Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Thanks so much. I will give this a try.

CG3
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #4082

Would be great if someone could help me to get the 2 position Winch from HeyOK working.

More Details here:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/308487-heyoks-rc-electronics-items-all-one-place-post5266892.html

Thanks Guys!

edit: SOLVED! Just found out that 3 channels on the 8 channel Receiver (9XBC) are broken, on the others it works as expected.

Last edited by cen0; 07-23-2015 at 02:40 PM.
cen0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:32 AM   #4083

Guys,

have a GT3C, the orange model. Been running it for a few months and works great.

But, the other day one of the push-buttons soldered to the board, the one on the "selector-wheel" stopped working. If I pushed the "wheel" hard down it would react but with experience I know that will break something else soon.

Anyway, the selectorwheel works just fine when wheeling left and right, so I de-soldered the END-button on the board and soldered it to the selectorwheel-place instead. Works great.

However, I would like to get the END-button back in order, which means buying a replacement that has the same dimensions so it will fit when soldering it to the tabs on the board.

Anyone have a clue, ebay for example, what I should search for?

Any help appreciated.

N

Solved:

Got PM, found these, thanks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-Moment...item41936c3427

Last edited by picklesns; 07-26-2015 at 05:37 AM. Reason: New info.
picklesns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #4084
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklesns View Post
Guys,

have a GT3C, the orange model. Been running it for a few months and works great.

But, the other day one of the push-buttons soldered to the board, the one on the "selector-wheel" stopped working. If I pushed the "wheel" hard down it would react but with experience I know that will break something else soon.

Anyway, the selectorwheel works just fine when wheeling left and right, so I de-soldered the END-button on the board and soldered it to the selectorwheel-place instead. Works great.

However, I would like to get the END-button back in order, which means buying a replacement that has the same dimensions so it will fit when soldering it to the tabs on the board.

Anyone have a clue, ebay for example, what I should search for?

Any help appreciated.

N

Solved:

Got PM, found these, thanks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-Moment...item41936c3427
I had the same problem. Here's my post from page 397.
My radio came with a enter button that would not get a response when pushed. I figured since it was a momentary push button and that it would work if pushed just right, the circuit was not being completed.

So I used a small flat to pry the cover of the switch off, which holds the pink button which pushes against a small metal tab which then flexs and touches the switch contacts completing the circuit.

The metal plate in mine seem flat and so when I pushed the button, it did not flex and touch the contacts. So I took my small flat and tried to bend the two sides down and middle up on the metal tab.

I reassembled the switch and it works perfectly now. I'm going to guess since Rockhugger your switch was working and now does not, that this your problem because the switch is soldered right to the board so nothing else could have come loose causing this. Just a guess. I'm anything but a electronics wizard. Hope this helps.
Sapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #4085
Rock Crawler

I "repaired" 2 of these switches last week, I simply put some WD40 on my fingers and drop it into the switch, then work the switch about 40 times or until a nice click is established, then I spray it out with one of those cans of compressed air and that takes care of the issue.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #4086
Quarry Creeper

Can someone help me setup my gt3c for my trailfinder 2 I have no idea how to setup the shift servo and the winch please and thank u
teamreedracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:22 PM   #4087
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamreedracing View Post
Can someone help me setup my gt3c for my trailfinder 2 I have no idea how to setup the shift servo and the winch please and thank u
Read my post #4048 above. It should be similar.
drzoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #4088
Quarry Creeper

Will the 8 channel receivers work on for the gt3b/c
teamreedracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #4089
Quarry Creeper

First page, 2nd post in the FAQ.....

Where do i find the 8ch and 6ch rx's
What Rx's work with the GT3B

I am currently running 5 of the 6 channels using this receiver.....

Sourced from here.....
Value Hobby R/C Hobby Store (Addison, Illinois): FlySky FS-R6B 2.4Ghz 6CH receiver
drzoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #4090
Rock Stacker

Need some help, I have a hacked GT3B with 6 channel firmware, I am moving the radio to a first generation Traxxas Emaxx that I have added 4 wheel steering. it has been a long time since I have programmed this for anything so my memory is at a loss to reprogram this radio

Here is what I want to do,

Assign the CH3 switch to do the steering on channel 3, front steer/4wheel steer/Crab

assign the D/R or CH3 trim switch as a 2 position for the high/low shifting for the transmission

Thanks
Steve
nvradtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:04 PM   #4091

Even with the gobs of information in this thread Ihave one hellova time figuring this thing out. I have a hacked GT3B with a 6 channel receiver. I have channel 3 set to run rear steer (barely figured out how to do that) and the ch3 toggle button set to switch between full and crab.
Now I have a winch on this rig in channel 4 and want to run that with the GT3B. How do I get that to work as well?
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:06 AM   #4092
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
Even with the gobs of information in this thread Ihave one hellova time figuring this thing out. I have a hacked GT3B with a 6 channel receiver. I have channel 3 set to run rear steer (barely figured out how to do that) and the ch3 toggle button set to switch between full and crab.
Now I have a winch on this rig in channel 4 and want to run that with the GT3B. How do I get that to work as well?
This links to post 1693:
GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread
It shows how to use the END to operate a two position channel and how to use the steering trim buttons to work a winch.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:23 AM   #4093

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
heyok, to set the END button to control ch4 as a -100,100 momentary do this

Long click REV
scroll to E, enter
Scroll to CH4, enter
MO0
RE0
PV0

If you want it 0,100 it needs to be PV1, if you want -100,0 you want RE1 and PV1

The ch 5 winch

Is

Long click REV
Scroll to 1, enter
scroll to ch5, enter
scroll to BMO, Long enter
Thanks for the swift response. I believe I followed this to the letter but still no winch action. I plugged the winch into ch1 just to confirm it actually functions, it does. Oh well.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #4094
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
Thanks for the swift response. I believe I followed this to the letter but still no winch action. I plugged the winch into ch1 just to confirm it actually functions, it does. Oh well.
Things to check:
Are you on the same firmware? That procedure is for 0.6.1
Do you have the model set for the number of channels required? I think it defaults to three unless you have changed it.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #4095

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
Things to check:
Are you on the same firmware? That procedure is for 0.6.1
Do you have the model set for the number of channels required? I think it defaults to three unless you have changed it.
Yup it says F061 when I long enter on model. And yeah I stumbled across adding ch4 and I'm pretty sure I have that set correctly as well. Hopefully my receiver isn't bunk.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:47 PM   #4096

Hi,
maybe the answer to my question is somewhere hidden in the hundreds (thousands) of posts.. but I can't find the solution. I've reprogrammed by GT3C, and use channel 3 currently for my 3-speed geerbox (F350 H-lift), the d/r and ch3 button works for 4ws and crab/no crab (using ch4 for second servo). Now I would like to program ch5 to switch an ordinary led pair (floodlights on top). I use the 'e' button for this, but the only result I get is switching between 2 values (-100 and 100) - but not on and off.. Do I have to rewire of add a special circuit or is it possible with just the right programming?
I use firmware version 61 by the way.

Thanks in advance for your help,
regards,
Mike
Mv4neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:40 PM   #4097
I wanna be Dave

The plus 100 minus 100 is half the solution. The other part of the solution is that you need a circuit to decode that servo signal and then switch the power to your light. I make several things that will do this. Click the link in my signature if you are interested.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #4098

So if the idea here is to turn a cheap radio into an exceptional radio, Why is the update kit more than half the cost of the radio itself?. The STM8 discovery board sold in the hack kit includes a project board that has to be broke off or disconnected from the programmer side which leaves most with something that they are not going to use or throw away. Why not just buy an STM8 32 programmer? for four or five bucks on Ebay?, No usb cables to mess with, No unwanted project board, No fuss!. Also check out the Absima CR3P, Same as GT3B but the layout is a lot better, Seems to have more mounting area for switches too, The only bad part is you have to order one from Europe.
Gadget-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:16 PM   #4099
I wanna be Dave

Its still cheaper than other radios with even less features and this supports Austin who brought this mod to the RC world as a kit. Also that Abisma CR3P looks more like an iT4 which isnt compatible with the hacked firmware. I don't even think the iT4 has custom firmware yet. Even some/one of the other GT3-C clones may not have compatible firmware from what I've read
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:51 PM   #4100

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
heyok, to set the END button to control ch4 as a -100,100 momentary do this

Long click REV
scroll to E, enter
Scroll to CH4, enter
MO0
RE0
PV0

If you want it 0,100 it needs to be PV1, if you want -100,0 you want RE1 and PV1

The ch 5 winch

Is

Long click REV
Scroll to 1, enter
scroll to ch5, enter
scroll to BMO, Long enter
I just wanted to say that after more fiddlin than Charlie Daniels I finally got my rig sorted out and the above is indeed the proper recipe to get the job done. Thanks to heyok and losikid!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM