Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 05:36 AM   #2361

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi there, newbie here from Belgium. Got dragged into crawling threw a good deal ECX came up with, namely the Barrage. I've had tons of fun so far modding this RC and driving it in the garden with my kids. Building obstacles and conquering them one by one. Such a great combination of fun and skills involved here in this game.

I've taken the entire RC apart the first day, did all the known tunings as can be found on YT. Have painted the body. Added some weighted skit-plates below the diffs. Exchanged the servo for a stronger one after the plastic wheels in the stock servo started slipping on me.

Now scanning the city for places great for crawling and waiting for some cheap mud tires to come in from PRC next week...

Geat forum here, tons of info
Bastiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 07:29 PM   #2362

OK, trying this for a third time. Been lurking here on and off for many years. I joined this site a long time ago but never got into the crawling scene. I have been into RC's since the mid 1980's after many Tyco's and Cox models made it through my house. First hobby grade RC was a Hornet and I have been building them on and off ever since. I am into racing buggies, both 2wd and 4wd, as well as playing in the back yard with my Blitz and Wheely King. I recently purchased two of my sons a couple of crawlers (a barrage and a temper) and thought I have always wanted a crawler, so now is the perfect time. I have been slowly building a RC4WD Trailfinder 2 kit to trail with my sons trucks and go for that r/c Toyota I have always wanted (owned a HiLux and a FJ-60 in the past... miss both of them immensely).

Anyway, looking forward to having some fun building and running my new rig and sharing this hobby with my family. Thanks for all the great information!

Tim
TKW75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:35 PM   #2363

Posting up in the correct thread.., say what?,.. ;)

Looking into picking up a crawler to supliment my buggies. Currently drawn to the MOA style crawlers, but having never driven one, I'ma bit reluctant to drop the $$.. if there's anyone around the Seattle area that would be up for helping a newbie out with a test run that'd be awesome.. As well as a walk through the electronics set up..
Thrifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:55 PM   #2364

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Names Nick and im nit new to crawlers just this forum I have a couple scx10 rigs now and I reside in northern cali

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Megastab06; 05-24-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Megastab06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:41 AM   #2365

Hello all. My name is Cole and i'm from Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been in to RC's for 2 years now staying mostly with bashers in the nitro area. i mostly enjoy running my rc with my brother and that's about the only time i run them is with him. but lately he's been trying some really technical climbs and stuff with my 1/8 nitro foxx and i know that's not what its made for. so i've come here to look at all of the photos and articles on here to decide if i want to try crawling or scaling to see if it's a better fit than what we're currently equipped with. money's a bit tight to i put my rig up on kijiji to see if i can sell it off and get a decent crawler. been looking at the redcat line of crawlers and noticed they've got the gen7s coming soon. don't know if i can wait that long as i'm an impatient kind of person. other than that hello to all and look forward to chatting/creeping on your posts to gain more knowledge
Glacialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #2366

I'm not a new guy, but have been posting a little more recently. I have been into RC since I received a RC-10 gold pan kit when I was a kid. I graduated to the Traxxas Rustler/Stampede line of products and then kind of lost interest. Then back in 2010, I saw my first SCX-10. I have been hooked ever since. I have also been into scale modeling since I was a kid. I don't go to any comps....I mainly enjoy the build and bashing in my back yard.
JDHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:09 PM   #2367

Hay I'm Jason from Barberton Ohio that's right by akron.
I have bully 2 with a sudden mod 3d hh mother and esc's 'with dravtech shocks and purpmart tires and links from dlux
My sporty is a krazed unstuck 2.0 tko axles team brood apocalypse motor and hh br xl
barberton crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #2368

My next rig will be moa, I've been really looking hard at bully axles. Any gripes?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
JPx187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:07 AM   #2369

Smile right place for intro???

howdy y'all
I live college station Texas. I've been into rc's for about 10 years now. which is basically half of my life. I'm 22 years young. I literally have no rc buddies. Everyone thinks they are cool&fun until they ask how much they cost. You gotta pay to play right? I currently have 5 trucks. Sawback,wraith, scx10, 1/16 summit and 1/10 e revo. All electric no gas/nitro. I've had my share of nitro tho. I love when i'm talking to somebody who is not into rc's and they ask are they gas...no i run electric...but gas is faster right? NO NO NO they are not faster. plus electrics are easier to maintain well in most cases. Which that's what ultimately got me more interested in scale/crawlers. i was tired of annihilating half my car every time i wrecked which was every time i ran one. Now i just take it nice and easy....for the most part.
dabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #2370

hi im new to the sport and live in the Sacramento area(Cameron Park) and i am just getting into the crawler game. i bbought a redcat everest 10 just to see if i like it and i do, i do. looking for some local people and places to crawl. not sure how to do that here, but thought i would at least put this up and hopefully it helps.
Blunticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #2371

I'm Jerry from south Louisiana. Been in the RC world in the neighborhood of 30 years now. Still learning alot of course. Currently working on a Bully 2 build and i'm pretty pumped.
Trufflehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #2372
Rock Stacker

Hi all I'm Ray from south central PA. I ran nitro for a whil, recently converted to battery and built my first kit, it was a wraith spawn kit. I'm loving it. I do have a question tho. How long does it normally take to get a new thread approved? I've attempted to start a new thread in the wraith section 3 times over the past few days. First one had a lot of pics that were too big. I resized them and tried again. The third time I didn't even put pics in. Thanks in advance. I'm glad to be here.
ACU18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #2373

Hi Im from northeast Alabama, Cedar Bluff. Ive got a Axial Wraith Spawn and have had fun modifying it so far. Never knew what a money pit this hobby would be but I love it.
kevinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #2374

Newbie.
I live in Biloxi Mississippi and have never done RC before, but I want to do a scale RC of my 1985 4Runner. A Google image search led me here.
Probably going to buy this model off ebay:
RC hard body 1st Gen 4-runner ( body shell only) - rc4wd . SCX10 | eBay

Hope to make it look like my truck

1985 4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #2375

Hello All
Name is Jay
Into r/c again after a 8 yr hiatus,decided to go with scale.
Current rigs Traxxas Slash
EXC Barrage
JayBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #2376

Hey all. My name's Nick, and I live in Milwaukee, WI.

Currently own a Slash 2WD and an ECX Barrage. Feel free to check out the thread in this same section.
Mancub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:05 AM   #2377
Rock Stacker

Hi all, I'm Neil from the UK and ive been looking at all the threads and this site is very useful, so ive just registered . Currently have a axial rr10 bomber and just bought A TF2 so need some tips for scaling her up as its a bit plain atm.
neilsontf238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #2378

mmmmm nmn

Last edited by sammata; 11-22-2017 at 01:42 AM.
sammata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #2379

o figurd it out

jaz had to help
sammata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #2380

Hello I am Roy from Canada.

My current rig is the Axial SMT10 Grave Digger.

I'm looking into getting a crawler this summer, I may not. Still undecided. I want to do more upgrades on the Digger first.
taktalok is offline   Reply With Quote