Notices

Thread: Turtle's Modified XV-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #141
Gettin’ back on the horse

Default Re: Turtle's Modified XV-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalNut View Post
Im glad you figued it out. There are also a couple other ways to fix the issues you were having too. Another thing is to increase dead band to get a less sensitive touch of the throttle and turn the start up power down. A mellow custom throttle curve also helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixxx View Post
Great mod TURTLE. Let us know how it goes. Did you take off the original tensioner or your using both?
Thanks I will. I am using both tensioners. They are not set very tight though, I really just have them to act as guides to keep the belt flapping around.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #142
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Im glad you figued it out. There are also a couple other ways to fix the issues you were having too. Another thing is to increase dead band to get a less sensitive touch of the throttle and turn the start up power down. A mellow custom throttle curve also helps.
Believe me, I tried it all, it did not help! This bug was a serious one, the car LURCHED forward like a demon as soon as it got rolling a little. I almost cracked parts just trying to make it move slowly in my living room.

I have another question (asked on RCTech, but still)... do you run yours on 2S or 3S? I ask since I only have 3S packs so far, and that's what I've been testing the chassis with (indoors still). It's pretty wild with the 4600kv motor, would 2S be the smarter way to go? I'm thinking on 2S I may actually get more use of the throttle curve, whereas on 3S I'll be constantly feathering it... thoughts?
MetalNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:23 AM   #143
Rock Crawler

IMHO I think 2s is just fine. I have the SideWinder 3800kv combo in mine and I've never seen the need for the extra power of 3s.

It seems like it would beat the snot out of the car a little too much unless you're tarmac drifting.

I could be way off on my thinking, I've only been into this Rally thing for 7 months. Others will chime in, I'm sure.
gdb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #144

Yeah I only run 2 cell in my cars. Turnigy 3800MAH hard case packs. They work well and I have had them for 4 years now with no issues.

The 3 cell could be another issue you are having, I think that is way to much for these cars.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #145
Pebble Pounder

I appreciate the opinions, I think you guys probably have a good point. I'll go ahead and try a 2S, see how the car behaves under that.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #146
Rock Stacker

Wow!!! .... Yes 3s is to much for this car, ive never used a 3s in any 1/10 touring/rally cars. Only 1/10 -1/8 off-road buggies, truggies or SCT. Eveb then, not needed in 1/10 offroad in my opinion. Maybe for bashing.
Trixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #147

Got a couple parts in for the XV-01.

Got the chassis cleaned up a little more, another pound of dirt nocked out and the metal steering parts, metal front pulley and HD belt on.

I also went through and added stainless allen head hardware throughout. There were a couple odd sizes I didn't have but I got 99% of the hardware changed out.

I also added Team Associated chassis protector to keep the dirt out of the steering. I decided I am over all the holes in the chassis.

I think I got just about all the week links worked out of this platform... Part of the issues is a heavy throttle finger and agressive driving style.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #148
Rock Stacker

Damn you tricked that thing out now! I just got mine running today, and it is wayyy fast! I'll post some pics once I paint the body up.
Ell206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #149
waw
Quarry Creeper

oooooowwh Ty, you've got yourself more and more hop-ups parts.. niceee..
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #150
Pebble Pounder

Where did you order the pulley from? Tower doesn't seem to have it, I assume one of the overseas stores?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ell206 View Post
Damn you tricked that thing out now! I just got mine running today, and it is wayyy fast! I'll post some pics once I paint the body up.
Just looking to make it as bullet proof as my TB-01. I loved the car for it's durability, but this thing drives soooooo much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waw View Post
oooooowwh Ty, you've got yourself more and more hop-ups parts.. niceee..
Yeah, Its pretty built now. It should hold up to quite the beating.

Quote:
Where did you order the pulley from? Tower doesn't seem to have it, I assume one of the overseas stores?
I ordered everything off of Ebay. The steering and pulley both came from Stella Models. I ordered them about a week ago and they showed up from Hong Kong Yesterday. At the exact same time I ordered some stock XV-01 parts from a store in Pennsylvania and they showed up yesterday too. Can't beat that!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #152
Rock Stacker

TURTLE, i understand your using 48p with the new slipper. And assuming your still using CC 5700. What number tooth pinion are you using? And are you using the stock spur?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #153
Rock Stacker

Quote:
TURTLE, i understand your using 48p with the new slipper. And assuming your still using CC 5700. What number tooth pinion are you using? And are you using the stock spur?
I run the same setup and I run a 48p 28tooth pinion. My understanding is anything from 24-29tooth can be used.
Ell206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #154

Umm... I don't quite remember, but I think it was the smallest one I could fit.

Just for giggles I grabbed my other XV-01, cranked the suspension down and put the Fiat body on.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #155
Pebble Pounder

Damn, that looks pretty awesome actually! Love Fiats (I'm from Europe), that's the Rally Legends one, right?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #156

Quote:
Damn, that looks pretty awesome actually! Love Fiats (I'm from Europe), that's the Rally Legends one, right?
Yep off the RTR car with the full light kit. It is a gorgeous body.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #157
Rock Stacker

How does the body look in person? Details and quality? Is it lexan or pvc? Thickness?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #158

Quote:
How does the body look in person? Details and quality? Is it lexan or pvc? Thickness?
Really good. Just as detailed as a Tamiya body, with lots of hard plastic parts. The body is lexan and probably a hair thicker then Tamiya bodies.

Also this one has plastic exhaust, mirrors, wiper blades, 4 plastic rally lights, 4 headlights, front side blinkers, rear brake lights, reverse lights, and rear blinkers.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #159
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Really good. Just as detailed as a Tamiya body, with lots of hard plastic parts. The body is lexan and probably a hair thicker then Tamiya bodies.

Also this one has plastic exhaust, mirrors, wiper blades, 4 plastic rally lights, 4 headlights, front side blinkers, rear brake lights, reverse lights, and rear blinkers.

Dude.

I need that!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #160
Rock Stacker

Im curious if you or anyone else has done any modding to stop rocks jamming under the front arms. The chassis does have the small cut outs but, i get a rock jammed under there everytime, and it has popped the whole arm off. I assume the alloy blocks help keep the pin in better, but that doesnt help with the pebble jams. I was considering cutting out the chassis but, dont want to go right to that.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rally/400591-turtles-modified-xv-01-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
RC Elétrico - o fórum de automodelismo elétrico! • Tópico: - Querendo começar no Rally This thread Refback 02-20-2013 09:13 AM
Slash Garage This thread Refback 02-14-2013 05:06 PM

Turtle's Modified XV-01 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turtle's Modified DF03ra TURTLE Rally 83 04-10-2014 02:38 AM
Turtle's Modified TB01 TURTLE Rally 78 03-08-2013 01:57 AM
Turtle's Modified DF01 TURTLE Rally 17 08-15-2012 07:05 PM
Turtle's skeeter TURTLE EnRoute Berg 36 06-07-2009 05:02 PM