Notices

Thread: HH Servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #241
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Default Re: HH Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Just checking if I break the "TI" replacement gears I got from before. Will I now get the new steel ones?
Our currently supply of replacement gears is steel and ti plated brass, with the ti output. Hardened steel and tighter press fit in the area of most frequent breakage.

The batch in production right now is full hardened steel. So depending when or if you bust a gear we will send the best that we have to offer in replacement.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #242
Oppan Gangnam Style

John, my replacement gear set didn't last but 4 minutes, like the original set. Do I need to send you the broken set? I got the servo a few months ago (I think) and the replacement gears shortly after that. It's just sitting so I can get the gears out if needed. Thanks
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:23 PM   #243

You could take a pic of which failed and email it for a replacement, although since the gears were from the same batch I can guess which. We have stronger 2nd gears in stock now.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:04 PM   #244
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
You could take a pic of which failed and email it for a replacement, although since the gears were from the same batch I can guess which. We have stronger 2nd gears in stock now.
Ok John, I'll do that. I'm pretty sure it's the same one. When do you expect the full steel set to be available?

Thanks, Dean
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #245
Quarry Creeper

Can I cover the board and the Pot in corrosionX to completely waterproof the servo? I've been doing this with my savox 1230's to make them fully submersible under water. I only mention this because the pot is a non-contact unit if I read correctly?

I'd like to start buying these as it's a direct investment in future technology and capability for the rock crawling community, which I greatly appreciate
MIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #246

Full steel gears will probably be 6 weeks, I'm still having some troubles getting succinct information between the vendor and gear cutter. Dang languages!

I don't see why not on CorrosionX. The non contact pot used in our servo is a membrane type, so it is already sealed where it matters.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #247
Pebble Pounder

Just ordered one of these guys that I will be putting in my summit. I wanna try it in my scx10 but considering im killing 7950's so easily, Ill wait.
Way excited, I have been wanting to try this servo since it came out.
Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #248
Rock Crawler

So I have the current I believe V3?? Well I'm starting to get dead spots in the servo. If I turn left and let t go back to center it won't let me turn right unless I go through center. Happens both ways. Sometimes it will stay left or right too unless it get a little help or if I'm going forward or back (helps the tires go center.

I checked my BEC and my servo wires. The signal stuff looks to be fine. I'm running one of your Y adapters and that seems to look good to. No fray wires or anything. I have the servo only set to 6.0V. Think I am gonna try a different RX...
802coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #249
Rock Crawler

Old 11-10-2014, 08:12 AM   #250
Rock Crawler

Default HH Servo

Well I tried it without a BEC....issue still there. I installed a different rx and still have a issue. I even binded a diff tx and still no luck.

Should I be sending this in on a warranty claim or am I missing something stupid...
Old 11-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #251
Rock Crawler

Just to rule out any compatibility issues, do you have another radio to try it with. That would confirm its definitely the servo. I see you tried a diff rx but sometimes the rx can be an issue.

If it still is an issue, then definitely contact HH for warranty.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #252

Yes, contact us and we will take care of it. Looks like either the motor or the motor driver isn't functioning properly.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #253
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
Just to rule out any compatibility issues, do you have another radio to try it with. That would confirm its definitely the servo. I see you tried a diff rx but sometimes the rx can be an issue.

If it still is an issue, then definitely contact HH for warranty.

I can, I'm currently running a spektrum dx3s but I can setup a flysky on there pretty easily
Old 11-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #254
Rock Crawler

Default HH Servo

Quote:
Yes, contact us and we will take care of it. Looks like either the motor or the motor driver isn't functioning properly.

Thanks John for the reply. Just making sure it wasn't something simple before I take the truck down for warranty. It's all good though I got the yeti to play with haha

Speaking of yeti, has anyone stuffed one of these in there. I noticed it was larger than my previous hitec..
Old 11-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #255

The stock yeti servo is pretty long. I measured and it looks to be plenty for fit, but didn't actually drop it in.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #256
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The stock yeti servo is pretty long. I measured and it looks to be plenty for fit, but didn't actually drop it in.

Yeah I notice the horn on your servo was a little more centered than my hitec was. But that shouldn't make a difference how the yeti is setup. Thanks for the info. I'll put it on my least for this winter build up
Old 11-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #257
Pebble Pounder

Just ordered one today.how are they holding up for everyone?
Jimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #258
I wanna be Dave

I just ordered one of the hh servos and the value on paper looks to be amazing! I was hoping that it was waterproof tho. That was one of my main reasons to buy it. I was wondering how the v2 was working out and when v3 comes out? Maybe the v3 will be waterproof . I hope the one in the mail is waterproof.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #259
Rock Crawler

As far as I know all versions have been waterproof,My 2 versions are.
You can't even find them on the site now.Maybe he's dumping them ?
My 1st batch of replacements came last month but the 1st one i installed is acting up right away,,,studders and shutters,shakes and glitches but seems to work on the bench but I don't trust it at all.
Not near as smooth as my 1st versions,sure hope they get it worked out cause i'm really sick of swapping servo's.
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #260
RCC Addict

V2 is listed as waterproof & seems to be true after water runs mine has been through
sic1to is offline   Reply With Quote

HH Servo - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I. - Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount - Annoucement Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 10 05-07-2015 01:25 PM
***Crawler Innovations Engraved Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 106 10-20-2013 02:16 AM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 228 07-12-2011 01:17 PM
***Crawler Innovations Servo Guard-Servo Clamp-Servo Mount GIVEAWAY*** Nova's Ark General Crawlers 266 04-01-2011 02:18 PM
Crawler Innovations Servo Guard - Servo Clamp - Servo Mount GIVEAWAY!!! Nova's Ark General Crawlers 219 10-18-2010 12:43 PM