Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #1521
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
Ok, so been using my hacked radio for a while now and love it. One thing I've ran into is that when you're using the dig options, you cannot enable dig or change trim when throttle or steering are at anything less than 0.

Here's the situation: you're coming down a steep incline up to a ledge and need to switch to a front dig to lock the rears and pull the front around to an uphill gate just off the edge of the ledge. I'd love to just push the thumb 3 position switch while I'm creeping down that face and have it lock the tires on the fly. But, what happens is I have to bring the truck to a stop, center steering then hit dig and I'm good.

Most of the time I have the steering full lock when I want to enable it (or change my trim) and I'm prevented from doing so.

So, is there a setting to allow this to work the way I want or would this be a potential firmware upate?
It should work regardless of the throttle or steering position.

What are your settings and which firmware are you using?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #1522
RCC Addict

I'm running the 3 channel 0.4.1 firmware. For settings I"m using your recipe for dual esc setup.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #1523
Quarry Creeper

ok im just going to ask. where is the this is how you install the hac kit page. or is there a video or what. please dont beat on me to bad. ijust want to get this installed as quickly as possible.
mudd_slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #1524
Quarry Creeper

Take a look at overkillrc. He's got all the info you need there.
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:42 AM   #1525
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd_slinger View Post
ok im just going to ask. where is the this is how you install the hac kit page. or is there a video or what. please dont beat on me to bad. ijust want to get this installed as quickly as possible.
Home - OverkillRC
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #1526

ok dont burn me up on this one but im trying to bind my gt3b and i watched a video on how to do it but all i get is steering and no throttle. anybody know what the hell im not doing or what i need to do to get this to work properly. my bad if this question is not in the right thread . thx for the help.
ovcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #1527
Pebble Pounder

Bind plug channel three, plug battery in battery port, turn on radio.
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #1528
Pebble Pounder

It took a couple of attempts to get mine to bind.
gottwins? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #1529
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcrwlr View Post
ok dont burn me up on this one but im trying to bind my gt3b and i watched a video on how to do it but all i get is steering and no throttle. anybody know what the hell im not doing or what i need to do to get this to work properly. my bad if this question is not in the right thread . thx for the help.

Make sure you turn everything off and take the bind plug off. Then turn everything back on, it should be good. This stumped me for a second once. Just one of those brain farts. But if I remember correctly that is the way it acted if you try to use it with out resetting everything.
rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #1530
Quarry Creeper

i cant get this to do nothing on my pc that it shows in the instructions.
mudd_slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #1531
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudd_slinger View Post
i cant get this to do nothing on my pc that it shows in the instructions.
for example?
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #1532
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcrwlr View Post
OK, binding is not hard (others have given ways).

Stupid question on my part, did you calibrate the ESC to the RX once it's bound?? I'm guessing "no", since you have steering I believe the radio is fine, now fix the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #1533
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I've had these for at least two weeks now. Credit goes to Freq-E-Skinz for the template and kick ass designs. My camera is slowly dieing and the photos don't properly display the high quality of these skinz. They are so nicely done it's time to spread the word.

Below is my TX with all my sponsors:

My baby mama's TX :

Gavin's TX:

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #1534
Rock Crawler

Wow those are nice, a lot better than some of the cheesy stickers on it.
Krawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #1535
Rock Stacker

My gt3b is not hacked, haven't really needed to yet since I'm only running throttle and steering at the moment. But I'm having some issues and was hoping someone on here could help me figure it out.

I have had the radio for about 7 months now and it has worked perfectly every time but today. When i turn on the radio and car every thing works fine for about 15-30 sec, then it stops and starts glitching. Goes forward on its own, no steering and sometimes when it's acting funny i can turn the wheel and make it stop going forward or backwards. If I turn off the radio and turn it back on it all goes back to normal for a few seconds then does it all over again. I took the radio apart to make sure nothing was loose since I did drop the radio a few months back but i see nothing loose or broke. plus after the drop the radio has worked perfectly for months with out a problem. Also the voltage on my batteries were at 10.7 if that info helps. I also did rebind the radio and reciever together and I'm still having the same problems. Is it my radio or the reciever.
skin6061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #1536
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler23 View Post
Wow those are nice, a lot better than some of the cheesy stickers on it.
Thank you and I totally agree with you. The radio skinz took the GT3B from feeling like cheap chinese junk to feeling like a higher level, custom radio. I know it's just for looks, but I think it really improved the look of the GT3B. Freq-E-Skinz even included clear screen protectors that fit his skinz exactly. Freq-E-Skinz quality & attention to detail is unmatched.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #1537
Got Worms?

It looks alot better than the cell pics you sent me Might be a good idea though to have a cutout where the programming slot is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skin6061 View Post
My gt3b is not hacked, haven't really needed to yet since I'm only running throttle and steering at the moment. But I'm having some issues and was hoping someone on here could help me figure it out.

I have had the radio for about 7 months now and it has worked perfectly every time but today. When i turn on the radio and car every thing works fine for about 15-30 sec, then it stops and starts glitching. Goes forward on its own, no steering and sometimes when it's acting funny i can turn the wheel and make it stop going forward or backwards. If I turn off the radio and turn it back on it all goes back to normal for a few seconds then does it all over again. I took the radio apart to make sure nothing was loose since I did drop the radio a few months back but i see nothing loose or broke. plus after the drop the radio has worked perfectly for months with out a problem. Also the voltage on my batteries were at 10.7 if that info helps. I also did rebind the radio and reciever together and I'm still having the same problems. Is it my radio or the reciever.
It kinda sounds like your problem is elsewhere.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #1538
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
It looks alot better than the cell pics you sent me Might be a good idea though to have a cutout where the programming slot is.
That's good to read, even though my crappy nikon camera is going out. I had pointed out the hack section to Neal when he was making his template, but he thought it was easy enough for the user to cut open the small hack port themselves with a razor blade.

Have you mounted up those cut n shut tires I made you yet? I'm eager to learn how they perform for you.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #1539
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
It kinda sounds like your problem is elsewhere.

Do you have any ideas where the problem could be and what causing it?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #1540
Rock Stacker

OK just put another radio system in my truck and i'm still having some issues but not as bad. Since it doesnt seem to be the radio i will start a new thread.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM