Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #281

Default Re: 1.9 Barrage RTR 1/10 Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyrc View Post
My rear axle is mostly axial now only thing redcat is the case. I believe they are the same width or 1-2mm within same. Yeah custom links are mostly a must you can use the lowers with a rod end swap at the axle side. My next barrage I will use stock axles with dravtec wraptor adapters
I'm going to Google the dravtec since I still have stock axles. Anyway I can keep these axles I'm interested. :-)

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
jayt312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #282
RCC Addict

They are on his shape ways store, they're used to xr mod mrc axles but have mounts for shocks and lower links.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dravtech
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:22 AM   #283

Is it possible to use 3s lipo batteries on the barrage?

Thanks
Akdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #284
RCC Addict

With another esc, I believe the stock one can only handle 2s. Maybe someone has more experience then I do.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #285

I recently acquired a Barrage and was excited for its size, now I can finally make a crawler for a couple Smaller HARD BODIES.

(I've been following a FB discussion about the Barrage and posted a couple pics of what I am working with.)

I'll try and post some pics later. I modified the servo mount and moved it from the chassis rather than the diff mount (Suspended under the chassis brace) and I am currently working on configuring the layout. I have a couple small Lipos from some toy Helis, 1500Mah 2 lipo, nice small sizes. trying to see how best distribute the weight. I am trying to leave the back end open to accommodate a Hard body with a low bed.

I am wondering for those of you using HARD BODIES, how are you mounting the bodies to the chassis? Id rather not drill, so Magnets? Velcro?

I'll try and get some pics up.

MOmo
MOmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOmo View Post
I recently acquired a Barrage and was excited for its size, now I can finally make a crawler for a couple Smaller HARD BODIES.

(I've been following a FB discussion about the Barrage and posted a couple pics of what I am working with.)

I'll try and post some pics later. I modified the servo mount and moved it from the chassis rather than the diff mount (Suspended under the chassis brace) and I am currently working on configuring the layout. I have a couple small Lipos from some toy Helis, 1500Mah 2 lipo, nice small sizes. trying to see how best distribute the weight. I am trying to leave the back end open to accommodate a Hard body with a low bed.

I am wondering for those of you using HARD BODIES, how are you mounting the bodies to the chassis? Id rather not drill, so Magnets? Velcro?

MOmo
I'm excited to see yet another on the barrage build. What fb group are you following if you don't mind as I'm following a couple as well amd been some great info. Sorry I don't have answers for your hard body questions as I've been on the garage sale hunt myself looking for thay perfect hardbody.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
jayt312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #287
RCC Addict

Quote:

MOmo
I'm planning on Velcro to mount my tamiya Blackfoot body well when I get that far.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:24 AM   #288
Rock Stacker

Quote:

MOmo
Would love to see pics of your mods... especially the servo mount. I am working on an RC4wd Hilux body with a bobbed bed to mount on my Barrage. havent made a final decision on mounting it yet... will either use stock holes in the body sides or use velcro
bob_suruncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #289
Rock Stacker

It's been a while but finally a teaser of the cab in paint. Bed should be painted later this week then it all needs clearcoat...... so I can go wheeling and scratch it all up

Last edited by bob_suruncle; 06-30-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Photobucket sucks
Old 05-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #290
Rock Stacker

how about a couple more teasers! Still have some final detailing on the body as well as clear coat ( want to add more black to the hood and door edges as well as the hood intake vent ... working on a mounting solution using the holes on the lower edge of the body. It will hopefully be mounted much lower than what it is just sitting on the chassis in the second image and I will go with a slightly smaller tire for a more scale look. I will most likely be cutting off the lower valance under the grill which is why I left it white. I also have Axial front and rear aluminum bumper mounts to retrofit allowing use of Axial bumper on both ends.... more to come!

Last edited by bob_suruncle; 06-30-2017 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Photobucket sucks
Old 05-29-2017, 11:38 PM   #291
RCC Addict

Yeah those duratrax tire are big, it looks great tho definitely helps keep my drive going to get to where you are now.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:01 PM   #292
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancub View Post
Dude! That looks fantastic, and even better once the body is lowered a bit! Any details or threads dedicated to your truck or this body? I always thought the Hilux HiLift body was too long and had a longer wheelbase than the Barrage, that thing looks amazing!

Keep up the good work
Correct. The Stock Hilux body will not fit without modifications..... its about 1" too long for wheelbase

BUT

If you combine the regular cab with shorter box from the extended cab version you get the right wheel base; then its just a matter of bobbing some off the back end to reduce the overhang and departure angle.

I was thinking about doing a build thread but most of the information is already in this thread.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:03 PM   #293
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Yeah those duratrax tire are big, it looks great tho definitely helps keep my drive going to get to where you are now.
Yeah the challenge is to find just the right size tire to look right without reducing clearance under the axles too much.... maybe I need portal axles
Old 06-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle View Post
...awesomeness...
Dude! That looks fantastic, and even better once the body is lowered a bit! Any details or threads dedicated to your truck or this body? I always thought the Hilux HiLift body was too long and had a longer wheelbase than the Barrage, that thing looks amazing!

Keep up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_suruncle View Post
Correct. The Stock Hilux body will not fit without modifications..... its about 1" too long for wheelbase

BUT

If you combine the regular cab with shorter box from the extended cab version you get the right wheel base; then its just a matter of bobbing some off the back end to reduce the overhang and departure angle.

I was thinking about doing a build thread but most of the information is already in this thread.
I see, very cool!! I'm not to the point of bodywork or paint so it's probably above my level of expertise haha. I think I'll be starting a thread on my Barrage as soon as I get all my parts and pieces

I have a set of the MST CFX axles on on the way to go under mine, if they're an easy install I couldn't see why their portal axles wouldn't work

Also, I ordered a Hitec 645MG based on an earlier recommendation in this thread, aside from basic programming (if any?) is it basically a bolt-on replacement for the stock servo?

Last edited by THX_138; 06-20-2017 at 08:59 AM.
Mancub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:45 AM   #295
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancub View Post
I see, very cool!! I'm not to the point of bodywork or paint so it's probably above my level of expertise haha. I think I'll be starting a thread on my Barrage as soon as I get all my parts and pieces

I have a set of the MST CFX axles on on the way to go under mine, if they're an easy install I couldn't see why their portal axles wouldn't work
Cfx-w is what the portals came under which are truer 10th scale than the standard cfx/cmx axles which are on par with the barrage.

Also that servo might be a bit tall than stock so flipping the chassis brace above the servo will be a must.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #296

Quote:
Cfx-w is what the portals came under which are truer 10th scale than the standard cfx/cmx axles which are on par with the barrage.

Also that servo might be a bit tall than stock so flipping the chassis brace above the servo will be a must.
I've already flipped the front brace and have a spacer above the inward brace. If the mounting doesn't work out w/ the new axles I can use the Dravtech upper mounts and wraptors to xr-mod the stock axles. It's just more custom work than I want to do.
Mancub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:58 PM   #297
Pebble Pounder

Picked up a couple of these guys for my son (age 5) and I...he loves hiking up the mounting w/ the "slow cars"...so figured it was time for his own. Seem to be pretty good quality outside of the servo...but I suppose that's par for the course with RTRs. Trying to find something waterproof to replace the stocker and I'm coming up empty outside of modifying the chassis to use something like the Traxxas 2075. Hmmm...maybe I should just wait till they crap out. Decisions, decisions.
Dbdynsty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:13 AM   #298
Pebble Pounder

Well, got my two Barrages over the last couple days and did a few of the modifications that were recommended around here. Removed the shock stops in the back, flipped the front support over the servo, etc. My son hated the sand color, so ordered him a clear body and he picked the color scheme. I added flat black to a few select parts to make the truck a bit more scale, and tinted all the windows on both. I think they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Now the fun begins. Time to run them tomorrow!

Old 06-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #299
Pebble Pounder

Picked up the Tamiya Rock Socker body (unpainted)...added the stickers and it turned out pretty good. Fits perfectly. Took some maneuvering to get it to mount in the back. Had to rotate the body posts so I could insert the clips front to back instead of side to side. That was a task. Had to drill a new hole in the post and then file it down so I could rotate the body post in the hole. But I think it turned out pretty good. Fits perfectly.

Now I just need some wheels and tires and I'll be golden.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #300
Rock Stacker

updates coming soon.... truck is on the bench in early disassembly stage. Body is cleared and ready to go.....