Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2015, 10:47 AM   #4121
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TragOul View Post
Mine didnt start blinking. The word key came up and it would display the specific keys name when I pressed or scrolled. I played with it a bit though and it seems better. I guess well see. thx.

sent from some loaction dat has da interwebs
Im happy to hear that it seems better, for me its ok now, I hope that it will be to you too.
PSH72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2015, 11:55 AM   #4122
Pebble Pounder

So the site says 1-2 weeks backorder for the hack kit. Is that pretty accurate? Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the backorder and actual time frame.

Thanks!
nsimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:50 PM   #4123

I flashed the new firmware now the transmitter won't come on? In specific order, I pluged the wire into the transmitter then into the programmer. Then usb in the programmer then into the computer. Started software, tried to flash with remote off, turned remote on restarted software. Opened firmware file. Flashed firmware file. It said verified. I then unpluged usb from computer. Turned remote off then tried to turn back on and got nothing. LCD is just black. Can't flash firmware again if it won't turn on. Any ideas?
m14socom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #4124
Pebble Pounder

I have my GT3B set up to run my XR10 crawler and after a few years of use I starting to have some issues.
All works fine for maybe half a battery but then only the front wheels and steering work.
When I disconnect the battery and connect it again it will work for five minutes and the rear wheels will stop again.
If anyone has any idea what the issue is I would be grateful for some help.
cheers.
philg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #4125
Rock Stacker

Is there anywhere to purchase the hack kit in Canada?
skiiermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:55 PM   #4126

Having some problems with a remote I purchased a few months back. The roller/ selecter button no longer works properly. The push button seems to be broke. Any way I can send it in for service? Replacing that part is above my skill level. Obviously I would pay for shipping/parts.
timber beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:33 PM   #4127
Quarry Creeper

I'm very interested in purchasing a hack kit from you losikid. Hope ya get em on stock soon. I'll be checking your website from time to time to check up.
Thechewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #4128

If anyone is interested in backorder time, I placed and paid for my order of the kit with priority shipping (for tracking etc) on October 11, send a message inquiring on October 20, haven't received any update to my ticket on order status or gotten a tracking number yet. Tomorrow will make the 2 week since order. Just to give you all an idea. I really hope something happens soon. I can't wait to use it.
Magius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:32 PM   #4129

Order marked as shipped today the 26th, so the 2 week backorder is pretty much right on. CAN'T WAIT!
Old 10-31-2015, 11:14 PM   #4130
Pebble Pounder

I have a hacked ct3c. This is my first hacked radio. I got it used and don't have the program card and link wire. How do I know what is what on this radio? I'm lost with this thing lol.
speedsport22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #4131
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport22 View Post
I have a hacked ct3c. This is my first hacked radio. I got it used and don't have the program card and link wire. How do I know what is what on this radio? I'm lost with this thing lol.
You can read on here how to see what firmware you have. You want 6.1

You don't need the card or wire........ other than your charge wire
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:09 PM   #4132

Well, I got my GT3C kit, wired that guy up, flashed the sucker, and spent 4 hours researching and trying to program buttons. For some reason, I cannot seem to make heads or tails out of it. Can't get my 4ws to work how I want just yet :( Something just isn't clicking in my noggin about how the settings work. I have to hold ch3 trim forward in order for front steer only and hold it back for rear only... which settings do I use to not have to hold it, but just as a selector? I'll get it eventually, real odd that I haven't yet.

* i should add, that I am following already written guides because everything I tried on my own didnt work.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:17 PM   #4133
Pebble Pounder

I'd like to use my 3rd channel to turn lights on. But my remote is not showing a 3rd channel, and I have no idea what buttons do what
Old 11-04-2015, 07:35 PM   #4134
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14socom View Post
I flashed the new firmware now the transmitter won't come on? In specific order, I pluged the wire into the transmitter then into the programmer. Then usb in the programmer then into the computer. Started software, tried to flash with remote off, turned remote on restarted software. Opened firmware file. Flashed firmware file. It said verified. I then unpluged usb from computer. Turned remote off then tried to turn back on and got nothing. LCD is just black. Can't flash firmware again if it won't turn on. Any ideas?
You shouldn't have to be powering your radio on to program it. Are you using one of my kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philg View Post
I have my GT3B set up to run my XR10 crawler and after a few years of use I starting to have some issues.
All works fine for maybe half a battery but then only the front wheels and steering work.
When I disconnect the battery and connect it again it will work for five minutes and the rear wheels will stop again.
If anyone has any idea what the issue is I would be grateful for some help.
cheers.
What battery are you disconnecting? The one in your crawler?

This sounds like an esc issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiermike View Post
Is there anywhere to purchase the hack kit in Canada?
Not that I know of, If there is its not my kit. First class shipping rates to canada isn't that expensive though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber beast View Post
Having some problems with a remote I purchased a few months back. The roller/ selecter button no longer works properly. The push button seems to be broke. Any way I can send it in for service? Replacing that part is above my skill level. Obviously I would pay for shipping/parts.
I could try to fix it, but I haven't been very happy with the results in the three I've fixed so far. They all worked just fine afterwards but I had issues getting good solder joints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechewmaster View Post
I'm very interested in purchasing a hack kit from you losikid. Hope ya get em on stock soon. I'll be checking your website from time to time to check up.
Order one, it'll ship a couple weeks later...it should called a lead time not backorder. But I haven't got around to changing it.

I'm a full time engineering student, work a part time job, and do OverkillRC. I can usually only sit down a fill orders once a week, or every other week depending how busy I get. Which is why I have a 1-2 week lead/backorder on them

Quote:
Here is the firmware archive. First figure out what firmware you have. After power up, Press and hold enter. There should be a 3 digit number displayed (probably 061).

Then, click on the link below. Select your firmware version, then click manual. This outlines all the menus on the radio. Further help can be found in the thread by searching or posting your question

Index of /GT3X-Firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magius View Post
Well, I got my GT3C kit, wired that guy up, flashed the sucker, and spent 4 hours researching and trying to program buttons. For some reason, I cannot seem to make heads or tails out of it. Can't get my 4ws to work how I want just yet :( Something just isn't clicking in my noggin about how the settings work. I have to hold ch3 trim forward in order for front steer only and hold it back for rear only... which settings do I use to not have to hold it, but just as a selector? I'll get it eventually, real odd that I haven't yet.

* i should add, that I am following already written guides because everything I tried on my own didnt work.
You have your channel 3 trim switch mapped as a MOmentary function. To make your current setup non momentary

Scroll to REV, press enter-LONG
Scroll to 3, press enter
Leave the screen at 4WS, press enter
Scroll to BNL, press and hold enter
Press back/end afew times

Code:
- Key mapping specific for each model:
    > choose menu REV and press ENTER-long
    > menu REV will blink
    > choose trims (id: 1 2 3 d) or other keys (CH3: C, Back: b, End: E) or
        if trim is OFF, then also trim keys (id 1 2 3 d with left/right arrow)
    > press ENTER and modify first setting
    > press ENTER and modify next setting
    > ....
    -----
    steps of settings of trims (1 2 3 and D/R):
	- sequence:
	  function -> buttons -> step -> reverse -> opposite_reset -> previous_val -> rotate
	- function: selected function listed at the end of manual
	- B buttons:
	    MO - momentary, hold left/right trim key to get end values,
		 when nothing pressed, servo is at center
	    NL - no long keys, long press is the same as short press
	    AR - autorepeat is on
	    RS - long press of one of trim keys will reset to
		 centre/reset value
	    EN - long press of trim key will set to coresponding end value
	- step: select trim step for one trim key press (1, 2, ... 100, 200),
		not available when buttons MO or fuction is list of items (multi-position)
		is identified by symbol "V"
	- RE reverse:
	    0 - no change
	    1 - swap left/right trim keys
	- OR opposite_reset: not available when buttons MO
	    0 - no change
	    1 - when trim key is pressed and value is at opposite
		side of center/reset, set value to centre/reset,
	- PV previous_val: available only when buttons MO or fuction is list of
			   items (multi-position)
	    0 - no change
	    1 - instead of setting value to centre/reset when key is released,
		it is set to previous value, which was active before key press
	- RO rotate: available only if fuction is list of items (multi-position)
	    0 - no rotate
	    1 - rotate from max item to first item and back
Quote:
I'd like to use my 3rd channel to turn lights on. But my remote is not showing a 3rd channel, and I have no idea what buttons do what
Scroll to NAME, press and hold Enter
Scroll to C, press enter
Scroll to 3, Press and hold enter
press back/end afew times

Ok now scroll to REV, press and hold Enter
Scroll to C, press enter
Scroll to CH3, press enter
Scroll to MO0, press and hold enter
press back/end afew times

Now the channel 3 button on the handle will turn you lights on and off. (assuming you have a two position light controller connected to channel 3 on the rx)
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #4135
Pebble Pounder

any idea when you will have some 3c's in stock? i got put on the waiting list just curious if you had an idea along with Rx's?
DirtyChevy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:09 PM   #4136
Pebble Pounder

Ok so I have ver 6.1 I followed the directions to change chan3 to turn my lights off but it don't work. The lights are on as soon as the truck powers up. Now the chan3 trim actually adjusts the steering trim not chan 3 trim. Idk if that has any thing to do with it.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:24 PM   #4137
Got Worms?

Quote:
Ok so I have ver 6.1 I followed the directions to change chan3 to turn my lights off but it don't work. The lights are on as soon as the truck powers up. Now the chan3 trim actually adjusts the steering trim not chan 3 trim. Idk if that has any thing to do with it.
Follow the instructions I posted again....they are correct.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #4138
Pebble Pounder

The remote says it's working but my lights just turn on when I power up the truck. The lights are plugged into chan3 as well. Any ideas?
Old 11-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #4139
I wanna be Dave

Plug a servo into that channel where you are connecting your lights. You should be able to make the servo swing one way and the other when you push the button.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:21 PM   #4140
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The remote says it's working but my lights just turn on when I power up the truck. The lights are plugged into chan3 as well. Any ideas?
Are you sure your lights can be turned on via remote. Could just be hard wired on.
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM