Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New Incision wheels coming....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM   #121
Metal shaper

Default Re: New Incision wheels coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Thank God the 2.2s are 1.2 wide. Still wondering about the hubs.

New design as well. More scale. You'll like.
CarterFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownScience View Post
Maybe read it again and you'll see I was talking as you in the 3rd person about hating Chinese companies and taking our jobs since you're clearly a Trump supporter. Maybe VP should just build a wall around their competition?

I don't have a candidate in the race. Personally I don't care who makes my parts as long as the alloy is good and the specs are consistent. I've fondled fakeuish and VP wheels plenty and honestly they aren't all that far apart in quality. Toss the fakeuish wheels in a media tumbler for a bit like VP and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

I run CI 6 bolt glue on wheels on everything anyway. Cheap, light and they get the job done.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #123
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
Really? How's that incision spool you vowed never to buy working out for ya.
Ok...got me on that one. I want to try them but have a terrible taste in my mouth after my first VP purchase 3 years ago as a newbie to crawling. The spool is great. Even greater since it costs the same as the popular HR spool.

Everything has always been VP this VP that. I wasn't able afford anything shiny from them. I purchased a set of 90mm limiting straps. $40 for 4 of them!

I live in Sacramento, where VP is based. Soon after purchasing them I find the same exact thing offered at my LHS for half the price. Next I find out that they're both made by the same person. They look exactly the same, but the ones VP sells are twice as much. What happens next? VP stops selling them. Why? I can only imagine it's because the jig was up and they could no longer sell them at that outrageous price. Being from Sacramento I get to hear a lot of the inside stuff too. VP team drivers are always in the shop. Other local vendors too.

People form their opinions based upon experience. My experience formed an opinion of VP as a price gauging front runner which is why I said what I said about the incision spool not coming with hardware.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #124
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
The width of the wheel is good. The hubs are irrelevant though since I'm of the opinion that their hubs are crap. I do like their hubs better than their shocks though.
You dont like SLW hubs? So do you run the Shift hubs instead?

I hope they offer the 1.9 in a wider format also. It made mounting and willing up my BFG KO2s and TSL XLs and KLRs much nicer.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
You dont like SLW hubs? So do you run the Shift hubs instead?

I hope they offer the 1.9 in a wider format also. It made mounting and willing up my BFG KO2s and TSL XLs and KLRs much nicer.

Yup I run shift hubs exclusively. No more slop from the hub and hex allowing the wheel nut to come loose.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yup I run shift hubs exclusively. No more slop from the hub and hex allowing the wheel nut to come loose.
I am currently awaiting shifts to get back in stock. I started to notice the slop in the SLW hubs recently on one of my rigs. Are you running the stock axial pins or gunnar pins?
Old 07-18-2016, 02:48 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How do those attach?

Old 07-18-2016, 02:51 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Quote:
How do those attach?

They are pin mount Hubs instead of hex mount hubs. Still use SLW pattern but with beefy 3mm hardware.

Basically eliminate another tolerance stack up.

Still wondering the offset of these incision hubs and the center caps.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:52 PM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am currently awaiting shifts to get back in stock. I started to notice the slop in the SLW hubs recently on one of my rigs. Are you running the stock axial pins or gunnar pins?
Should be in this week or next from what Brian said. I'm running regular axial pins without any issues.

Quote:
How do those attach?

They are pin drive like rc4wd uses. I've heard some people saying that the pin can get lost when you remove the hub. If the shaft is shimmed right the pin has a slight bit of tension on it so it won't move.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:57 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok...got me on that one. I want to try them but have a terrible taste in my mouth after my first VP purchase 3 years ago as a newbie to crawling. The spool is great. Even greater since it costs the same as the popular HR spool.

Everything has always been VP this VP that. I wasn't able afford anything shiny from them. I purchased a set of 90mm limiting straps. $40 for 4 of them!

I live in Sacramento, where VP is based. Soon after purchasing them I find the same exact thing offered at my LHS for half the price. Next I find out that they're both made by the same person. They look exactly the same, but the ones VP sells are twice as much. What happens next? VP stops selling them. Why? I can only imagine it's because the jig was up and they could no longer sell them at that outrageous price. Being from Sacramento I get to hear a lot of the inside stuff too. VP team drivers are always in the shop. Other local vendors too.

People form their opinions based upon experience. My experience formed an opinion of VP as a price gauging front runner which is why I said what I said about the incision spool not coming with hardware.

I can appreciate that. You had a bad experience with the company and it turned you off to them, nothing wrong with that at all. It's in the way you approach a subject with calling people trump lovers or VP homers instead of being more constructive with you're criticism. Don't put words into people's mouths or try to talk for them. Hopefully in the end we're trying to help others out, not insult them or win arguments. VP does not always have the best option just like Hot racing does not always have the best option but I'm not going to call someone a Hot Racing, Kool aid drinking, Chinese loving, fan boy to try and get my point across.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:00 PM   #131
Rock Crawler

Actually it was White Trash who started with the Bernie Sanders talk. It goes both ways too SCREAMER when approaching and commenting on something.

Old 07-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

I have the shift hubs sitting in a box per white-trash recommendation a while ago. Just waiting to buy some wheels. What hardware do I need? 4-40? To vary the width do you just cut the threads to fit the number of spacers you use?
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

You called me a Trump lover in another thread, that's what I was referring to. I'm sure you remember and you are absolutely right, it does go both ways. My first interaction with you was the infamous incision spool incident so I may have developed a bit of prejudice towards most of your comments. All I'm saying is try to help more than trying to be right or win.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #134
Rock Crawler

I do try to help as much as possible, but sometimes can't help my hatred for VP when everyone else wants to ride their d!ck. That's all!

As for the Trump comment, it's not in my nature to start with something like that so you must have said something political to me to have gotten that response. If you didn't then I apologize.

Last edited by DowntownScience; 07-18-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:19 PM   #135
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
I have the shift hubs sitting in a box per white-trash recommendation a while ago. Just waiting to buy some wheels. What hardware do I need? 4-40? To vary the width do you just cut the threads to fit the number of spacers you use?
They come ready to accept M3 hardware. You can tap the extra holes for 4-40 hardware.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
They are pin drive like rc4wd uses. I've heard some people saying that the pin can get lost when you remove the hub. If the shaft is shimmed right the pin has a slight bit of tension on it so it won't move.
Got it. So kind of like the new Axial hubs, but not plastic so the pin stays put!

Old 07-18-2016, 03:25 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

Quote:
They come ready to accept M3 hardware. You can tap the extra holes for 4-40 hardware.

Gotcha. So do you just get long M3 cap screws and cut them to length for the width you want? Thought I read somewhere that the head size on M3 was a problem?
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Gotcha. So do you just get long M3 cap screws and cut them to length for the width you want? Thought I read somewhere that the head size on M3 was a problem?
A long time ago I bought a big bag of stainless hardware from Harley and I'm still using them. Do yourself a favor and get a bag of hardware from team knk or rcscrews etc. You'll thank me later.

As for the heads of the m3 hardware not fitting some wheels, yes that can be an issue. I have chucked a bunch of screws into a drill and ran the heads against my dremel a few times to mill them down. I've also tapped the pre drilled holes for 4-40 a time or two too.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
McMaster-Carr and buy a bunch of different length M3 screws with cap, button, flat (counters-sunk) and enjoy all the different hubs and Shift setups for all wheels and other RC hardware. They have black oxide coated (what I prefer because its stronger) and stainless hardware.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:45 AM   #140
RCC Addict

Also glad to hear their new 2.2's are going to be a little wider, looking forward to seeing some.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote

New Incision wheels coming.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing Stock XR10 wheels to fit Vanquish Incision Knuckles The gasman Tires and Wheels 8 01-13-2014 06:46 PM
vanquish XR-10 Incision Steering Knuckles and wheels bikeboy Axial XR10 35 03-07-2012 09:51 AM
VP Incision Steering Knuckles/Stock Wheels Mysterious Axial XR10 9 12-11-2011 05:18 PM
New 1.9 wheels coming Gozer Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-21-2008 02:59 AM