Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: * Official 2011 Scale Rules Questions Thread *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #161
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
As long as you have a drop bed, removing the tailgate would be fine.
Thanks Tim.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #162
Rock Crawler

Default Oh no...

Legal or Illegal for class 2 question...

Just need to find out if this rig is legal for trail class. It meets all the other requirements for cage dimensions , etc... I think... or will the "no sectioning/narrowing of the body" rule stand even with full exo?

Maybe if it had front tube flares off the fenders to widen the front ???

DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Did you narrow that cab?? it looks like it from the pics. Class 2 • Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #164
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Legal or Illegal for class 2 question...

Just need to find out if this rig is legal for trail class. It meets all the other requirements for cage dimensions , etc... I think... or will the "no sectioning/narrowing of the body" rule stand even with full exo?

Maybe if it had front tube flares off the fenders to widen the front ???

Looks like a real nice class 3 to me. I might put a taller tire on it or not.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #165
Rock Crawler

Thanks guys, thats what I figured. Never hurts to ask.

Looks like I'm building a trail class shell, Montana bound...
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Slobin,
I have several guys here in Utah that want to try out for TTC but they only have one rig to run in that and/or Trail/Mod.

I know that we cannot run the same rig in two classes, but does that apply to TTC too?

Thanks!!!

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Brett, you can enter any one rig into the TTC, no matter if you ran it in a class at Nats or not. What ever rig you think will get voted in. I don't expect people to build a specific rig just for the TTC, but you can if you want.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #168
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
Slobin,
I have several guys here in Utah that want to try out for TTC but they only have one rig to run in that and/or Trail/Mod.

I know that we cannot run the same rig in two classes, but does that apply to TTC too?

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Brett, you can enter any one rig into the TTC, no matter if you ran it in a class at Nats or not. What ever rig you think will get voted in. I don't expect people to build a specific rig just for the TTC, but you can if you want.
What Tim said, TTC you can use any truck you want to enter whether it's entered into one of the 3 classes or not.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
What Tim said, TTC you can use any truck you want to enter whether it's entered into one of the 3 classes or not.
Thank you gentleman!!!!

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #170
Oppan Gangnam Style

Since my back hasn't been doing well, I don't think I feel up to it or have time to build another Class 1 and Class 3 rig from scratch.

This has been collecting dust for the quite a while and just needs the minor detailing finished. I believe it will qualify for class 1, just want to be sure before I dust it off.

• 30 Min. Scale Points Required with a cap of 60

Should be good

• Vehicle must have a windshield that fills the entire windshield frame

Yes

• Full width bumpers are required on the front and rear of the vehicle. Bumpers that are molded into the body qualify. A rear bumper is not required on a flatbed, but adding one to the flatbed will gain the additional scale points. (Bumpers are measured from the outsides and must be the width of your windshield).

Yes but due to the narrowness of the cab, can they be as narrow as the windshield?

• Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/- 1/2 inch total combined)

Yes on the front but no wheelwells on the rear, this is my main concern.

• The vehicles body must be mostly intact. Mild trimming such as flairs & removing a hardtop allowed only. If hardtop is removed full interior is required. (no extreme trimming of bodies allowed See below.)

Yes, since I don't see any body dimensions is it o.k that it's 1/14 scale?

• The tread of the tires cannot extend outside of the wheel wells more then 1/2 of the tread width, flairs can be added to reach min. spec.

Yes

• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)(Tamiya CC-01 Chassis are allowed)

Yes

• Truggies are not allowed, flatbeds with full length rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed. Cab only not allowed.

Yes, bed is wider than cab (but for clarification reasons, if my bed was as wide as the cab but not as wide as the front fenders would it be legal)

• Tires can never extend beyond the body’s bumpers or the rear of any truck bed. (Any stingers, fairleads, shackles, bolts, etc are not considered part of a bumper when determining this.)

Yes

• Dovetailing is not allowed.

• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed.

• Bobbing a truck bed is allowed, but must follow All body specs

• Boat sides are not allowed.

Could the rounded bottoms of the fuel tanks be considered as boat sides without the steps? (I will be running the steps BTW)

• 106mm / 4.19" Max tire size including spare

Yes

• Gates will be a minimum of 11" wide (so mind your width)

Is 7 5/8" too narrow?
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #171
I'm a stupid C U N T!

My initial impressions say it should be good. Does your rear tires extend past you bed? its hard to tell from pic
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

I'd let you run in class 1 with that rig Dean....looks good to me!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #173
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
My initial impressions say it should be good. Does your rear tires extend past you bed? its hard to tell from pic
No, it's good.

Quote:
Thanks, I'm trying to squeeze a sound unit in somewhere and keep the full interior. Not much room left and probably won't crawl worth a damn but hey, it's pretty damn scale.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #174
Quarry Creeper

Default Spec. TTC???

So when do we enter and what are the stipulations for TTC? I heard rumor that you had to at least place in the top 5 of a scale comp. To enter a TTC rig. And spec. Any news on date to enter?
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:00 PM   #175
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
So when do we enter and what are the stipulations for TTC? I heard rumor that you had to at least place in the top 5 of a scale comp. To enter a TTC rig. And spec. Any news on date to enter?

What he said!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
What he said!
What she said!
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
For the TTC, you will be allowed to enter any one rig. A thread will be opened in the next couple of weeks and you will post up pictures of your rig, specifications, and a few reasons why you should be voted in. After a pre-determined amount of time we will allow people to vote for their favorite trucks, and the top ten vote-getters will get to compete in the 2011 TTC. Don't know about spec class.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #178
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I would agree. Looks good, Dean! I was giving serious consideration to a Trials Truck of some form for Class 1 so I'll be interested to see how yours does.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #179
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I would agree. Looks good, Dean! I was giving serious consideration to a Trials Truck of some form for Class 1 so I'll be interested to see how yours does.
Thanks! If I get it done in time, it should be very challenging (challenging equals fun). Probably work like poo but I like to run stuff that's different.

BTW, what would a sound unit net me as far as neg points? Everything fits under the hood (amazingly enough) except the speaker. Might have to disguise it in a wood crate and toss it in the bed.

Last edited by chino63; 04-02-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #180
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
Thanks! If I get it done in time, it should be very challenging (challenging equals fun). Probably work like poo but I like to run stuff that's different.

BTW, what would a sound unit net me as far as neg points? Everything fits under the hood (amazingly enough) except the speaker. Might have to disguise it in a wood crate and toss it in the bed.
It would fall under the etc... portion of scale accesories.I would call it functional, so, 1 or 2 points depending on the tech persons view...I would give it 2 points, those units are big ,bulky,and heavy

Last edited by hotwheels000; 04-02-2011 at 10:34 AM.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote