Notices

Thread: * Official 2011 Scale Rules Questions Thread *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #241
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
Another quick question.

I've been toying around with adding an internal cage to the Landy D90 build (see image below).

I'm already counting Exo-Cage points at -3

My question is, if I add an internal cage following the A & B pillars and across the windshield, etc....would I get another -3 points for a 1 row interior cage?

Thanks!!!

Not according to the rules you wouldn't.. actually the way its worded you get nothing for any tube work without seats..
Interior cage or exo-cage: (-3 metal -1 Plastic) per row of seats protected. (Must have down bars and cross bars in front & behind each row.)
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2011, 03:01 PM   #242
I wanna be Dave

Okay, so my landy has 2 seats inside, so I can either get Exo points or Interior cage points, but cannot have both.

If I have 2 rows of seats, then I could opt to cage them as well for an additional set of points.

Gotcha

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #243
I wanna be Dave

oh how I could blur this issue.... but I wont
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:19 PM   #244
I wanna be Dave

I feel ya, but what I want is there to be ZERO room for error on my part. I want to know with 100% certainty that when I arrive at tech in that I know exactly what scale points I have and can backup my build with the rules.

This year I'm not in it to win it as most my rigs are barely over the minimum scale points. I just don't feel like making my rigs so scale that they can't perform and lets face it, it's a delicate balancing act to work. The more scale, the further from capable you get and visa versa.

I'm going for scale enough, without making them boring to drive

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:11 PM   #245
I wanna be Dave

I hear you, I also have built my rigs well withing the spirit of the rules and there should be no questions at all on the points I recieve.Not my typical rigs this year at all,way more scale VS performance than I have ever built for the most part.Although,they all are over the max points allowed
Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #246
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
Not according to the rules you wouldn't.. actually the way its worded you get nothing for any tube work without seats..
Interior cage or exo-cage: (-3 metal -1 Plastic) per row of seats protected. (Must have down bars and cross bars in front & behind each row.)
So without a full interior, I won't get any cage points then. Pretty strong stance.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #247
I wanna be Dave

You could have a 2d or 1/2 interior and acheive points for roll cage/exo...however you look at it.Wording does elude to seats included to acheive.Maybe a clarification from the MSD tech crew
Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #248
Gettin’ back on the horse

There are rules?

TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #249
bsn
Quarry Creeper

I guess I could make myself a small lawn chair and tape it in with duct tape. That would be scale and would definately put me in the running for best scale assesory.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #250
MODERHATER™

I don't know if thus has even covered but in the rules it says motor and trans must be covered, not visible from the top or side. Is the spur gear considered part of the transmission? Must it be covered?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #251
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I don't know if thus has even covered but in the rules it says motor and trans must be covered, not visible from the top or side. Is the spur gear considered part of the transmission? Must it be covered?
What rig do you have where you can see the spur gear?

And I would consider that part of the trans.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #252
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
What rig do you have where you can see the spur gear?

And I would consider that part of the trans.
If this is the case, somebody better let Norm in on this because his spur gear is visible from almost every angle on his TTC build. Hate to see him DQ'd for it.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #253
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
If this is the case, somebody better let Norm in on this because his spur gear is visible from almost every angle on his TTC build. Hate to see him DQ'd for it.
Well, im making a shroud for it but im gonna check into the rules again.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #254
Rock Crawler

Im curious, if the mitir sits in the engine bay and the bottom edge of the motor is below the frame rail , would that be legal as it may be seen from the side.
SDS Customz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Something like that where the motor hangs below the frame will be fine. If it looks too bad, paint it black.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #256
bsn
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
You could have a 2d or 1/2 interior and acheive points for roll cage/exo...however you look at it.Wording does elude to seats included to acheive.Maybe a clarification from the MSD tech crew
Hotwheels has a pretty good grasp on the rules, however is there something on this from one of the MSD guys? Thanks

And just for clarification, I am running a honcho body with unpainted windows (can see in but not cut). Do I need to cover the motor trans? last year I was fine as it was an inclosed body. If I cut the windows and doors or go with half doors, I would need to get things covered, correct?
Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM   #257
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsn View Post
Hotwheels has a pretty good grasp on the rules, however is there something on this from one of the MSD guys? Thanks

And just for clarification, I am running a honcho body with unpainted windows (can see in but not cut). Do I need to cover the motor trans? last year I was fine as it was an inclosed body. If I cut the windows and doors or go with half doors, I would need to get things covered, correct?
You don't have to hide the trans/motor, etc if you have a full cab with windows, but it always looks better if you tint the windows slightly so you can't see in as easily. We want stock honchos and the like to be legal.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #258
www.team3sixrc.com

My problem is solved on the Teeny.
made a shroud for the spur gear.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #259
Quarry Creeper

i have a front bumper width question for c1. im running a tj and want to add the width on the grillguard that is a part of the front bumper. does this count or will I need to add the width where the bumper crosses the frame? here is an older pic. my fenders are now trimmed. the orange represents the tube I would want to add to meet the width requirements.
wheelinjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #260
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelinjp View Post
i have a front bumper width question for c1. im running a tj and want to add the width on the grillguard that is a part of the front bumper. does this count or will I need to add the width where the bumper crosses the frame? here is an older pic. my fenders are now trimmed. the orange represents the tube I would want to add to meet the width requirements.
it's kind of hard to see from your pic, but your bumper has to be the width of your windshield at the bumper that attaches to the frame rails, a grill guard does not count as a bumper for width.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote