of people linked to white supremacist groups and organized crime.

“The people that are doing this are not Minneapolis residents,” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said. “They are coming largely from outside the city outside the region to prey on everything we have built.””
https://www.courthousenews.com/minne...xgdMJ-RuL5_rkk

Last edited by Topher Builds; 05-30-2020 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #776
I wanna be Dave

Opening a can of worms here, but here is my rant...

Antifa....

Someone posted an Farce Book that if you are against Antifa, then you are a fascist. Well, from what I have seen, calling that group "Antifa" is like calling a fat kid "slim", or a short kid "stretch".

Fascists pushes their agenda by silencing their opposition through fear, intimidation, and violence.

Antifa pushes their agenda by silencing their opposition through fear, intimidation, and violence.

In other words, this group calling themselves anti-fascist (Antifa) is like the NRA calling themselves the "The Anti-gun Coalition".

[/end_rant]
Old 06-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Opening a can of worms here, but here is my rant...

Antifa....

Someone posted an Farce Book that if you are against Antifa, then you are a fascist. Well, from what I have seen, calling that group "Antifa" is like calling a fat kid "slim", or a short kid "stretch".

Fascists pushes their agenda by silencing their opposition through fear, intimidation, and violence.

Antifa pushes their agenda by silencing their opposition through fear, intimidation, and violence.

In other words, this group calling themselves anti-fascist (Antifa) is like the NRA calling themselves the "The Anti-gun Coalition".

[/end_rant]

Fascist is just a hot buzzword right now. It’s used so often that it has become meaningless in my opinion. And those that claim fascism are typically the ones that support it.

Antifa is an organization of cowards that attempt to bully others into what they want and nothing more. I think both sides can agree on that. The only group more cowardly than Antifa right now is Anonymous. Real activists don’t hide behind masks, real or cyber, nor do they get things done by way of bullying.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #778
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Thank you HPD, I appreciate you as well.

I don’t like the rioting either, and hate the looting. But I try to understand how and why it happens. I don’t think it is right and I feel awful for the business owners, especially the small business owners who lose everything. However I also think it’s important that it doesn’t delegitimize the point of the protests and the injustices present in the world today. Will this fix anything? Not directly, no. It will damage a lot. But we’ll sure think about it differently moving forward and if we don’t we are fools.

The part the scares and worries me the most is the different accounts of unassociated aggravators causing damage, starting fires, and inciting looting. That combined with the calls to militarize the police and the governments threats to intervene with the military make it even scarier. I really hope this all settles down soon but given the way this year has gone I’m not sure it will happen. There’s a lot of pent up despair in the world, on both sides, and this is hot burning fire that’s allowing too much violence to happen.

*edit. Just came across this that confirms some of those arrested were tied white supremacist groups

“ He said some of the 40 arrests made in the Twin Cities Friday night were of people linked to white supremacist groups and organized crime.

“The people that are doing this are not Minneapolis residents,” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said. “They are coming largely from outside the city outside the region to prey on everything we have built.””
https://www.courthousenews.com/minne...xgdMJ-RuL5_rkk
They walked back on the claim that 80% of the people arrested were not locals.

As for white supremacists being among those arrested, doesn't surprise me one bit. Lots of assholes out there just looking to destroy and steal stuff and its much easier to get away with it when there are hundreds or thousands of other people out there doing it too.

To me, all the rioting is very counterproductive. Ruining people's lives that had absolutely nothing to do with the act is just stupid and creating more division.

On a side note, did you see the Tweets by Chris Palmer (Some NBA commentator or something)? He was instigating, telling the rioters to burn everything down, but when they started coming towards his neighborhood he was calling them animals and telling them to go back where they live.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
They walked back on the claim that 80% of the people arrested were not locals.

As for white supremacists being among those arrested, doesn't surprise me one bit. Lots of assholes out there just looking to destroy and steal stuff and its much easier to get away with it when there are hundreds or thousands of other people out there doing it too.

To me, all the rioting is very counterproductive. Ruining people's lives that had absolutely nothing to do with the act is just stupid and creating more division.

On a side note, did you see the Tweets by Chris Palmer (Some NBA commentator or something)? He was instigating, telling the rioters to burn everything down, but when they started coming towards his neighborhood he was calling them animals and telling them to go back where they live.

Assholes are assholes no matter what race.

I saw that! So hypocritical. But I’m glad they went to his neck of the woods. It’s hilarious. Twitter called him out though which awesome! Hopefully they got his house, but sadly I doubt they did. People like him calling for riots on social media should be arrested for inciting violence.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #780
Gold Star Baby!

Chris Palmer is an idiot, amongst many others calling for destruction of property and violence.

There’s a lot of different forces at work here. The last thing people need to be doing is fighting each other and giving the government an excuse to abuse their power. I don’t know what the answer is but it probably looks more like police reform than a race war. This needs to stop.

*edit And as I typed this... Trump was delivering a speech flexing military power and threading to override and get the military involved states that don’t do “enough”

Maybe it’s just me, but this smells like part of the plan and what a lot of these unaffiliated rioters and looters were aiming for.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-01-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM