Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rant Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #781

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
*edit And as I typed this... Trump was delivering a speech flexing military power and threading to override and get the military involved states that don’t do “enough”

Maybe it’s just me, but this smells like part of the plan and what a lot of these unaffiliated rioters and looters were aiming for.
GOOD! If they want to act like animals then treat them like animals.

Do you really think most of the rioters and looters aren’t legit?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #782
Gold Star Baby!

This is the (one of many) type of things that’s terrifying. Y’all okay with this?

https://www.facebook.com/7382473689/...3690/?vh=e&d=n

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
GOOD! If they want to act like animals then treat them like animals.

Do you really think most of the rioters and looters aren’t legit?
There’s some rioting and looting going on from people involved in the protests, I’m not denying that, that’s not the protests purpose and the true leaders aren’t advocating for that and are actively pushing against it. They’re also out there cleaning up in the mornings after. But there’s evidence of looting and violence being started and instigated by police and other parties with ulterior motives.

I also don’t know where in “the book” it says the penalty for looting is death. Got a source?

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-01-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:30 PM   #783

Quote:
This is the (one of many) type of things that’s terrifying. Y’all okay with this?

https://www.facebook.com/7382473689/...3690/?vh=e&d=n

There’s some rioting and looting going on from people involved in the protests, I’m not denying that, that’s not the protests purpose and the true leaders aren’t advocating for that and are actively pushing against it. They’re also out there cleaning up in the mornings after. But there’s evidence of looting and violence being started and instigated by police and other parties with ulterior motives.

I also don’t know where in “the book” it says the penalty for looting is death. Got a source?
Yes, I'm 100% fine with that video. Again, if people are going to act like animals then you must treat them as such until we can restore order. In my opinion they waited too long.

There shouldn't have been an officer on the ground after the peaceful protests turned into destructive riots and looting. Those officers were at risk dealing with these mobs because the riots supposedly started because of police. There were plenty of officers that were attacked. They should have been patrolling via armed helicopters with the authority to use lethal force against these scumbags. Follow orders or be dealt with using whatever means necessary. The lives of the people doing the looting, vandalizing and burning things down are worthless. They are subhuman. They are a cancer on society.

The stores and the property of the innocent are worth much more than the lives of these rioters. If you act uncivilized and destroy civilization that isn't yours then your life means nothing.

At this point the riots are worse than the original crime - 100%. So many innocent people were attacked. So many innocent people had their livelihoods destroyed by people that are criminals and thieves and nothing more.

Do you think allowing the free for all is a better solution? It's not a solution at all IMO.

Did the rioters think acting like animals was going to earn them respect? All this did was portray stereotypes and make race relations even worse.

At least most people out there, of all races, are intelligent and realize that the riots did nothing, that the riots aren't even related to George Floyd and that the people doing it are pieces of shit.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:07 PM   #784
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
They are subhuman. They are a cancer on society.
Quote:
The stores and the property... are worth more than lives.....
Quote:
At this point the riots are worse than the original crime - 100%.
I don’t think there’s anything to discuss that we’re going to agree on.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:14 PM   #785
I wanna be Dave

New Rant...

I think I have had it with Face Book, done. Right now it seems to be nothing more than fuel for the fires of hate, half of my "friends" are blaming the other half for shit they had no part it. If Zuckerberg had any decency at all, he'd pull the plug on the whole shit show.

End Rant.

Quote:
I think you and I are pretty much in the same boat brother. I would love to sit down with you over a beer or two. I would bet we'd find more common ground that way.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:23 PM   #786

Quote:
Fair enough. That's quite possible.

I'll never value the life of somebody that values nothing and I'll try to conclude with that. This disaster is ever changing though so at this point we don't know what tomorrow brings.

I have to say I'm really proud the most local protests have remained civilized and peaceful!
Old 06-01-2020, 08:33 PM   #787
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
New Rant...

I think I have had it with Face Book, done. Right now it seems to be nothing more than fuel for the fires of hate, half of my "friends" are blaming the other half for shit they had no part it. If Zuckerberg had any decency at all, he'd pull the plug on the whole shit show.

End Rant.

I think you and I are pretty much in the same boat brother. I would love to sit down with you over a beer or two. I would bet we'd find more common ground that way.
#1 completely agree
#2 completely agree

Quote:
I'll never value the life of somebody that values nothing and I'll try to conclude with that.
This made me think of the nihilists in the Big Lebowski.

I generally value all life, even if I don’t understand it. Life and time is all any of us really have in this existence, once it’s gone so is everything.

Oddly enough, the Ender’s Game books influenced that a good bit.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2020, 08:42 PM   #788

Quote:
I generally value all life, even if I don’t understand it. Life and time is all any of us really have in this existence, once it’s gone so is everything.

Oddly enough, the Ender’s Game books influenced that a good bit.
I value life as well. Heck, I hate killing ants in the house. My girlfriend sometimes "yells" at me for taking a stinkbug or beetle outside instead of killing it. But when people don't value or respect the lives of others I think differently.

There are some good stories coming from all of this evil though. This one is my favorite.

Link if embed stops working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PowNeDQCac
Old 06-04-2020, 05:03 PM   #789
Pebble Pounder

After the wife and I have been loyal JC Penny customers for years, they can piss off.

I got a letter in the mail today saying that our account was closed for "chronic delinquency". This stemmed from my wife making a payment (on time) through JCP's app. Two weeks later she notices the payment didn't go through. There was a glitch in THEIR APP that decided to try and take the payment from a bank account we haven't had in over 5 years. So, my wife calls and tries to get this sorted out. The "customer service" rep proceeds to tell my wife that there is a pattern. The "pattern" was one other instance, a year and a half ago. This happened because we switched banks (due to a re-fi) and when my wife went to pay the bill, she forgot to update the bank info. An honest mistake. That was their definition of "chronic delinquency". The rep proceeds to tell my wife that it is a done deal and their is nothing she can do. Well, there is something WE can do. We paid off the balance and washed our hands of them. We're not going to pay interest on an account that is no longer usable to us. I was rooting for them to survive bankruptcy. Now I couldn't care less if they survive.

The irony is that we are "chronically delinquent", yet they have been increasing our limit regularly and even gave my wife a platinum card.

Last edited by skinnyj; 06-04-2020 at 06:17 PM.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #790
Rock Crawler

Sadly, JCP is not what it used to be. I've been to the original store. In the 1980s. All the ones I've been to in the last 10 years or so, are NOTHING like that. Kinda sad 'cause they used to be a source of local pride for Wyomingites.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #791
I wanna be Dave

My truck almost got hit by a car with significant front end damage...

The woman in control of the car had her nose planted in her cell phone...

Coincidence?

Maybe...

But I don't think so.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:37 PM   #792
Gold Star Baby!

Been having a heck of a couple weeks lately, nothing overly detrimental (except for one) but a lot of frustrations.

Most of it revolves around things not working like they should. This may get a little long...

It started with me dropping my phone in a pan that was soaking in my kitchen sink while talking to my boss. Ever since then my phone hasn’t been working completely right, sound would be a little off and occasionally people couldn’t hear me but it was mostly functional. Then, after dropping it and getting it soaked I had the case off so the artwork my daughter made me could dry out from the dip.

The next morning, still caseless, I’m doing my stinker tinker time in the bathroom and drop the phone right on the tile floor. I picked the phone up and watched a crack slowly spiderweb across the screen over the next 20 seconds. This happened the day before I was leaving to California and not knowing how much longer my phone would survive in its form and not wanting to risk being stuck somewhere in the Mojave desert with a broken phone I gave in and picked up a new iPhone 11 Pro Max air pod loofa S or whatever it’s called these days. I knew set up would take a while so I started it, got to the point where it just needed to restart with the Apple on the screen so let it sit. Well, it sat, for around 28 hours and never came back to life. Just an Apple.

So I drive to California with my broken phone, thankfully no issues, and end up exchanging the faulty new phone for another new one out in California. New phone works great and silver lining is my photos and video quality should get a bit of an upgrade with this phone.

Ever since my 13 year old lexus broke down coming back from California last year, I’ve been renting cars for the road trip. I get to enterprise to pick up a Camry, but since the location I reserved with just reopened their inventory was low and they didn’t have a Camry or anything remotely similar. I ended up being given a “discounted” Nissan Armada which gets a lovely 16mpg on the highway. So my gas costs for the trip doubled but whatever, time to go see the kiddo.

We get to the hotel around 4pm but they apparently didn’t have any pet rooms ready so we had to sit around the lobby for a while. We were told 10-15 minutes but it ended up being an hour. This was frustrating because if they told me it would have been an hour up front and set expectations accordingly I wouldn’t have been wondering when the room would be ready every 15 minutes and could have gone to do something. Oh well, we get to the room and it’s nice and clean. Another win.

We have a great weekend out in California, not too many other headaches other than a couple food orders going wrong and me having to put my Karen hat on to get it rectified (not that srs, just getting money back for items we didn’t receive, honest mistake). But overall a nice trip.

This morning we head out to the armada and try to go get breakfast and the dang thing won’t start. Battery shows it has juice but it doesn’t even try. A couple phone calls and hours later we get a replacement rental car, which is a Hyundai Elantra, it was a whole lot smaller but also better on gas so I’ll take the trade off for the long drive back after dropping my daughter off.

Finally get back home, and start thinking about how it’s back to work tomorrow, this is where the real rub kicks in. Our line of business is centered around due diligence on mortgage trades in the secondary market. Since the shut downs spread the market as screeched to a halt with us performing maybe 20% of the work we were doing last year. Because of this, the company needs to save money. So they are demoting nearly everyone company wide and doling out large pay cuts (20% - 25%). From what I’m told we should be getting that news for our business unit tomorrow, and effective this coming Monday.

Everything that happened on the trip and with the phone was small potatoes and no sweat at the end of the day. But this work one, that’s going to hurt. Building will probably slow down for me for a while (after the Sherpa expert bday build) but I’m hoping to get lots of wheeling in with the rigs I’ve been wrenching on all year.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-09-2020 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-13-2020, 06:41 AM   #793
I wanna be Dave

I'm an automotive technician deemed an "essential" worker here in vermont. So while I'm working my ass off for regular pay the last 2 monthes all my non essential friends are taking home more money on unemployment than I earn working 40+ hours a week. Doesn't give them much motivation to return to work when they can make more doing nothing. Anyone else's state have such a frigged up unenjoyment system?

The only benefit to me was a less annoying commute with over 50% less idiots on the road. That too is slowly ending.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 07:20 AM   #794
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I'm an automotive technician deemed an "essential" worker here in vermont. So while I'm working my ass off for regular pay the last 2 monthes all my non essential friends are taking home more money on unemployment than I earn working 40+ hours a week. Doesn't give them much motivation to return to work when they can make more doing nothing. Anyone else's state have such a frigged up unenjoyment system?

The only benefit to me was a less annoying commute with over 50% less idiots on the road. That too is slowly ending.
There is not much about the welfare or unemployment system that I like or that I think works the way it should. But, sadly, in this case, they needed to give an added incentive to people with "non-essential" jobs to stat home during this perceived crisis. It sucks for those of us still working, but it is what it is.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #795
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post

Yep... My wife is working 40-48 hrs a week ( no complaints there) but her employer cut a lot of the other employee hours a couple months ago. So they still work but only about 24 hrs a week. Unemployment is picking up the tab for the remaining hours. Now these employees aren't wanting to return since they're making a full paycheck and only working part time. So the work load on my wife has increased due to her willingness to be there as much as they need her... Yet she doesn't have the help that she needs so she's running ragged trying to pick up all the slack. Hopefully this "opportunity" for her coworkers will soon run out b/c she really needs some assistance.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 AM   #796
I wanna be Dave

My unemployment is more than the additional the feds are kicking in so my post tax weekly payments are within $200 a week of my normal take home. I'm ready to go back to work so I can relax... I've been busier than ever while laid off with my parents moving and me doing all their tech setup and handyman projects.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 06:50 AM   #797
I wanna be Dave

It has happened before, and it happened again...

Driving through town, its 35mph on the main street. There is three to four car lengths between my truck and the car in front of me. Behind me, nothing but blacktop for a least a quarter mile. Jackass pulls out from the grocery store parking lot, breaking traction to get between me and the car in front of me. Then the turd drives 20mph through the rest of town...
Old 06-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #798
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:

Driving through town, its 35mph on the main street. There is three to four car lengths between my truck and the car in front of me. Behind me, nothing but blacktop for a least a quarter mile. Jackass pulls out from the grocery store parking lot, breaking traction to get between me and the car in front of me. Then the turd drives 20mph through the rest of town...
I know this scenario. There are some special kinda brains out there in the world...
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #799
Rock Crawler

Well i sort of just did the same, with a truck.
And though i did gun my little red car, well he came right up there in 15 seconds, clearly i needed to be taught a lesson.
And some lesson it could have been, few seconds in a cat jumped out in front of my car, and i know many drivers would have stomped the brake in that situation, and with 30 tonnes of tanker truck ( milk ) well that could have turned really ugly.

And okay maybe i should have waited the 20 seconds or so until he had passed, but i did what i did and i stand by that too, and what he did well weapons are not allowed here not even wheeled 30 tonnes ones.

It could all have been avoided if he just lifted on the throttle for 2 seconds, but i am pretty sure he was already banging on the limiter which are set to 90 km/h over here, and the road is 80 km/h

Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #800
RCC Addict

Quote:

Louisiana was the worst place I have ever lived as far as people doing this. It was especially bad when I had my toy hauler. I'd be doing 60-65, which was 5-10mph over the speed limit, and some numb nuts would pull out 30 yards in front of me so I'd have to slam on the brakes. Then they would do 50mph all the way into town and there was no way I could speed up enough to pass in the short open areas on the windy 2 lane roads.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM