Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HH Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #321
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: HH Servo

I have found with my servo that t 6 volts it would warm up and not center the greatest. So I bumped my BEC to 8.4 volts (running 3s) and it runs cooler to the touch and centers perfectly now. Figured I would share my findings.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #322
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
I have found with my servo that t 6 volts it would warm up and not center the greatest. So I bumped my BEC to 8.4 volts (running 3s) and it runs cooler to the touch and centers perfectly now. Figured I would share my findings.
Did you try 7.4v? If so what were the results... Mine is on its way!
infodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #323
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by infodragon View Post
Did you try 7.4v? If so what were the results... Mine is on its way!
Sorry I didn't try it. But I would go right to 7.4 if that was my max volts. I have heard people say wire them direct to 2 cell and run it.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #324
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
Sorry I didn't try it. But I would go right to 7.4 if that was my max volts. I have heard people say wire them direct to 2 cell and run it.
I run 4S so direct to batt isn't an option, don't think it would like 16v! So I was just curious if 7.4v was cooler than 8.4v and centered well. I prefer to run under the maximum rating of electronics, unless I'm comping...
infodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #325
I wanna be Dave

I programmed the CC BEC to 8.2v for my HH servo. Works awesome and no troubles (knocking on wood!).
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #326
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgout View Post
Check this out....

They are strikingly similar.... I dare to say they are out from the same factory, similar story of the Hitec 7955 and hobbico CS170.

I like the red one better,....
I have used and destroyed 2 of these. Don't waist your money on them.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #327
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty Made View Post
I have used and destroyed 2 of these. Don't waist your money on them.

The holmes servos or the one pictured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #328
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbow View Post
The holmes servos or the one pictured?

The track star servos. I used them on my 1.9 wraith in the beginning stages of it.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 PM   #329
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

It's time to put a nail in our current provider, we have been working hard on quality improvements and just keep getting sucker punched. For now we are putting a hold on production while we find new suppliers. I have purchased a few hundred extra motor/ controllers and a few hundred extra gearsets to keep everybody running in the mean time. The servos that work, work wonderfully. But on the back end we have been getting eaten up with dead on arrival servos and stupid assembler errors. The company that assembles these in Taiwan is totally clueless and doesn't get another chance. We were planning to bring all assembly in house, but will have to restart our supply chain first.

I've been working with a few micro motor manufacturers from Japan and China, and also working with some existing servos as a quick launch point. Tonight must have been a good night to send out emails, I've gotten four large and established servomotor companies returning my emails on the subject. We are also working on our own in-house control board and motor for the long term, since Jonathan is a programming whiz and will be full time coding in about a week. I'll keep yall updated.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:08 AM   #330
Rock Crawler

Will there be a price increase?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
z50king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:57 AM   #331

I don't have anything set in stone. More than likely the price for a similar spec'd product will go up, but we will have a tighter control over quality and programmable options too.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:35 PM   #332
Rock Crawler

What kind of programming options can be had on a Servo? I have never done that before. What will be the interface?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #333
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
It's time to put a nail in our current provider, we have been working hard on quality improvements and just keep getting sucker punched. For now we are putting a hold on production while we find new suppliers. I have purchased a few hundred extra motor/ controllers and a few hundred extra gearsets to keep everybody running in the mean time. The servos that work, work wonderfully. But on the back end we have been getting eaten up with dead on arrival servos and stupid assembler errors. The company that assembles these in Taiwan is totally clueless and doesn't get another chance. We were planning to bring all assembly in house, but will have to restart our supply chain first.

I've been working with a few micro motor manufacturers from Japan and China, and also working with some existing servos as a quick launch point. Tonight must have been a good night to send out emails, I've gotten four large and established servomotor companies returning my emails on the subject. We are also working on our own in-house control board and motor for the long term, since Jonathan is a programming whiz and will be full time coding in about a week. I'll keep yall updated.

So I won't get my servo back for awhile then?

Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM   #334

We have plenty of replacement parts and inventory of servos to keep folks running. Just not continuing with the current supplier and mix of parts.

I've been working hard on the next ones, we have a brushed setup in the works with over 600oz/inch of torque and another brushless version with about 400.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #335
I wanna be Dave

Don't worry Holmes hobbies has always stood behind there products. I've had a few hiccups with my servo and they have taken care of it no problem. I can't wait till the 600 Oz comes out. Will they be water resistant?
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #336
Rock Crawler

Any possibility of brushless outrunner for maximum torque? It would be slow. Maybe it could use fewer gears, as well.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #337

The original assembler is not only incapable of any quality control, they are also pretty stupid. I had been railing them for the source of motors so that we could fix a few manufacturing problems, since they were incapable of being a proper middle man. The response was for me to "just give up" because they would never reveal their sources. Box of raw motors shows up today (planning ahead for long term warranty service for existing customers), still has the original manufacturers label on it! I guess it shouldn't surprise me that they were too lazy to repackage them, since they were also too lazy to build anything with correct consistency. What disconnected morons. It really made my day, even if I had already guessed correctly where they were being made.

So the TrailMaster BLS 400 may live on in the current form, but we will be taking over assembly 100% and improving material quality further. Thanks for the continued support with these, we wouldn't be able to keep improving without it!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #338
I wanna be Dave

thats quite good. Glad to hear you might keep them and improve on them.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #339
I wanna be Dave

Hats off again to John for your transparency and commitment to service. I'm seeing glitching again on one of mine, so I'll be sending it back (the others seem to be doing fine). But your outstanding service allows me to come back for future purchases again and again without hesitation, particularly given that my overall experience with your products has been excellent.
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:51 PM   #340

Your sentiments are much appreciated. Out of any product I've carried, these servos have been by far the worst in warranty and dead on arrival levels, we have lost money with the project. Even the cheapest chinese factories don't hold a flame to how little the Taiwan assembler cares about final product quality. It shows in the turnigy product, because hobby king and the assembler just don't care enough to think long term. Even the simple fixes I made at first didn't get put into the track star version! I expected at least the initial motor improvements to be ripped off.

I'm a patient person though, and now I have a better understanding of where weaknesses occur. In two years we will probably have a completely new engineered product, but I wouldn't mind salvaging the work done so far too. With slight case tweaks, better gear pins, and a few more changes to the drive circuit it would be a pretty solid product.

Now I just have to see if the motor manufacturer will sell to us.

HH Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I. - Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount - Annoucement Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 10 05-07-2015 01:25 PM
***Crawler Innovations Engraved Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 106 10-20-2013 02:16 AM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 228 07-12-2011 01:17 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM