Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #1921
I wanna be Dave

John,,I have a CCBEC that I got from HH hooked up in my 2.2 directly to the battery then directly to the servo only with the servo control wire plugged into the Rx. I run a 2S with Deans and a Rooster Crawler which powers the Rx.

The CCBEC quit working today right at the beginning of a course in a local comp. It worked fine til then,,I have checked battery voltage and the test battery has 8.2 volts. I also checked continuity from the connector to the solder pads visible through the end of the blue shrink wrap cover..it is getting power through the wires but the "POWER ON" led is not lit and there is no output voltage.

I talked to a few people at the comp and no one has heard of a SMOKED CCBEC on 2S.

What do you suggest?

Thomas
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #1922
Quarry Creeper

JRH I just want to say THANK YOU for your dedication to this support forum. I know it takes alot of your time. I really appreciate your knowledge, help, and explanation of things here. I've been reading posts here and there and have learned alot. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your time and effort.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #1923
Pebble Pounder

I know it's possibly a stupid question but, I've got a guy that's wanting to sell some Holmes Hobbies 5T Puller motors on another forum, wanted to check to see if they're legit or not since I can't find anything about a 5T anywhere on the site....

also, if they are infact a legit motor, is there a reason they're not sold anymore? what're the specs on the motors as far as Kv rating and such?

most importantly, being used motors, what's a reasonable price for them?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:09 AM   #1924
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairba11 View Post
the winnie is running on 14.4 now, the super duty takes two 7.2v packs.

4s was going to the charger via two 2s packs feeding the superduty.

my debate was 3p or 4p to have enough mAh vs. affordability.

also if LiIon != LiFe then I need to look into a new charger also.
Lion and Life are not the same, correct. You can charge a 4s pack as a 12v lead acid, and just do separate balancing.

I would say get more capacity than you think you need. You can always have a backup pack if it doesn't fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
John,,I have a CCBEC that I got from HH hooked up in my 2.2 directly to the battery then directly to the servo only with the servo control wire plugged into the Rx. I run a 2S with Deans and a Rooster Crawler which powers the Rx.

The CCBEC quit working today right at the beginning of a course in a local comp. It worked fine til then,,I have checked battery voltage and the test battery has 8.2 volts. I also checked continuity from the connector to the solder pads visible through the end of the blue shrink wrap cover..it is getting power through the wires but the "POWER ON" led is not lit and there is no output voltage.

I talked to a few people at the comp and no one has heard of a SMOKED CCBEC on 2S.

What do you suggest?

Thomas
I say give Castle a ring, they can get you set up pretty quick. If you can't get ahold of them in decent time I can warranty for you if it is still under coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
JRH I just want to say THANK YOU for your dedication to this support forum. I know it takes alot of your time. I really appreciate your knowledge, help, and explanation of things here. I've been reading posts here and there and have learned alot. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your time and effort.
No problem, I help out as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhyde79 View Post
I know it's possibly a stupid question but, I've got a guy that's wanting to sell some Holmes Hobbies 5T Puller motors on another forum, wanted to check to see if they're legit or not since I can't find anything about a 5T anywhere on the site....

also, if they are infact a legit motor, is there a reason they're not sold anymore? what're the specs on the motors as far as Kv rating and such?

most importantly, being used motors, what's a reasonable price for them?

Yeah, I used to carry 5t motors. I don't remember the exact kv of them, but they are really fast. 2s is plenty of voltage, but they can handle 3s for very short periods of time if you want to wear them out.

Depends on how heavy they are used. I see them for $60 in near new condition.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #1925
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yeah, I used to carry 5t motors. I don't remember the exact kv of them, but they are really fast. 2s is plenty of voltage, but they can handle 3s for very short periods of time if you want to wear them out.

Depends on how heavy they are used. I see them for $60 in near new condition.
I'll be running 2S but.....would you say they're too fast for a crawler? Currently on the 10T I've got I'm running a 16T pinion with a 84T Spur, stock was 87/14....the one that the 10T will go into is 87/12 right now, it's just a toss up between the 5T or 7T for mine....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #1926

Too fast for a crawler? Not in my opinion, but I run 55t on 6s in my comp rig. You could gear it down to be plenty slow on 2s.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #1927
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I would say get more capacity than you think you need. You can always have a backup pack if it doesn't fit.
I have started the process with Castle Creations.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM   #1928
Quarry Creeper

how is the new novak 45t's wheel speed/torque on a ax10? is it worth getting? or whats a better ax10motor?????????????????
Old 11-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #1929
Quarry Creeper

Default Brushed motor for Losi CC?

Wondering what you would suggest in your motor line up as far as brushed motors for the Losi CC. Currently I have a tekin fxr and just don't want to drop the dough on brushless. Is there any brushed motor you offer that would be a good combo for this? Thanks for any info!

Quintin
Old 11-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #1930
Rock Crawler

Hey are you going to have sidewinders back in anytime soon? Your site shows none in stock...?
Old 11-13-2009, 08:07 PM   #1931
Quarry Creeper

Hey, Just wondering if you had an idea of when you are going to produce more torquemaster mini motors? I can't find one I like for anything!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlcrawl View Post
how is the new novak 45t's wheel speed/torque on a ax10? is it worth getting? or whats a better ax10motor?????????????????
A bit slow for my tastes, but many people still run 55t motors and like it. You want better? You will need to spend a bit more coin on a handwound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drvnbeing View Post
Wondering what you would suggest in your motor line up as far as brushed motors for the Losi CC. Currently I have a tekin fxr and just don't want to drop the dough on brushless. Is there any brushed motor you offer that would be a good combo for this? Thanks for any info!

Quintin
Some locals have used 27 and 25t motors with great success. That would be what I recommend for use with your sidewinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdavid View Post
Hey are you going to have sidewinders back in anytime soon? Your site shows none in stock...?
Just got some in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminsavage View Post
Hey, Just wondering if you had an idea of when you are going to produce more torquemaster mini motors? I can't find one I like for anything!
I have some more on order from the factory, now that you mention it. Should be a few weeks or so, the end of the month is a good estimate.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:50 PM   #1933
Quarry Creeper

Okay, I just got a LCC today. What is your best recommendation in brushed and brushless motors for it (Cobalt Puller 7t) and why. What esc and why (HH-TMBR-XL OR Mamba)? Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #1934
Rock Crawler

ok, now that you have sidewinders in... ive heard mixed reviews of programming it without the link cable, is it possible without it? and do the ones you just got in come pre-programmed with the 3.19 software to have the stronger drag brake?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #1935
RCC Addict

getting a better motor for my new rig coming.....Bully kit
would a 10t puller fit this rig? and is a 10t like a 45t?
i have a DX3R and FXR so it needs to be brushed.......not sure if these are brushed or brushless motors
thanks
also running a 3s lipo and bec @6v

Last edited by prusik333; 11-19-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #1936
Quarry Creeper

Default torquemaster mini motor. What pinion for MRC

My Son picked up a used MRC and it has this motor in it.. Looking for a recommendation as to what pinion to use. It seems to have a ton of torque, but hardly any wheel speed. I haven't looked at the pinion yet to see what it already in there.. But I figured I'd ask the expert
Old 11-20-2009, 09:46 AM   #1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
Okay, I just got a LCC today. What is your best recommendation in brushed and brushless motors for it (Cobalt Puller 7t) and why. What esc and why (HH-TMBR-XL OR Mamba)? Thanks
anything from the 35 to 25t motors, or a 7t cobalt is good. Also, 17.5 brushless motors are popular.

ESC, I like my TM brushed ESCs for brushed motors, and the Mamba Pro for sensored stuff. Smooth and reliable for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjdavid View Post
ok, now that you have sidewinders in... ive heard mixed reviews of programming it without the link cable, is it possible without it? and do the ones you just got in come pre-programmed with the 3.19 software to have the stronger drag brake?
You can program it without the Castle link, but you can't get all the settings correct for crawling. They should all have 3.19 firmware, they just shipped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
getting a better motor for my new rig coming.....Bully kit
would a 10t puller fit this rig? and is a 10t like a 45t?
i have a DX3R and FXR so it needs to be brushed.......not sure if these are brushed or brushless motors
thanks
also running a 3s lipo and bec @6v
The 10t puller is a smidge faster than a 35t. They are brushed motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwrangler08 View Post
My Son picked up a used MRC and it has this motor in it.. Looking for a recommendation as to what pinion to use. It seems to have a ton of torque, but hardly any wheel speed. I haven't looked at the pinion yet to see what it already in there.. But I figured I'd ask the expert

Should have a good bit of wheelspeed, a touch more than stock on 2s. What battery is he running?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #1938
Quarry Creeper

Default torquemaster mini motor. What pinion for MRC

He's got a 2s Lipo from Losi. Don't know the C rating on it though.. I think he's running the stock pinion in it.. I'll check this weekend

I was wondering if he needed to rebuild it.. You still have the parts for that?

Thanks for the prompt reply!!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #1939

I have a few parts, but will be getting in more in just a few short weeks.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #1940
Quarry Creeper

Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM