Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: RTR build CG3 - PICS INSIDE -Team BROOD Frenzy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RTR build CG3 - PICS INSIDE -Team BROOD Frenzy

Nope no tin around the outputs. Not sure how that would work with the output having that notch in it. I got a full pack through it and all seems well. Gotta just run it out a couple more packs and see what happens. I stepped up to a 11t pinion from the 9t that I had because I just didn't have enough wheel speed but now it might be a little much. just gotta mess with it some more. I'd really like to run it against someone else that has a comp rig so that I can see where I stand. All I know is that my rock pile no matter what I do I seem to conquer it....
99xjlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Good deal! Well, ill post up once I get to it. I'm thinking even at the notch, once its wrapped all the way around the output shaft, the set screw will either pinch it down or poke thru the can cause of how tight it will be in there
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i'm liking that idea for sure.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Here is a little video I had my 6yr old daughter shoot from my phone. She isn't the steadiest but got the job done. The areas where I flipped over I was trying to show off for the camera normally I can make it through with a little more finess...

Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Wow! I have seen ur tires but never really saw them! They look pretty sweet! Good pile of rocks ya got there.. I have a 7 x 16ft crawl course under construction but not high.. yet.. its still getting rock added too it weekly an a 20 x 30 area at then end of my yard that's getting filled once I have too many between my house an the neighbours.. lol.. I like walking outside an crawling.. an not 30yards down the yard... Looks like ur rig can do some work.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I plan on filling up that area that I have started on with alot more rock. The part away from the fence is probably 5 ft wide and then I've got 20 x 3 along the fence. I need more rocks but I don't have a truck and putting them in my jeep doesn't allow for much. Yeah the tires seem to do good. I have a buddy with a pro on some HB rovers that I want to see how his does since rovers are the go to tire for all of the comp guys. My rig is pretty heavy too. I think that is a good and bad thing. It weighs in at 4.3lbs which is almost twice as heavy as a few that I've seen. I believe that most of my weight isn't removable though exept for wheel weight and maybe I could go with some different 4link plates that aren't metal. Not too worried about it though.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Lol, yeah.. I know all bout loading the jeep up.. I have an xj tho.. its got room for 8-12 rock at a time.. yeah, I was told I was heavy a 3lbs 6oz... I like it tho, its solid! I haven seen where its a help or hinder, it performs how I want it to.. I think weight is personal prefferance... Setup is key from what I can tell..
Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I have a XJ as well, its a 99. Im a member on naxja.org and cherokeeforum.com also. That is where my username comes from.... I think I'm going to try and get it down to an even 4lbs. But I like the way it plants itself and settles when crawling. Who knows. Ill get to see how my friends pro on the HB Rovers does on my course Wednesday and get some ideas from that.

Last edited by 99xjlove; 07-30-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

Lol.. yeah, I completely skipped looking at ur screen name on that one.. haha.. mines a, let me re-phrase, my wifes is a 95 xj, 6" rubicon express lift from my 88 xj my cousin wrecked a decade ago.. 32 x 11.50 bfg all terrains.. on my stock 88 limited gold wheels.. love it! It's black with a gold pin stripe down the sides.. mine was charcoal gray.. our 98 forester is down right now, when it gets back o. The road, It's getting the 2" lift I made for it an that's mine.. the jeep has been her dream since we were, well since I had mine, way back when..

Back to little land.. lol.. I enjoy how mine settles an plants itself as well. Mine took the added weight to get the 4.1" pins an blocks to work the way I wanted to... as for the rovers, watch em work! I always liked my irons, I even tested the 1.9 chisels(which I likes).. the rovers as always, just work!
See if ur friend is nice enough to let you run them on ur rig.. then you can really see how they work. You will feel like ur running a belly dragger.. lol, I do like the way my rig looks, low an long, with the 3.75" tires but like the clearance with the taller tires..
Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Yeah he has brought his over and ran on my course before. My rig was down at the time so I didn't get to compare but I have changed so much since we have been together to run them it's a whole different rig right now. I do know that when I drove his it would walk right up what I would point it at. But now I've changed up my course so much since his was last here because i'm always trying to challenge mine.

As for my XJ it's a 99 4.0L 5speed, 5.5" rubicon express long arm, Ford 8.8 rear axle w/discs swap, 4.88 gears, durango steering box upgrade, and 33's. It's actually built for 35's but my 33's are still in too good of shape to justify spending money on them.

Couple pics for fun.

And of course a stuck pic!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Nice articulation! I haven had this one out yet.. :(
I hope soon, then I can get pics too! That's sweet! Yeah its hard to buy new tires when the ones you have are good.. I hot a steal on The ones I got so they work for getting the jeep built.. 450 with aluminum wheels an sold the wheels for 100$! So 4 tires for 350$ which he says only had 500 miles on them.. even if they had 5000 miles on them it was a steal!
I keep changing my course too.. well its changing do to adding more rock! No complaints there! Lol...

I only get to crawl with the one on the hood! For now... Lol
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #112
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99xjlove View Post
Yeah he has brought his over and ran on my course before. My rig was down at the time so I didn't get to compare but I have changed so much since we have been together to run them it's a whole different rig right now. I do know that when I drove his it would walk right up what I would point it at. But now I've changed up my course so much since his was last here because i'm always trying to challenge mine.

As for my XJ it's a 99 4.0L 5speed, 5.5" rubicon express long arm, Ford 8.8 rear axle w/discs swap, 4.88 gears, durango steering box upgrade, and 33's. It's actually built for 35's but my 33's are still in too good of shape to justify spending money on them.

Couple pics for fun.

And of course a stuck pic!
does it have lockers? look nice! i have the same rear axle in the rear on my toy to....strong for sure
mhflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

No its just the stock posi for now. Wanted to do a Rubicon 44 up front with the stock selectable locker but I think I'm done for now maybe some 35's if I don't sell it.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Yeah winnerone I saw yours in your build thread. Looks good man!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #115
RCC Addict

can i play too lol here is my 89 limited 4" lift and 33x12.50s

then i painted it cause to many red xj's already.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Gotta love the xj! Great pics... I have to get some flex shots with mine now! I feel left out.. LOL
Old 08-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

It will happen in time I'm sure! I should be able to get a couple videos tonight of the mrc's to put up hopefully!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Ok so back on topic. I didn't get any video of us crawling but did get a couple of comparison pics of us side by side. The top one is after I lowered my shocks to gain some belly clearance. Even with raising the chassis and the flatirons vs the rovers mike still has a 1/8" of belly clearance on me.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

I ordered some HB Rovers this weekend after trying out a set on my rig last week. They were leaps and bounds better than my hacked flatirons. I will be using the sidewalls from my flatirons and making some 4.25" rovers out of them with these though!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Awesome to hear you got to test the rovers out! Also to hear that ur making some 4.25" out of them... I'm dying for a set on my rig as well! Ur ride height like mine is lower but as for mine, the stability an ability of it is great! With the 4.25" rovers added to that, ur rig should perform top notch!
Cats out! Hittman un-tied the thread on it.. lol.. I can't wait for him to ship mine an they look amazing! 4.25" rovers..

Last edited by winnerone23; 08-06-2012 at 09:57 PM.

RTR build CG3 - PICS INSIDE -Team BROOD Frenzy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CG3 Build Question netsurfr Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 02-15-2011 05:33 AM
New to the AX-10 and already love it (pics inside) aftershock1 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 07-10-2009 04:59 PM
Winter RC Pics inside... BigBaller Chit Chat 14 01-05-2008 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the help! (pics inside) orangejulius HPI Wheely King 0 10-18-2007 07:25 PM
Scaleish Bronco Build Full Exo, High Lift Axles, etc Pics inside jamesbernatchez 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 12-18-2006 10:24 AM