Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #2221

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hello from quebec . I'm not new to rc hobby but i am for scale and crawler. I had bought a ecx temper 18, the only hobby grade rig i can affort at this moment. I had set up a small place in my backyard for the crawler.
Oh and i'm on the french side, sometime my sentence are weird!

Frank
Mtlsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #2222
Rock Stacker

How do I post pictures here? I use an iPad Air 2 and have Dropbox, any help please? I'm at 32 post so far.
Brinkman804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #2223
ews

Hey there. Complete RC newbie and looking for advice.

So a friend got an Axial Yeti 1/10 kit and convinced me to get one too but I didn't really get to choose my wife just bought me an Axial Yeti SCORE Trophy Truck kit as a birthday present. The car cost $350. My friend gave advice on motor/ESC combos and while I'm still researching it looks like that's going to cost another $300 (Tekin R8X GEN2). Plus I need to buy a transmitter, receiver, servo, battery(ies), and charger which probably cost at least another $200. That's an expensive little hobby. That said, his Yeti is fun as hell. We live in Chicago and took it to the beach last night and had a blast.

I'm not even sure what my questions are. I don't mind spending the money. But is this the right place to start with this hobby? Also, where would you recommend I buy the parts?

Thanks!
ews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:06 PM   #2224
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ews View Post
Hey there. Complete RC newbie and looking for advice.

So a friend got an Axial Yeti 1/10 kit and convinced me to get one too but I didn't really get to choose my wife just bought me an Axial Yeti SCORE Trophy Truck kit as a birthday present. The car cost $350. My friend gave advice on motor/ESC combos and while I'm still researching it looks like that's going to cost another $300 (Tekin R8X GEN2). Plus I need to buy a transmitter, receiver, servo, battery(ies), and charger which probably cost at least another $200. That's an expensive little hobby. That said, his Yeti is fun as hell. We live in Chicago and took it to the beach last night and had a blast.

I'm not even sure what my questions are. I don't mind spending the money. But is this the right place to start with this hobby? Also, where would you recommend I buy the parts?

Thanks!
The initial cost can hurt, but if it's something you enjoy and it will hold your interest for years is it's well worth it. Dropping a few extra bucks for quality components, particularly electronicics imo, will keep frustrations low. Maintenance can be taxing at times but will keep your running costs lower, which for me, helps keep the fun factor high. Do a lot of research before you buy. You can make the hobby whatever you want it to be. I've been in and out of the hobby for 20 years now. Mostly out, and I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. I never sell what I need to get back into it because of the initial cost to get going again . I have cars that are 20 years old that are still enjoyable and I can still find parts for. Anyway, just do what works for you. If it's not enjoyable anymore you can try another type of rc or put it on the backburner. As for finding parts I'd suggest buying parts and supplies from local shops or companies that support what you're into.
LokisTyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:24 PM   #2225
Rock Stacker

Hello from Sheboygan area WI. Signed up to learn about crawling and scaling. I was looking for something for a friend's kid that won't get hung up on every little blade of grass or piddly twig. During that search I've become somewhat enamored with some of the scale rigs out there and here on the site. Lately I've been running a TA SC10 RS at a somewhat local shop. I've been enjoying the off-road tracks. I thought I'd enjoy this scaling thing having built models on/off most of my life. Building a nice spot to run a crawler sound fun too. I'm thinking about an Ascender but I need to look into it more. Pretty much decided on an everest 10 for my friends kid. He's only 4 so I will have to put the smallest pinion that I can find on it lol Anyway, glad to be here
-Andrew
LokisTyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:51 PM   #2226

Hey All
Im Alex from Melbourne, Australia.
I have a Axial Wraith, with some hop up alloy bits and pieces, and a 55T motor
JDMRX-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #2227

Hi, I'm Gerald from Louisiana. Just joined today, I have an Axial wraith with a couple of upgrades... I'm new to this hobby and was wondering what would be a good steering servo upgrade for the wraith? Just need a little more torque to move the rock beast tires, would like something that fits like the factory servo but I'm not sure where to start.
Gerald01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:40 PM   #2228

Hello everyone. I have been an active 1.1 off-roader for many years now. Recently a buddy introduced me to the scale scene. I can say I am addicted. So much cool stuff. I have much to learn.
scalemechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #2229

Figured I should post here after all it's been a while since I signed up.

SE PA
Projects
HPI Wheely King - Mine want to stretch wheelbase to 12.3"
HPI Wheely King - Daughters
Axial AX10 Deabolt - can't decide Monster Truck or Crawler or both
Tamiya Subaru Brat converted to a blackfoot years ago
Tamiya Frog - making on road car
Tamiya Grasshopper - on road, want to use a street Rod body
Tamiya Clodbuster - upgrade but keep mostly stock

Thanks

Anthony
Dustrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #2230

New here from southern Delaware. Just picked up a SCX10 II kit as my first "real" RC. Tryed to start a build thread in the SCX 10 II section but says a moderator has to approve my post. How long does that usually take and who is the moderator for that section?
DoGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #2231
RCX

hi guys and gals, im the newbie... just signed on. been into 1:10 for about a year; we built an RC park on our land. there are 10 attractions w multiple challenges and routes. roads have names, bridges mud holes, many hillclimbs and 4WD trails, theres even a "de-elevator" to get off one end of a log pile crawl challenge. 2 bars, a bookstore, RCX Towing & Recovery, a Federal Water Project (under construction), a Hotel and more! we built an 8x8 flatbed car hauler/recovery rig for when the others get in trouble or breakdown. theres a couple HG's (one is a shorty 4x4, the other stock 6x6), a Vaterra Ascender Bronco, Gmade Jeep Sawback, and just tonite im buying a F650, and a custom SCX10 F250. so we're gonna need a bigger garage!! i can send links to YT vids instead of posting here right? coz i dont know how to anyway, but just wanted to say hello, and i have alot to learn based on pics and vids ive been looking at so i glad to join up w you!! -TJW RCX
RCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #2232

Hello my name Is Travis, live in Clinton, MO am just getting started. Looking for groups in or around my area to do some events. Or group crawls and TTC, just for fun then maybe getting and event going. I live half mile from lake lots of gov. Land to use. Am deciding on my first crawler.
Silverback72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:12 AM   #2233

They me call Prais and I 'm from a town near Barcelona (Spain).
I am starting in the world of RC Offroad 1/10 scale.

Regards
prais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:10 AM   #2234

Hello to everyone involved with this awesome hobby. My name is Ian and I am from Nashville, Tennessee. I've always had rc toys but nothing very serious. After a bit of research, I finally decided it was time to get an Axial RR10 Bomber RTR.

After running it a couple of times within 3 days of my purchase, I got online and ordered GPM aluminum/steel drive shafts, Vanquish Incision link and steering link kit, GPM aluminum front C-hub & Knuckle Arm (5 degree caster) kit, GPM aluminum rear lower Chassis links, and an Axial aluminum servo horn25T.
Icbrittain44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #2235

hey yall. new here,havent had any rcs in years getiing back into it. just picked up a scx10 roller for a custom crawler build. been on here as a guest lol, seams like everytime i search for info on the web it leads me here. great site.Im charlie from ohio
maddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:37 PM   #2236
Quarry Creeper

New to scale RC and I am so addicted already. I've ordered up some new bits to get me started. I will be starting a thread soon either in the 1.9 section or the scx10 v2 section! Thanks for having me guys
doubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:56 AM   #2237

Hello Everyone!

I recently was given a Maxstone 10 as a gift, and I have been sucked into the scene. I understand the MS10 is an OK newbie rig, but I have some questions for upgrades.

Body Shells -- Does any 1/10 crawler shell fit or am I limited to a select few?

Wheels and Tires -- I have read the stock tires are less than acceptable, are there suggestions for good tires?

Immediate needs -- is there anything that I should immediately upgrade in order to prevent breakage?

Information -- Any sites (other than RCC) that have good solid info about the hobby?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.
ZombieClownZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #2238
Quarry Creeper

Default Hello from the East Side of the coast!

over at a buddies house who recently introduced me to Scale RC. This said buddy has been 1.1 offloading with me for years and finally talked me into running one of his scale rigs. After about 10 minutes I was hooked...... Came over today so he could show me how to navigate the forum and helped me order some very cool stuff to get me started! I wanted to say hi and I cannot wait to get started on my first build.
doubler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #2239

Hello,
I am Chris.
I just got an Everest 10.
I am from Omaha, NE.
CmdrSmushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #2240

Hello folks, my Losi Night Crawler 2.0 should be here next week. Lipos and charger should be here shortly after.
Had the Losi Micro (a Trail Trekker). It was stolen along with the rest of my RC collection almost a year ago. The LNC will be my first RC after a year hiatus. I can't wait.
I live east of Snowflake and work in Heber/Overgaard Arizona. Lots of good spots to crawl, If anyone is in the local area, shoot me a PM.
MogollonMonster is offline   Reply With Quote