Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #2421
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokogan View Post
Hello, just joined.

I'm David, from Southeast Michigan. I'm an engineer in the electronic component industry and have always had a fascination with RC. Recently got into the crawlers, but have been into other areas of RC for the last 18 years.

Picked up a Vaterra Ascender a while back and now doing some upgrades. Just added some RC4WD wagon beadlocks and Pitbull Rock Beast 1.9s. Light bar and front tough armor bumper is going on next.

Looking forward to being a part of the community here.

https://ibb.co/j1qVdk
I've been really impressed with looking at the Ascender Bronco, seems really capable out of the box. Nice rig.
TAMELESSTGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2017, 06:14 AM   #2422

Hi, I'm Paul. I live in Florida. I am fairly new to this hobby, in that I bought my SCX10 about 3 years ago after learning about the hobby about 3 years earlier. I finally got my Rubicon RTR and Played with it quite often, taking the time to learn how to crawl it , and drive it. Recently, though, I've had a renewed enthusiasm for the hobby, so I have started modifying my rig. I first did the battery relocation to the front, then I waterproofed my electronics. Next I am going to get the aluminum linkage kit to convert all the plastic linkages to metal. I also started modding my rock pile into more of a course, complete with a wooden bridge as one of my obstacles! I am really getting excited about where I can go with this hobby! I have also found a few Scaler RC groups on FB, and one is actually close to my home. One of the things that kept me from developing this hobby sooner, is that I didn't know anyone in my are to crawl with. Now my kids are getting excited too, and I want to get them each a RTR of their own. So far, I have found much useful info on these forums, so I finally joined. Cheers!
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #2423
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
Hi, I'm Paul. I live in Florida. I am fairly new to this hobby, in that I bought my SCX10 about 3 years ago after learning about the hobby about 3 years earlier. I finally got my Rubicon RTR and Played with it quite often, taking the time to learn how to crawl it , and drive it. Recently, though, I've had a renewed enthusiasm for the hobby, so I have started modifying my rig. I first did the battery relocation to the front, then I waterproofed my electronics. Next I am going to get the aluminum linkage kit to convert all the plastic linkages to metal. I also started modding my rock pile into more of a course, complete with a wooden bridge as one of my obstacles! I am really getting excited about where I can go with this hobby! I have also found a few Scaler RC groups on FB, and one is actually close to my home. One of the things that kept me from developing this hobby sooner, is that I didn't know anyone in my are to crawl with. Now my kids are getting excited too, and I want to get them each a RTR of their own. So far, I have found much useful info on these forums, so I finally joined. Cheers!

Where about in FL ?
SWFL here

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:29 AM   #2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Where about in FL ?
SWFL here

Hang up and Drive
North Central, near G-ville
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #2425
I wanna be Dave

Damn, I'm down by Irma land

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #2426

G'day, eh? newb from atlantic Canada. This looks like a great site for information and ideas.
I've always been interested in rc vehicles, but never had a proper one. Seeing some friends rc truck in action recently made me realize the fun.
With many years driving and modding full size jeeps, building/customizing scale models is appealing... and 1/10 the cost.

For scale trucks, I'd like to build two different models, a 1.9 for trails and a 2.2 for rowdy terrain and speeding the beach.
oldmancrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #2427

Tq for adding and fun infomatic site
BaEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:32 PM   #2428

Hello my name is TJ Bowling aka ( Sensei ). I currently have 2 Scx10's, a AX10 on a SWX Chassis, & a Exceed RC Mad Torque 1:8 MOA Crawler. I run WV RC on youtube everybody check out my channel & Subscribe then smash the like button. Here is a link to my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkJ...zsz80mhzprd5jw
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #2429

Another Noob here. I'm from Long Island, NY. I have always wanted a "Good RC". I have had some toys in the past. Even had a COX car when I was little. I think it ran once. It wasn't really an RC, just a gas engine and you set the wheels in to the direction you wanted it to go. I had recently bought a Toy/Hobby grade car for $70 (WLToys 12428 ). Lots of fun. A bit of a basher. Semi good crawler, although it has open diffs. I've been taking it apart and modifying it. Biggest issue is that all of the parts come from China and takes two weeks to arrive. I haven't bought a true hobby grade RC crawler yet, but am looking into getting an Axial.

I also have a couple of Jeeps and have wheeled in the northeast. I figured RCs are a little less expensive when repairing.

-Rob
RobMart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #2430

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMELESSTGR View Post
I've been really impressed with looking at the Ascender Bronco, seems really capable out of the box. Nice rig.
Yeah I love it so far. Just completed a few upgrades.

Hokogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:54 AM   #2431

Jim from Houston Tx. I have a Revo 3.3 and borrow a bomber from a friend quite often.
pielet97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:51 AM   #2432

Hello, my name is Jake, fabricator welder at Diamond axle/frontrangeoffroad.
Im a fullsize and 10th scale wheeler.
I had a losi night crawler, did a brushless, few other mods. Started killing axle gears after making wheels and tires too heavy. I recently picked up new rr 10 bomber. Way fun, geting new steer servo w castle cc, beadlocks and pit bulls, probably brushless and two speed eventually, Crawl on!
Snakeob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #2433

Hey folks I'm Trev and I'm a crawler semi-noob ( more of a monster truck guy) from NC and I've got a coupe of questions. I'm trying to decide on a fun crawler that looks kinda scale.My boss has built a crawler track at his store and has let my try his Traxxas TRX4 on it. It seems to be really good,but its a bit pricey to me since I'm not a full time crawler fan yet.But i do like the 2 speed trans and the high ground clearance. A friend of mine was demoing his Everest Gen 7 and it was pretty cool but i've heard alot of bad or so so things about Redcat but the price is really good. So I'm trying to decide which one is the best bang for the buck.Are there mod to put the portal axles on the Gen7 or maybe the 2 speed? Oh the kicker is also my boss is wanting to eventually have competition crawling events at Big Toys Superstore in Winston Salem so I need to be able to have a crawler with some ability ( i.e not look too bad while crawling) without breaking my piggy bank too badly. Any ideas? Btw I really dont want to go above $550 absolute max.
BigTruckTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #2434
Quarry Creeper

By the time you upgrade to portals and a 2 speed you will have some $$ into the redcat, with your price point he trx is probably the way to go. Vaterra ascender is another great option, VERY capable right out of the box, 3 body style/lengths to choose from for well under your budget.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Chris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:03 AM   #2435

Yet another new guy here, but not new to RC. I kind of lost interest when I could no longer find parts for my old Kyosho Optima and all the racing buggies and stadium trucks just started looking so stupid. But then I stumbled on some YouTube videos of some scaler crawlers and that piqued my interest. Until I saw some price tags, that is. But then I saw the RGT Bowler on eBay at a reasonable price and with those oh so scale looking axles and I was sold! It should be here in a week or so and I'm excited to dive into the strange world of RC crawling! Jody is my name, but you can call me whatever you want...
smokinapankake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:24 PM   #2436

Hey everyone I’m Tyler. I’m from Orange County California. I’ve been off and on with rc for years but was really wanting to get a crawler/trail rig. Out of the Axial lineup, which vehicle do you guys suggest is the most capable crawler and has some speed at the same time. Thanks guys.
TBoehringer1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #2437

Hello,
I just signed up. Yes, I am a Newbie. Spent the evening with my cousin and he has a lot of stuff. My head is reeling from all the info he has shared with me. He is into crawlers. He set me up with some of his gear to get me started. He sold me an Axial AX10 but he is very generous and I feel like he gave me more than I paid for. So to him thank you. He said to pay it forward. As my user name implies, I have 3 boys so I will be paying it forward to them. I am looking forward to learning more. I have a lot of questions and I am also searching for a Christmas present for my oldest son who has it in his mind that he wants a Traxxas e-Revo? I think those are two different vehicles but I am going to have to dig in hear and figure that out. My cousin suggested that if I did go with Traxxas that the Slash model was a good line and durable. I guess time will tell. Sorry to ramble on but just wanted to say Hello and thank you for the forum. I look forward to learning and getting involved.

Last edited by My3Sons; 11-10-2017 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Spelling of Axial not Axiel
My3Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:31 AM   #2438

Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Sons View Post
Hello,
I just signed up. Yes, I am a Newbie. Spent the evening with my cousin and he has a lot of stuff. My head is reeling from all the info he has shared with me. He is into crawlers. He set me up with some of his gear to get me started. He sold me an Axial AX10 but he is very generous and I feel like he gave me more than I paid for. So to him thank you. He said to pay it forward. As my user name implies, I have 3 boys so I will be paying it forward to them. I am looking forward to learning more. I have a lot of questions and I am also searching for a Christmas present for my oldest son who has it in his mind that he wants a Traxxas e-Revo? I think those are two different vehicles but I am going to have to dig in hear and figure that out. My cousin suggested that if I did go with Traxxas that the Slash model was a good line and durable. I guess time will tell. Sorry to ramble on but just wanted to say Hello and thank you for the forum. I look forward to learning and getting involved.
Hey, I don’t have much experience with the traxxas e-revo but from the time I’ve spent with a traxxas slash I would say if going fast and jumping is your sons goal he will not be disappointed.
Eli. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #2439
Rock Stacker

Im from the great Big Sky Country of Montana im a newbie to Crawlers but not to RC been out of the hobby for yrs until my 5 yr old Grandson seen rc on the computer and asked me to buy him one so I did he watches you tube videos everytime he comes over for hrs,. I bought him the WL toys rzr cause he loves my full size now were hooked. Bought a deadbolt to try out and found I really like the crawling end of it what a blast. Ive since got a scx ii on the way for me so ill give him the deadbolt. This is by far the best site out there lots of good info and people. Blast Away
Big Sky Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #2440
RCC Addict

Hello! Same as a lot of guys on here... new to crawling/ not new to rc. Current/ past vehicles include several Associated RC10GT's, Traxxas TMaxx, Kyosho MP7.5, Associated ( B4?), and my new cheap-o little crawler... an Exceed RC Stone 1/16th scale.

I'm going to need some help with upgrades for my 1/16 RC Stone crawler if anyone can point me towards the appropriate section to post in. Thanks!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote