Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig ESC Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #441
Quarry Creeper

I don't see how it could since the 3rd channel can only act as linear or 3 position. And you cannot assign different buttons to perform different tasks like you can with say the 3r. At best you would only be able to perform one function or the other at a time without having to change what way your 3rd channel works.
LEADFOOT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #442
I wanna be Dave

Picked mine up today hope sher works like the model on display at i hobby
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:26 PM   #443
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADFOOT82 View Post
I don't see how it could since the 3rd channel can only act as linear or 3 position. And you cannot assign different buttons to perform different tasks like you can with say the 3r. At best you would only be able to perform one function or the other at a time without having to change what way your 3rd channel works.
With the DX3R you can assign those functions to different switches and each switch tells the radio what signal to send even if it is on the one channel. Of course you can't have both at the same time but you can program AUX Linear to switch F and AUX 3P to switch C and choose which you want to use. You can also program D or E to be a 2P switch giving you a third choice of DIG. Yes all on the same channel but not at the same time.

My gripe about the DX3R is that you need to switch screens to the Monitor screen to verify your position/trim which doesn't show the timer. A minor thing with the M2 using red and blue LEDs to show which DIG is active.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #444
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
Picked mine up today hope sher works like the model on display at i hobby
Hey Kasper, I'm still waiting to get my Bullies from RC4WD. It's been over a week now. I have the M2 and motors, all the wiring harnesses BEC and Rx.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #445
Rock Stacker

i am going to order one really soon and was wondering if i will be able to use it with my mx-3 fhss. It only has a 2 position 3rd on it. I know i will not be able to use the proportional dig or the rear dig but will i be able to switch between 4wd and front dig. Im worried it wont program right and i will end up with front dig and rear dig with no 4wd because of the lack of another position on my 3rd channel. I dont have money for another radio right now and would really like to utilize the m2 ... Thanks
Slow Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #446

I think that i am having the same problems as many,i have the wrong radios!
i got a dx 3s,mx-3,and a dx6 can i use any of these radios on my m2
i thought that a may have a chance with the dx6.is there any hope here?
FLIPPER RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #447
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
My gripe about the DX3R is that you need to switch screens to the Monitor screen to verify your position/trim which doesn't show the timer. A minor thing with the M2 using red and blue LEDs to show which DIG is active.
I thought this was going to be a problem, but I really haven't needed to look at it. I have the LEDs mounted in the front window, they tell me what dig is active. I have found that two taps of SW B (Linear) gives all of the power I need to overcome clod stall.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #448
I wanna be Dave

I hope it works with my 4pk
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #449
Quarry Creeper

Got mine working pretty good now that i'm using the M2's bec ! When I used the CC/BEC , It was glitching and popping real bad and finally died !
I'm using 3s....so as soon as I get a new ext. BEC i'll just hook it straight to the servo only.
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 PM   #450
Rock Crawler

Well the m2 worked good enough for me to get 4th at Utah state champs this weekend. I ended up just running the internal BEC and it held up to a 7950TH with a 3 cell but thats only running 5min at a time. When I went to fun crawl after the comp I was about 20min into it and I guess the ESC got hot and started messing with the servo. All around great product. Thanks novak
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #451
RCC Addict

Anyone who wired straight to the servo have isssues?
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #452
Holmes Hobbies

Wired mine exactly as diagram and still have a glitch,The bec light flickers and servo glitches.I have one touched program so many times,I can get the dig to work but AUX Linear only moves from 4 wd to dig without slowing the motors. No biased faster or slower
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:11 PM   #453
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
I did, I noticed when I had the motors under a load (climbing) and was using the servo, the servo would glitch. I installed a CC BEC wired through the RX (Spektrum 3100) set to 6.5V and the problem went away.

Just remember when installing the BEC through the RX that you have to remove BOTH red wires going to the RX's Throttle and 3rd channel ports.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #454
I wanna be Dave

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
I did, I noticed when I had the motors under a load (climbing) and was using the servo, the servo would glitch. I installed a CC BEC wired through the RX (Spektrum 3100) set to 6.5V and the problem went away.

Just remember when installing the BEC through the RX that you have to remove BOTH red wires going to the RX's Throttle and 3rd channel ports.
Did you use use a y connector? And did you add the ESC red wire back to the ESC plug when you wired it straight to to the servo? I believe you have to do that. Well, that's how i have mine setup on my old fxr. It's worked for 10 months with no issues.

You may know this, I was just curious.

I will be bench testing mine tomorrow. Using a y-connector on the servo to get power from the BEC directly. You have to add the Red wire back to the ESC so it powers the receiver again.

Explains it better here.
7950 problems?

Last edited by Szczerba; 11-09-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #455
I wanna be Dave

to use the bias control do you need a radio that has trim functions on it's 3rd channel? i have a tq2.4 4ch radio (converted 4/5 channels to true 3-pos switch) but it doesn't have trims. i'm guessing that means i could do front or rear dig but no biasing.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #456
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebster View Post
to use the bias control do you need a radio that has trim functions on it's 3rd channel? i have a tq2.4 4ch radio (converted 4/5 channels to true 3-pos switch) but it doesn't have trims. i'm guessing that means i could do front or rear dig but no biasing.
I don't know if that will work or not. The DX3R has a linear mode on the 3rd channel and this is what controls the proportional dig.

I haven't seen anyone post that they are using that radio of this ESC. If you get it working post a thread on it.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #457

Default 4pks and m2 dig

charlie any ideas on set up 4pks with m2 dig tried harleys setup cant do one touch set up with his settings tried both set up one for the dig and dual esc i was told to go with dual fxrs but really like the size of the m2 can some one from novak please help me out
tofas4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #458
RCC Addict

Charlie's in Thialand announcing for the 1/8 worlds ... He'll be back next week.
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #459
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofas4you View Post
charlie any ideas on set up 4pks with m2 dig tried harleys setup cant do one touch set up with his settings tried both set up one for the dig and dual esc i was told to go with dual fxrs but really like the size of the m2 can some one from novak please help me out
If you are talking about Harleys setup for dual esc's then you are going in the wrong direction.

I have never seen or touched a 4pks but here is what you need to do.

Ok, turn off all mixing...You dont need any
Setup a 3 position switch for the 3rd channel (front and rear dig)
Setup a second switch for linear 3rd channel (or you could put in 10% steps or something like that if you wanted)

Not sure that the 4pks will let you have 2 switches for one channel so you may have to use one or the other.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #460

anyone using a dx3e, if so how is it working.

Thanks
buzz1436 is offline   Reply With Quote