Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics
Loading

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #3921
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: Channel Mixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasenk View Post
I saw a section in the FS-GT3BC PSX Manual, 4.13 Channel Mixes - "This section needs to be completed". Has this section been completed? Do I need a newer manual?

I would like to play around with the idea of mixing throttle input and steering input to the steering output to vary the steering servo output based on the amount of throttle input. More throttle less steering output but still the full range of steering input. I have ch1 at 100% with lots of expo to help have finer control but I wanted to see if mixing would be worth while. I think this will work on my Jet Boat as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm not sure if the firmware has this capability yet or not. I understand it is capable of mixing 2 channels output from 1 input like DIG or 4WS. I want the other way. It may turn out that its not practical for most applications but I'm hoping high speed applications can benefit.

The channel mixing functionality doesn't support that.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #3922
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Thanks for the reply, I can stop looking now. As it is possible on the Deviation firmware for DEVO transmitters is it possible to implement on GT3b transmitter? I realize there may not be enough interest in this so I'm not expecting a firmware change, just curious if it is possible or some limitation.
Jasenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #3923
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south caki laki again
Posts: 1,695
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Where is this manual I hear about. Got gt3b and a Novak m2 need mapping info
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #3924
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
Where is this manual I hear about. Got gt3b and a Novak m2 need mapping info
http://overkillrc.com/GT3B/GT3B-Firm...NUAL-0.6.1.txt
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #3925
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Browns Valley
Posts: 38
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

I bought my GT3B a while back as I could not afford the hacked version at the time and needed a radio. I recently bought your hack kit and did the installation step by step as you showed. I was a little scared to be soldering on something that small but I managed. The whole thing seemed a little overwhelming but I dove in anyway. It was actually really easy with your instructions. I'm still figuring out all the functionality but I got my winch running and everything is smooth sailing so far. Have to get a new GT3B for my son and a new header soon. Thanks for a great piece of equipment and instructions. Originally I could not access the instructions from the new site, there was a repeated error and nothing would open. I checked and its all good now though.
big_bumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #3926
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Turn the mayflower around.. it will never work
Posts: 1,588
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_bumpkin View Post
I bought my GT3B a while back as I could not afford the hacked version at the time and needed a radio. I recently bought your hack kit and did the installation step by step as you showed. I was a little scared to be soldering on something that small but I managed. The whole thing seemed a little overwhelming but I dove in anyway. It was actually really easy with your instructions. I'm still figuring out all the functionality but I got my winch running and everything is smooth sailing so far. Have to get a new GT3B for my son and a new header soon. Thanks for a great piece of equipment and instructions. Originally I could not access the instructions from the new site, there was a repeated error and nothing would open. I checked and its all good now though.
Good to hear. Too many are doubtful on their skills and tend to steer away from doing it themselves. Good job eh
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #3927
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south caki laki again
Posts: 1,695
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Got it, no help but a big thanks.
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #3928
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Turn the mayflower around.. it will never work
Posts: 1,588
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
Got it, no help but a big thanks.
All the info is in there........ And some in the 200 pages of this thread. How is it no help?
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:56 PM   #3929
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south caki laki again
Posts: 1,695
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
All the info is in there........ And some in the 200 pages of this thread. How is it no help?

Lots of chatter about m2 dig on a gt3b but no defined thread. Link had 1 page of info about button functions etc stii nothing defined about m2 dig. And for the record this isn't my first go round and personally I thinnk losi kid does a helluva job on these radios and why I came here seeking info.

But it's no problem I followed a couple pieces and used the manual and did manage to blow the m2, cost to my customer 0$ cost to me 159.95.

Last edited by hbj069; 03-16-2015 at 07:58 PM.
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #3930
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
Lots of chatter about m2 dig on a gt3b but no defined thread. Link had 1 page of info about button functions etc stii nothing defined about m2 dig. And for the record this isn't my first go round and personally I thinnk losi kid does a helluva job on these radios and why I came here seeking info.

But it's no problem I followed a couple pieces and used the manual and did manage to blow the m2, cost to my customer 0$ cost to me 159.95.
0.) I guarantee you somewhere in the 200 pages of this thread I (or someone) have answered how to setup the M2

1.) No settings on the radio should be able to blow your M2 ... LOTS of people had/has issues with the M2, don't be blaming the controller. A signal being sent into the esc with not harm it. It may not function correctly but it won't harm it.

2.) There is a search button or you can specifically ask a question. You asked for a manual, I gave you a link to the manual. So I did help, if you are looking for a specific answer, ask a specific question. The link i gave you with the firmware manual tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about adjusting the settings on the new firmware. It is "scary" looking if you don't bother trying it out. It has no fluff, little repeated info, and gets straight to the point. It has a very methodical top to bottom structure.

3.) You should've read the M2 manual. It should tell you to control the "mix" you need a 3 position switch controlling channel 3 for dig operations and/or a linear switch controlling ch3 to obtain the proportional operations. With this information, you should of been able to figure out you need to make channel 3 to a switch (NOT a dual esc DIG mix). There is a link on my Flashing kit product page that is titled "Programming help", this tells you specifically (a template) how to setup a 3 position switch And what option gives 3 position and what option gives linear (step rates). Also, the "firmware archive" link brings you to all past firmware revisions with their respective manual.

losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 09:52 PM   #3931
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: south shore Ma
Posts: 803
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

In my experience Novak escs just like to go poof. I killed 3 of them before I gave up on Novak. I'm willing to bet it had nothing to do with the tx settings.
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #3932
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcplante View Post
In my experience Novak escs just like to go poof. I killed 3 of them before I gave up on Novak. I'm willing to bet it had nothing to do with the tx settings.
Its bad enough you can buy replacement novak smoke and the injection tool.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:11 AM   #3933
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Grass Valley
Posts: 12
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Hi how do I set up the 3ch trim button to change my dual rate on ch2? What I am looking for is to set up my rig like it has 3 speeds -30-30% first 60-60% second and -100-100% third. Thanks for any hlp
arlan_jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:56 AM   #3934
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Sneak peek at something in the works....can you guess what it is?



I need to make afew revisions and an assembly jig. Then I'll get it up for sale.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:04 AM   #3935
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlan_jacob View Post
Hi how do I set up the 3ch trim button to change my dual rate on ch2? What I am looking for is to set up my rig like it has 3 speeds -30-30% first 60-60% second and -100-100% third. Thanks for any hlp
Scroll to REV, press and hold enter
Scroll the 3, press enter
Scroll to DRF, press enter (This adjusts dual rate for forward direction, DRB is for reverse direction)
Scroll to BNL, press enter
Scroll to 30, press and Hold enter
Press back/end afew times
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #3936
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Turn the mayflower around.. it will never work
Posts: 1,588
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Sneak peek at something in the works....can you guess what it is?



I need to make afew revisions and an assembly jig. Then I'll get it up for sale.
That an adapter to pop into the board to flash without soldering? Then remove it?
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #3937
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,116
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
That an adapter to pop into the board to flash without soldering? Then remove it?
Bingo
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:16 PM   #3938
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 326
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Anyone use an 8ch FS-R9B receiver?
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #3939
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Turn the mayflower around.. it will never work
Posts: 1,588
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Bingo
That's pretty awesome idea!
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:57 AM   #3940
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: florence ky
Posts: 204
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Im having an issue with my hacked gt3b... forward is smooth as can be but reverse is a different story... I apply reverse and nothing happens... I can play with the trugger a bit )for just a second) and it kicks in just fine... From a quick read I see ABS can cause this... I have turned it off and im having the same issue
johncraddock445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 01:49 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com