Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #1961

Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Thanks for the quick reply. I am finishing a build on a super class crawler, but I still need a 4ch radio and escs. I'm just trying to decide which ones. It already has dual servos for 4ws, and I need to add the escs, I was just wondering how dig works with a set up like this. Thanks for the info, I'm still learning. Is the 4pl much different then the m11 as far as setting up a crawler like this? I do like the size of the 4pl, but haven't decided between the two yet.
Patric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #1962
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patric View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I am finishing a build on a super class crawler, but I still need a 4ch radio and escs. I'm just trying to decide which ones. It already has dual servos for 4ws, and I need to add the escs, I was just wondering how dig works with a set up like this. Thanks for the info, I'm still learning. Is the 4pl much different then the m11 as far as setting up a crawler like this? I do like the size of the 4pl, but haven't decided between the two yet.
It's very different. The M11 doesn't have the proper mixing abilities that the 4PL does.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 AM   #1963

Alright, I guess the only thing I liked about the m11 was the cability of a specktrum module. I will likely go with the 4pl then, thanks.
Patric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 AM   #1964
Quarry Creeper

i read through much and did not find my answer and i searched lol

QUESTION... can i setup a button to return bias to neutral or 100/100. obviously i can just click it back the number of times i clicked it the other way, but sometimes i forget how many times.

example. i clicked bias 5 times forward and i am unsure how many times to click for neutral and cannot hear the beep well because of a rushing stream. i want to be able to click a button to return mixing trim back to normal or 0 bias.

i have tried to find this and cannot, so any help would be appreciated.
pitcher2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #1965
Pebble Pounder

I'm not shore a button to return it but what I do I put my radio on the screen that shows the wheels at the bottom. It will show you which dig you are in and then up at the top will show you're bias. Don't know if this will help but its what I do so I know.
wildmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #1966
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher2103 View Post

QUESTION... can i setup a button to return bias to neutral or 100/100. obviously i can just click it back the number of times i clicked it the other way, but sometimes i forget how many times.

example. i clicked bias 5 times forward and i am unsure how many times to click for neutral and cannot hear the beep well because of a rushing stream. i want to be able to click a button to return mixing trim back to normal or 0 bias.

There is no button to do that, you just have to watch your mixes. In reality, once you drive your rig long enough you won't even look at it. You will just be able to "feel" how the rig is driving and adjust accordingly.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #1967
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammoth View Post
Did a search in this thread and can't seem to find what i'm looking for. The issue I am having is I cannot get full steering even with the epa turned up to 120. When I was running a spectrum I had full lock to lock now I don't. My xr10 knuckles would hit the housing on both sides, now they are about 3/16 away from hitting. The only thing I changed was the tx. How do I get that steering back?

im having the same problem, end points and duel rate is all the way up. is there a difference between the two radio's. i like the 4pl a lot better, and i would like to keep using it if i can.
hotbodies racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #1968
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
There is no button to do that, you just have to watch your mixes. In reality, once you drive your rig long enough you won't even look at it. You will just be able to "feel" how the rig is driving and adjust accordingly.
Hallo Harley,
I've got DT4 set as front/rear dig on/off.
DT2 as rear proportional in 20% steps. Might move this to DT3.

Is it possible to do the same proportional dig to the front say on a spare DT switch? Rear then stays at 100%.
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #1969
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcher2103 View Post

Pick another switch to set up for the bias, set it up so it is in 3 steps. When you activate it,it will override the previous setting and go to the "nuetral" posistion so to speak. You can have multiple switches performing the same action in different increments..... Hope that makes sence.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #1970
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
Hallo Harley,
I've got DT4 set as front/rear dig on/off.
DT2 as rear proportional in 20% steps. Might move this to DT3.

Is it possible to do the same proportional dig to the front say on a spare DT switch? Rear then stays at 100%.
No, the biasing is adjusted by the rear motor only. I don't suggest ever touching the front motor bias even on the 4PK where it is possible. It is one more thing to get mixed up with on course. Overdriving the rear is almost always enough. Haven't really had any of the top drivers disagree with me on that setup. So when we developed the 4PL programming it was not something that was included.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #1971
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No, the biasing is adjusted by the rear motor only. I don't suggest ever touching the front motor bias even on the 4PK where it is possible. It is one more thing to get mixed up with on course. Overdriving the rear is almost always enough. Haven't really had any of the top drivers disagree with me on that setup. So when we developed the 4PL programming it was not something that was included.
Thanks,

Using DT2 as bias trim works quite well and quick too.
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #1972
Quarry Creeper

thanks for the replies guys
pitcher2103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #1973
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Pick another switch to set up for the bias, set it up so it is in 3 steps. When you activate it,it will override the previous setting and go to the "nuetral" posistion so to speak. You can have multiple switches performing the same action in different increments..... Hope that makes sence.
I can only figure out how to set it up as a 2pos. What do I use to set up 3pos.
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #1974
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6575 View Post
I can only figure out how to set it up as a 2pos. What do I use to set up 3pos.
The first post has all the posts linked with simple instructions for that type of thing. Just set the step value to 100 for a 3 position switch.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #1975
Rock Crawler

Any tips for getting smoother downhill control? I messed with expo and neutral width, but I don't really know what I'm doing. Other people's rigs are much smoother. Mine picks up speed faster and jerks to a stop when I back off the trigger. Causes the car to tip rear-over.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #1976
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Any tips for getting smoother downhill control? I messed with expo and neutral width, but I don't really know what I'm doing. Other people's rigs are much smoother. Mine picks up speed faster and jerks to a stop when I back off the trigger. Causes the car to tip rear-over.
Decrease the drag brake and let it slow roll you down the hill. Unless you have Novak, than you're pretty much screwed.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #1977
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Yeah, but maybe an added toggle would be better as it would allow you to use a double momentary action, (assuming that's a good thing). In any event, is my understanding of the process correct?
Quote:
The slide switch is what I am planning on modifying. I believe it will work but haven't done it yet, just a lack of time.

Has anybody done the momentary toggle yet? I'm looking to do this for my winch. The static 3-way makes it difficult to be real precise.

-Brian
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #1978
I wanna be Dave

finally traded the spektrum for a 4pl... this guide has saved me all sorts of headaches!
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #1979
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
finally traded the spektrum for a 4pl... this guide has saved me all sorts of headaches!
You will like it better.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #1980
Rock Crawler

Can anyone explain why you'd want to do what this guy did with his mix? Don't need a 4pk!!! - YouTube
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM