Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: RTR build CG3 - PICS INSIDE -Team BROOD Frenzy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RTR build CG3 - PICS INSIDE -Team BROOD Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99xjlove View Post
Well there only ended up being 2 people to run the class yesterday. Should be a couple more the next comp though. Beauty of it is I'm in either 1st or 2nd. Was fun over all though.
Tell me bout it.... Built this just for the fun of running mine Sat an it was just 3 of us in the dark with head lamps! One course an then just playing around for fun for a bit..

Size looks great! Mine sit just a touch over urs, I believe its the foams tho, dual disc foams from Rmdw, they work real nice, stand the tires up to 4.23" an soft for rocks but not soft enough to flaten the tire out, an gives a great side hill..
It's a 50/50 chance for the win!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #142
Quarry Creeper

Yeah. We ran 3the courses. Just kinda threw them together. Didn't even measure the gates on the first course so my rig with wideners was too wide for the gates. Going to have to do a more technical one and do it proper this next month.
99xjlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #143
Quarry Creeper

I'm doing the Castor mod on my mini right now and was wondering what the guidelines were as far as how much I should go back on it? If anyone has any pics that would be great.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

With the bigger wheels, not as far as you think, I'm in the process of moving mine forward some.. I got to run with some guys an it didn't steer very well..crawled awesome tho.. now, I have it set just like the castor on my gc3 with stock sized wheels an its great! But its just not there with the 4.25" tires.. that's also with th Lcc mod.. with the mrc knuckles, I rotate them back an put the screw in, right in front of the shock an link mounts.. ill try an get pics, but Photobucket isn't being my friend right now... There are pics in my thread tho... Of the gc3 with the bug body an the juice with the Lcc mod.. hope its enough info.. trial an error is what I'm finding..
Old 10-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #145
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info Mr. Winner! I pretty much just used a flat file and filed down the pointed part on each of the oposite corners. One side was back a little far so I had to file a little forward but i'm happy with the outcome.

Being that I had the BWD Bomb Proof mounts when I re attached my lower links it pitched the whole axle forward so I had to space out my rod end at the skid with 2 washers per side. Seems just about perfect now. I was also able to remove some of the BWD BP mount and some of my aluminum c-hub for better steering throw!

On to the pics.

Here is the stock unmodded c-hub and BWD BP mount

Here you can see how much material I removed after I clocked my C's

This one shows shaved on the left side and unmodded on the right side

This one just shows the C's and how much material I removed.

Here is how much room I have at the servo at full throw!

Steering linkage on and full lock on the steering, with castor!

This one you can see the modded C's and BWD BP mounts a little better

And a couple of pics from crawling!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #146
I wanna be Dave

Looks great! Good work done! How's it crawling for ya? Is there a new trick to getting the tires too work better when they point both directions? Lol....
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #147
Quarry Creeper

Seems to be crawling amazing. The extra turning radius helps out a whole lot. Now I'm debating weather or not to shave my sidewalls to help with grip going up the sides of rocks.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

For me... Shaving the sidewalls was a great option, must have! Went from working ok, to grabbing everything.. then again, it could have been the custom dual disc foams from Rmdw, they work great!... It's two 1" thick by 4.25" tall foams.. mashed in side by side.. great feel to them all around. Have a lite hand when shaving.. but from doing it to mine, it gives the stock feel back, as they stiffen up just a touch with the glue..
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #149
Quarry Creeper

I'm kinda leary about doing it because my glue job wasn't the greatest on my tires. Just don't want to punch through a sidewall if ya know what I mean!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #150
Quarry Creeper

Well guys hate to say that I did it, but I got rid of my mini. The competition scene here in my area only had a few minis in it and the 2.2 class is so big that the mini's get pushed to the back. I ended up trading a kit straight across for a Ax10 with dig and Airtronics rds8000 radio. I was asking $500 for my crawler so it was more than a fair trade. Maybe later I can pick up another mini for cheap.

Here is a pic of the Ax10

RTR build CG3 - PICS INSIDE -Team BROOD Frenzy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CG3 Build Question netsurfr Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 02-15-2011 05:33 AM
New to the AX-10 and already love it (pics inside) aftershock1 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 07-10-2009 04:59 PM
Winter RC Pics inside... BigBaller Chit Chat 14 01-05-2008 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the help! (pics inside) orangejulius HPI Wheely King 0 10-18-2007 07:25 PM
Scaleish Bronco Build Full Exo, High Lift Axles, etc Pics inside jamesbernatchez 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 12-18-2006 10:24 AM