Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #101

welcome to the losi worm gear axles.. that is why so many folks are drilling the housings and installing a plug of some sort. this is to replace the grease that is pushed out by the gears. the only thing to do is repack them with high quality grease often, use marine grease or something with a high drip point.
titos79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #102
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhb806 View Post
I'm at a loss only drove my lcc 5 mins and it's spitting out axle grease out around the input shaft where the driveshaft connects any ideas?

to much grease will do that. you can try packing them light and often see if that helps.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Realistically it is best to take it apart and clean it and repack it. Which sucks. I hate having unused grease sitting in the axle. It is adding weight and doing nothing. There is no good way to take apart the axle though. Really wish it was like a 1:1 where you have a diff cover.
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:02 AM   #104
Rock Stacker

Im having a helluva time trying to tighten the slipper. Is there any special way to tighten it up on the LCC, ive tried a allen key in the tip of the shaft (tee hee) and a wrench on the adjusting nut and cant get the damn thing to spin in that tight area. Ive unbolted the tranny and gt a better angle at it and to no avail. Ive also got a deep socket on the nut and tried tighteneing it against resistance on the wheels and that didnt work either... soooo i feel dumb and need help.

Also im pretty sure i have a old kit, should i just shoot losi an e-mail with the kit number and ask if its good for a free set of cvd's? sounds good to me
Einst3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #105
Rock Stacker

Alrighty, I bought and got in my losi comp crawler and a Hitec HS-225mg Mighty Mini. My problem is hooking up with the Dig, It didn't come with the LOSA4038 which is the servo horn side mount thing I need, Were they suppose to send this or am i supposed to buy this? Anyway to get around it? Here is a link of what I need, although I'm not sure how that little peice connects to the side of the servo so im able to mount it sideways.

http://www.ampdraw.com/product/13971...hift-Horn:-CCR

Last edited by RC3po; 03-05-2010 at 12:09 PM.
RC3po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #106

You need to get ur dig mount from rcbros.com it's much better plus it lowers the center of gravity

Last edited by Fhb806; 03-05-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
Fhb806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 PM   #107
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhb806 View Post
You need to get ur dig mount from rcbros.com it's much better plus it lowers the center of gravity
Good call, that totally slipped my mind those mounted like a regular servo, just hoping they come back in stock very soon! Thanks

*edit* just found the adapter piece to the servo, still going to buy the rcbros one though.

Last edited by RC3po; 03-05-2010 at 02:35 PM.
RC3po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #108
Rock Stacker

Hello all,

I got my LCC a little while back and havent had to much time to work on it. I finally got it all setup and rolling and it started slipping abunch (free wheeling the motor) Im assuming its the slipper clutch since i read the FAQ. I tried tightening it and... well i feel a bit slow here but i cant figre out how to tighten the thing. Is there a trick to it? I've tried steadying the shaft with a allen key while trying to tighten the set nut. Also ive tried just holding the tires and trying to just tighten the nut that way but with no luck. Anyways im wondering is there a trick to this or am i just slow :P

Also ive got kit 2234, should i just shoot Losi support an e-mail with the serial number or hows everyone doing that? cause i think i have the older cvd's.
Einst3in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #109
Pebble Pounder

OK ... my "newbie" LNC/LCC question...

I am buying an "almost" roller LCC chassis from a member in the classifieds here... I currently have the LNC... I plan on mating them for the metal and mounting locations... the LCC is complete minus axles and tranny which is ok by me...

Is there any specific conversion tricks that I should know about ahead of time doing the chassis swap? Or does the LCC bolt right up with the LNC in every way??
Orgnoi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #110
I wanna be Dave

most everything will bolt right up if u plan on putting the lnc axles and trans in. to put the trans in just turn the skid around.
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #111
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
most everything will bolt right up if u plan on putting the lnc axles and trans in. to put the trans in just turn the skid around.
Exactly the kinda answer I was looking for... thanks!
Orgnoi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #112
Pebble Pounder

Where can I get a LCC lower link kit for the LNC? More specifically, where to get the link ends as I've seen the threads for the delrin links.
skkeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #113

Default pinion

I have a LNC with a Titan 550 21t and use a 20-22t pinion,both work great for different uses.Now I want to upgrade to a brushless system and if I read the gear ratio specs correct I will need to use a 17-18t pinion to match the gear ratios that the LCC guys are recommending [ 12-14t ] Is this correct? also I have 2 battery packs that are 2s 3200mah 25c and would like to use those on the new set up as they are almost new and fit great.Would a 17.5-18.5 motor still give good performance on 2s with the correct ratio or would I have to run a 13.5 for the higher RPM.
Igore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #114

I have a lnc & was wondering what all is needed beside new controller & servo to add the "dig feature" to the lnc ???
Oakley_XC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #115
Pebble Pounder

It might be time to start up a bunch of useless threads again according to the op, because there's no help in here so far?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #116
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley_XC View Post
I have a lnc & was wondering what all is needed beside new controller & servo to add the "dig feature" to the lnc ???
I can answer this one. You need the tranny off the Losi comp crawler. The LCC and LNC have different tranny's, specifically a dig tranny. Check ebay or the for sale section for a used one.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skkeeter View Post
Where can I get a LCC lower link kit for the LNC? More specifically, where to get the link ends as I've seen the threads for the delrin links.
have you tried rpp hobby? or horizon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igore View Post
I have a LNC with a Titan 550 21t and use a 20-22t pinion,both work great for different uses.Now I want to upgrade to a brushless system and if I read the gear ratio specs correct I will need to use a 17-18t pinion to match the gear ratios that the LCC guys are recommending [ 12-14t ] Is this correct? also I have 2 battery packs that are 2s 3200mah 25c and would like to use those on the new set up as they are almost new and fit great.Would a 17.5-18.5 motor still give good performance on 2s with the correct ratio or would I have to run a 13.5 for the higher RPM.
you can run a 17.5-18.5t if you want as they will work fine on 2s just can be geared a lil bit higher or the 13.5t is a good option with a low gear ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley_XC View Post
u need the lcc dig trans and maybe the lcc battery and reciever trays and shock mounts because after you add the dig servo it may be to high to mount the stock lnc battery tray
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #118

Ok I also have the LNC, just got a few days ago, I can already tell I need dig, Diff motor then my 55t lathe and different 4links. Are the side plates the same on my lnc as a lcc (besides Color) , I would like to have a list of everything that is different from a lcc to a lnc and everything that is the same.
Sgt_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:37 AM   #119
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Smoke View Post
Ok I also have the LNC, just got a few days ago, I can already tell I need dig, Diff motor then my 55t lathe and different 4links. Are the side plates the same on my lnc as a lcc (besides Color) , I would like to have a list of everything that is different from a lcc to a lnc and everything that is the same.
The side chassis plates are indeed the same. The lower chassis plate is also the same. As far as I can remember, these are the differences,

Transmission/dig
driveshafts
all links, upper and lower and servo
LCC has softer compound tires
battery tray, esc mount plate, receiver mount plate
shock mounts
Shocks
Hubs might be different, I think they are all plastic on the LNC
LCC doesn't have lights

I might have missed something. I'm turning my LNC into the LCC for around $100. I found a used tranny on this forum from a member for $50. The rest I ordered online. Hope this helps,
skkeeter
Old 06-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #120
Pebble Pounder

what is everyone running as far as shimming the worms and drums i know the book says 3 on the front and back of the worm and 2 on each side of the drum. just wondering cause mine is the stock setup and they get HOT and push out the grease
omenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote