Notices

Thread: ProModeler Servo: 420oz, billet case, o-ringed, $79

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 07:27 AM   #501
Rock Stacker

Default Re: ProModeler Servo: 420oz, billet case, o-ringed, $79

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm View Post
Wish someone would update the price for the main topic... that $79 keeps giving me hope! lol
No doubt! And its onky going to go up by popular demands.

Sent from Mars.
BAD RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2017, 08:21 AM   #502
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD RC View Post
No doubt! And its onky going to go up by popular demands.

Sent from Mars.

Nope..... not the way John works.
He raised the price after many changes, and IMHO it was a steal at $80. All my others that are close are also $99. So it's just a great product and value.

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:13 PM   #503
Quarry Creeper

Got my v5 like like 4 weeks ago. So now I have 2 v3 and v5. I still think for $100 it's a steal. I do like the longer servo lead on the v5. But the thing I like the best is the "piece of mind". I know I can go out and not worry about breaking a servo. It's strong it's silent and it looks good
dirtman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #504
I wanna be Dave

My Bomber has been running one of the seemingly few remaining old Holmes HV400 servos but I knew something better would have to replace it. A shiny new Promodeler 470 has been ordered to fill that duty. The checkout form asked for my shirt size so I assume I'm getting a shirt also (I love free shirts, they always fit better than the ones I actually pay for ).

I have some big RC plans on Labor Day so I hope that nice, fast shipping I have been reading about is in full effect.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #505

I wish the case was black not shiny and Integy looking. It will stick out like a sore thumb hanging out on the axles of my rigs.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:04 AM   #506

My 470 showed up last night, packaged snugly inside of a drink koozie. Unfortunately the servo arm that I ordered didn't end up in the box, but John replied quickly to my email and has it in the mail for me.

I'm very impressed with the build quality of this servo, and I can't wait to get it installed.

As for the appearance, so far I'm really liking the bare aluminum finish. For those that don't, there's always an option to paint the case, or find somebody that can powdercoat or anodize it if you want to pay a little more. One other option is to scrub it with a scotch brite pad or some fine steel wool to take down the gloss. That'll give it a much more industrial look. Depending on how it looks after I get it dirty and scratched up, I may try some steel wool to take the shine off, or maybe cerakote it next time I work on some rifle parts.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:07 AM   #507
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
My Bomber has been running one of the seemingly few remaining old Holmes HV400 servos but I knew something better would have to replace it. A shiny new Promodeler 470 has been ordered to fill that duty. The checkout form asked for my shirt size so I assume I'm getting a shirt also (I love free shirts, they always fit better than the ones I actually pay for ).

I have some big RC plans on Labor Day so I hope that nice, fast shipping I have been reading about is in full effect.
I ordered mine on friday, and I already had it in my hands on monday. It also included a free beer koozie. No t-shirt for me, however. It did ask the question when I ordered.
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #508
Rock Crawler

is their website down for anyone else?
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #509
I wanna be Dave

Yep
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #510
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I wish the case was black not shiny and Integy looking. It will stick out like a sore thumb hanging out on the axles of my rigs.

Paint?

Seriously if it bugs you that much I could powder coat it for you.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Paint?

Seriously if it bugs you that much I could powder coat it for you.
Paint isn't durable enough for a crawler. It would hold up on a servo since it's not constantly getting beat, but powder coat would be better. But it would be great if they anodize them black like most other companies. I'd pay the extra $4.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:26 PM   #512
Rock Crawler

I hope the website being down is just a temporary thing and not a sign theyre shutting down. I'll really kick myself if I don't get my hands on this newest version.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:38 PM   #513

The website works fine for me.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #514
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The website works fine for me.
me too now, musta had a hiccup on their end earlier, tried it from three different computers, phone, and ipad to no avail.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:44 PM   #515
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Paint isn't durable enough for a crawler. It would hold up on a servo since it's not constantly getting beat, but powder coat would be better. But it would be great if they anodize them black like most other companies. I'd pay the extra $4.
I agree that I wish it was anodized black. Other than that, no complaints here. The thing quiet. I have yet to put it to a test.
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:14 PM   #516
I wanna be Dave

The color of the servo isn't a big deal to me since the Dlux truss on my Bomber keeps it mostly out of sight. Any anodizing on the bottom of the case would get taken off by the rocks pretty quickly anyway. A matte, sandblasted finish would be cool and different though.

In related news, the servo I ordered at 10:00 this morning has already been picked up by USPS and NC isn't that far from FL.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:22 PM   #517
I wanna be Dave

Couple survivor stories from the last couple weeks.

I took a V5 out of the box, stuck it in a TRX4 and proceeded to play in a brook. After a couple hours use, and probably a good 5 minutes of combined submarine play it started responding slowly. The servo was rather hot, so I unplugged the truck and pulled the servo apart when I got home. I literally dumped water out of the board side, although the gear side was still dry (as in lightly greased, no signs of moister intrusion).

So, it appears that water finds its way in through the wire grommet. I filled the board side with dielelectric, and the gear side with molybdenum disulfide (CV shaft) grease. The put a dab of black RTV around the wires and grommet on the outside of the case.

That sucker's got at least another five hours on it now with about an hour of submarine play and it's just fine.

A friend filled his V5's gear side with dielectric grease, which is way too thick for the clearance of the gears. He managed to get it smoking hot within a half hour of use. I watched him hastily disassemble it on a dirty bench in the woods and then be pissed when he couldn't turn the output shaft after putting it together with "less" dirty dielectric grease. Then proceeds to put power to it and be more pissed when the output still doesn't turn. (not my advice)

Turns out he somehow buggar'd the output o-ring into oblivion and jammed shards of it into the output bearings and gears. So, after a thorough cleaning and re-greasing with a recycled Savox O-ring, it too somehow survives.

John will probably (rightfully) hold this statement against me if I somehow manage to damage one of his servos, but I thought you guys deserved to know.

I find it hysterical that all anyone can complain about is that it is too shiny!
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:56 AM   #518
I wanna be Dave

Be safe! I went from Jupiter to port st Lucie. Not very far, but Jupiter is basically on the beach.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #519
I wanna be Dave

How did y'all fare John ?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #520
I wanna be Dave

Hope you and your family are doing well John. We'll be sporting the v4 and v5' at crawlapoloza if anyone who is in the fence want to check them out

149 r/c worx/scalerfab/team brood.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote

ProModeler Servo: 420oz, billet case, o-ringed, $79 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Billet Motorola Droid Razr Case JFAB Vendors Miscellaneous 2 01-14-2013 08:24 PM
Angry Apple Ipod billet case motoworx Vendors Miscellaneous 31 08-15-2012 06:12 PM
metal gears , billet case , coreless motor servo CHEAP BL-4x4 Electronics 2 01-04-2012 09:21 PM